Caste? Marriage Within Jaat?!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you call yourself a sikh yet you're a jatt? how's that work? those 2 things dont go together and never have and never will...and that love you have for that boy is the wrong love for the wrong person

I'm a sikh and jatt, you have a problem?

I am a disciple of Guru Ji, yet I come from jatt background , nothing wrong with that. In fact, on top of those 2 things, I'm a human being as well, imagine that :)

Are you going to deny jatts the sangat of Guru Maharaaj?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khlasa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

--> Im a Sikh kuri, and whats really bugging me is this caste and class, like and dislike around in todays society. In the Guru Granth Saib is it or not stated that everyone should be treated equally? INFRONT of Waheguru, everyone is one?! Please, can someone clarify?

--> I am also in love with a Sikh boy. Im of the jaat Potiwal and love a skih boy of the jaat Mattu? Is there anything wrong in that? Is there such thing as gettnig married in your own jaat groups?!?! PLease make this clear to me, as i am stuck. I love the boy i am with. Ive known him for a year now and love him more than my own life. Ive never been any happier. Ever! He means the world to me! And i love him LOADDZZ!!!

Should there be, if any, any rejection in my marriage with the boy i love?!

Can anyone help me out?

Eager for help and answers. Please.

Thank you.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khlasa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

:BOW:

Person that uses caste lable isn;t treating someone ineqaully, that's just what people want to preach.

What do you mean jaat potiwal and jaat Mattu?

Can you marry a Potiwal? Is that a caste or clan name. I know some castes use their caste as their surname.

If you want to marry and try to adpat to another culture with different traditions and RAWAAZ then be my guest. However if they boy has lost his traditionas and is very westernised, there might not be much problem, unless you're livin with the parents, who might be traditional, but meet them first.

you call yourself a sikh yet you're a jatt? how's that work? those 2 things dont go together and never have and never will...and that love you have for that boy is the wrong love for the wrong person

I'm a sikh and jatt, you have a problem?

I am a disciple of Guru Ji, yet I come from jatt background , nothing wrong with that. In fact, on top of those 2 things, I'm a human being as well, imagine that :)

Are you going to deny jatts the sangat of Guru Maharaaj?

hae hae, its so annoying trying to make different people to understand the same thing over and over and over and over again... is there any point in telling anybody what caste you are? there is literally no point at allllll... and if they do ask and you tell them then they loook at you differently, if you dont say anything and tell them that you dont have a caste then they will probably assume you got a 'low caste' (which is impossible to have as guroo jee's sikhs) and then we start caring abotu what they think we are so we need to tell them, but why should we care?????? who cares what they think of us????

I know that some people actually understand the meaning of these names such as 'jatt' and 'chumaar' etc etc because they do show the history of your family's job such as jatt is a farmer etc, but in todays society i can assure you that most people do not ask what you are because they wanna knw what your family background is but they wanna know wheather you're good enough to make friends with and talk to...

jgqu jlµdw riK lY AwpxI ikrpw Dwir ]

jagath jala(n)dhaa rakh lai aapanee kirapaa dhhaar ||

The world is going up in flames - shower it with Your Mercy, and save it!

why in the world everyone trying to impose their own thoughts and beliefs about this issue on each other....... dont u get it...... if its about rehat and maryaada.... its upto the person who is trying to follow the maryaada... means tht its upto his perceptional ability to grasp the concept behind any marriage based sikhism maryaadas and rehats.... moreover since when it has been made justifiable to claim someone's last name or jaat as his or her sole personality.... if he or she wants to be claimed as jatts or wtever..... he or she is still a human being.... i meann common.... NOW U GUYS ARE SOUNDING LIKE BUNCH OF RADICALS !!........HELLO!! i thought sikhism was also about respecting other person no matter what he or she is ........ I thought it was about defining person based on his or her actions..... I thought sikhism taught us to treat everyone equally ..... if I am wrong which I suspect I am ..... please feel free to correct me and forgive me for being "not so conventional" :6