Meaning Of Gur Prasad?

fauji07

what is the meaning of gur prasad in mul mantra

one translation is

He is realized through the grace of the Guru

but who was guru nanak dev ji refering to by the guru. when nanak said it there were no other gurus. please explain

iv always taken that verse for granted and never thought about it deeply

Yes, it is Guru Prasad=HIS GRACE.

Nanak dev ji's guru is LORD/GOD/Maharaaj ji. Guru ji is Brahmgyani.Brahmgyani aap parmeshwar. God is brahmgyani and vice versa.

kindly tell some site from where I can doenload mp3 [64kbit recorded] Mool Mantra and simran 'waheguru'

Thanks and regards

so god can only be relized if he gives you that blessing

Yes, He gives you that blessing himself in the form of Satguru on earth. That's why it says "EKONKAAR SATNAAM SATGUR PRASAD" so 1 GOD, TRUTH is his name, realised by the blessings of TRUTH-GURU.

There is no difference between SAT-GURU and GOD himself. They are truly one yet the Satguru claims to be lowest of the low but thats his nimrata. Him and GOD are same and one. It is GOD that resides in SATGURU's body. so how can they be different?

• 5 years later...

Interesting thread because I used to often contemplate this and cause myself confusion, so I can understand why this is somewhat an issue.

The meaning of GURPARSAAD as per Prof Sahib Singh Ji is
" The blessing or Grace of a True Guru realises such God "

Now, we can look at this and wonder the blessing of which true guru ?

OR, is it the blessing of God to realize God Himself ??

The steek above is something I have not come across before but it definitely covers the whole issue if you contemplate and look deeper.

Guru -Chethan saroop ,

Parsad- Anand saroop

Looking at the mool mantar before Gurprasad it is Onkar, Satnam, Karta Purkh,
Nirbah, Nirvair, Akal Murat Ajuni, Saibhang, Gurprasad(i).
We know the meaning of the above is that God is one and He is omnipresent in equal measures in all of creation

Truth (sat) is his name.

He is the Creator of this whole creation and Universe

He fears none and hold no animosity with anyone.

His form or shape(moorat) is beyond time or period. Time has no effect on Him.

He does not take birth.He is beyond childhood, youth, old age and death.

His existence is self-illumined. - he exist himself by himself in his self.

Gurprasad,-The blessing or Grace of a True Guru realizes such Lord.

Guru Nanak ji had no Guru, his Guru was Satguru who is described by all the qualities above.-This Guru is GOD himself.

All these above qualities can be Realized by his Grace or Prasad alone.

Therefore, I feel that 'Gurprasad' at the end of all the mool mantar that emphasizes the what, who, where, when...how...GOD is, gets summed up that these words and descriptives of ekonkaar,satnam,karta purakh, nirbhau, nirvair, akaal moorat,ajuni, saibhang can ONLY be realized by His OWN Grace or Blessing.

All the above can also be categorized under the chetan and anand saroop as mentioned in the steek.

After Gurprasad,- the bani of Jap begins with the title of II JAP II written enclosed within the 2 lines on either side.

Interesting thread because I used to often contemplate this and cause myself confusion, so I can understand why this is somewhat an issue.

The meaning of GURPARSAAD as per Prof Sahib Singh Ji is

" The blessing or Grace of a True Guru realises such God "

Now, we can look at this and wonder the blessing of which true guru ?

OR, is it the blessing of God to realize God Himself ??

The steek above is something I have not come across before but it definitely covers the whole issue if you contemplate and look deeper.

Guru -Chethan saroop ,

Parsad- Anand saroop

Looking at the mool mantar before Gurprasad it is Onkar, Satnam, Karta Purkh,

Nirbah, Nirvair, Akal Murat Ajuni, Saibhang, Gurprasad(i).

We know the meaning of the above is that God is one and He is omnipresent in equal measures in all of creation

Truth (sat) is his name.

He is the Creator of this whole creation and Universe

He fears none and hold no animosity with anyone.

His form or shape(moorat) is beyond time or period. Time has no effect on Him.

He does not take birth.He is beyond childhood, youth, old age and death.

His existence is self-illumined. - he exist himself by himself in his self.

Gurprasad,-The blessing or Grace of a True Guru realizes such Lord.

Guru Nanak ji had no Guru, his Guru was Satguru who is described by all the qualities above.-This Guru is GOD himself.

All these above qualities can be Realized by his Grace or Prasad alone.

Therefore, I feel that 'Gurprasad' at the end of all the mool mantar that emphasizes the what, who, where, when...how...GOD is, gets summed up that these words and descriptives of ekonkaar,satnam,karta purakh, nirbhau, nirvair, akaal moorat,ajuni, saibhang can ONLY be realized by His OWN Grace or Blessing.

All the above can also be categorized under the chetan and anand saroop as mentioned in the steek.

After Gurprasad,- the bani of Jap begins with the title of II JAP II written enclosed within the 2 lines on either side.

veerji mool mantar is till hosi bhi sach bcoz guru sahib ji has written 1 at hosi bhi sach not till gurprasad :)