Can They Shoot Films At Sri Darbar Sahib?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ermmmm i realise u guys r jus joking, n thats cool.

i like a good joke, just not at other peoples expense.

shes still a human being, she deserves respect like everyone else.

the above comments about the way she looks were harsh and unneccesary.

dont hate me :)

Film shootings shouldn't be allowed altogether. This is the most sacred place on this planet, and deserves due respect. How many sadhus, sants, rishis, munis,bhagats, Guru-Saroops have visited this place. How many have become shaheed to preserve the honour of this sacred site.

Gyani Gurbachan Singh ji Bhinderawale didn't even allow his students to speak anything other than Gurbani while in the parkarma of Harimander sahib. I noticed that same feeling when i visited. It was difficult to have even the simplest conversation in the parkarma, the divine radiance of the place was overwhelming.

Those that shoot movie scenes(no matter how they try to weave it into their story-line) add no value to sikhi parchar. SGPC needs to take a firm stand on this. The last thing a pilgrim wants is cameras, barricades, and film crew disturbing the tranquility of the place. It's just not neccessary.

No matter how much anyone worships there, Walmart won't let the public even take photos inside their store. And guess how many photos they have of you if you spend even 10 minutes in there?

At a minimum, there should be written guidelines and policies as to what can be shot there. Also money paid by such projects should be part of public financial statement that is online.