Lets All Share....

VJKK VJKF

ok, lets all share some tuks that tell us to do something.... like a teaching... which could be used for our daily lifes....such as:

squ sMqoKu dieAw kmwvY eyh krxI swr ]

sath sa(n)thokh dhaeiaa kamaavai eaeh karanee saar ||

Practice truth, contentment and kindness; this is the most excellent way of life.

^^^^ Be Content and Truthful

now ur turn :D ..............................

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw man, when I opened this topic I thought it was going to say 'LOVE!!!!!'

Anywhoo, here's one of many : )

ਮਨ ਤੂੰ ਮਤ ਮਾਣੁ ਕਰਹਿ ਜਿ ਹਉ ਕਿਛੁ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਿਮਾਣਾ ਹੋਹੁ ॥

O mind, don't be so proud of yourself, as if you know it all; the Gurmukh is humble and modest.

Ang 441 - http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1648

mrY n jwvY sd hI sMgy siqgur sbdI cInw ]1] rhwau ]

marai n jaavai sadh hee sa(n)gae sathigur sabadhee cheenaa ||1|| rehaao ||

He does not die, and is not born; He is always with me. Through the Word of the True Guru's Shabad, I know Him. ||1||Pause||

^ The True Guru is Always With You

ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਚਰਣ ਕਮਲ ਮਨ ਧਿਆਇ ॥

Meditate within your mind on the Lotus Feet of the Guru.

ਦੂਖੁ ਦਰਦੁ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤੇ ਜਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Pain and suffering shall leave this body.

Ang 741 - http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2828

sloku ]

salok ||

Salok:

rosu n kwhU sMg krhu Awpn Awpu bIcwir ]

ros n kaahoo sa(n)g karahu aapan aap beechaar ||

Do not be angry with anyone else; look within your own self instead.

hoie inmwnw jig rhhu nwnk ndrI pwir ]1]

hoe nimaanaa jag rehahu naanak nadharee paar ||1||

Be humble in this world, O Nanak, and by His Grace you shall be carried across. ||1||

ਹਉ ਵਾਰੀ ਜੀਉ ਵਾਰੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਭਾਵਣਿਆ ॥

I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to that Gurmukh whose mind and body are pleased with You.

gurisK hir bolhu myry BweI ]

gurasikh har bolahu maerae bhaaee ||

O GurSikhs, chant the Name of the Lord, O my Siblings of Destiny.

hir bolq sB pwp lih jweI ]1] rhwau ]

har bolath sabh paap lehi jaaee ||1|| rehaao ||

Chanting the Lord's Name, all sins are washed away. ||1||Pause||

:WW:

AMimRq vylw scu nwau vifAweI vIcwru ]

a(n)mrith vaelaa sach naao vaddiaaee veechaar ||

In the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and contemplate His Glorious Greatness.

-----------------------------

iJim iJim vrsY AMimRq Dwrw ]

jhim jhim varasai a(n)mrith dhhaaraa ||

Slowly, gently, drop by drop, the stream of nectar trickles down within.

mnu pIvY suin sbdu bIcwrw ]

man peevai sun sabadh beechaaraa ||

The mind drinks it in, hearing and reflecting on the Word of the Shabad.

sMgu clq hY hm BI clnw ]

Our companions are leaving, and we must leave as well.

dUir gvnu isr aUpir mrnw ]1]

We must go far away. Death is hovering over our heads. ||1||

ikAw qU soieAw jwgu ieAwnw ]

Why are you asleep? Wake up, you ignorant fool!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<>>

qY jIvnu jig scu kir jwnw ]1] rhwau ]

You believe that your life in the world is true. ||1||Pause||

jnmu pwie kCu Blo n kIno qw qy AiDk frau ]

Obtaining this human incarnation, I have done no good deeds; this makes me very afraid!

mn bc k®m hir gun nhI gwey Xh jIA soc Drau ]1]

In thought, word and deed, I have not sung the Lord's Praises; this thought worries my mind. ||1||

gurmiq suin kCu igAwnu n aupijE psu ijau audru Brau ]

I listened to the Guru's Teachings, but spiritual wisdom did not well up within me; like a beast, I fill my belly.

khu nwnk pRB ibrdu pCwnau qb hau piqq qrau ]2]4]9]9]13]58]4]93]

Says Nanak, O God, please confirm Your Law of Grace; for only then can I, the sinner, be saved. ||2||4||9||9||13||58||4||93||

kbIr ghgic pirE kutMb kY kWTY rih gieE rwmu ]

kabeer gehagach pariou kutta(n)b kai kaa(n)t(h)ai rehi gaeiou raam ||

Kabeer, the mortal has fallen into the grip of family life, and the Lord has been set aside.

Awie pry Drm rwie ky bIcih DUmw Dwm ]142]

aae parae dhharam raae kae beechehi dhhoomaa dhhaam ||142||

The messengers of the Righteous Judge of Dharma descend upon the mortal, in the midst of all his pomp and ceremony. ||142||