Why Is Sikhism Found Only In Punjab

Shamshere

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe someone can help me out with this Sakhi .. because I don't remember the exact details.. but here goes:

Guru Sahib went to a village and the villagers were fairly rude and did not care much for Seva and Pyaar. Guru Sahib gave them a blessing and said "May you stay here and prosper"

Guru Sahib went to the second village and the villagers there did immense Seva and had so much Pyaar in their hearts. Guru Sahib said to them "May you leave this village and never find rest at one particular place"

The Sevadaars that were accompaying Guru Sahib asked why Guru Sahib had given a 'harsh' blessing to the villagers with so much Pyaar while he gave the villagers who had little Pyaar a nice blessing.

Guru Sahib said: "The villagers had so much goodness in them that I want them to spread it around the world. They will go out and teach others about Pyaar and Seva. Through them, pyaar will spread ... for the good of humanity"

Please forgive me if I wrote the sakhi incorrectly .. I heard it a while ago, and can't remember the exact details ... vaheguru

great ranjeet brother

peacemaker... gora means fair skinned... tht is a compliment

but in punjabi if u say kala its obviously not a comment okay?

and i unno about you but, i'd love to be called kala tongue.gif

ahahahah nice sikhism isn't just in punjab its in alot of other states in india like for example karnataka, Utaar Pradesh, Maharashtra etc

and sikhs in my opinion are just sikhs I have no race or anything against any of them :D

Sikhi isn't supposed to be a religion that actively goes about converting other people, but allows people to convert if they wish. To put it in laymens terms, "It's alright with me if you are who you are, but if you want in, you're in". Conversion isn't a major concern for a Sikh, because the only person one needs to convert, is oneself.

nicely said smartsingh

princess, heres your sakhi;

Once Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj was travelling through Bengal in India. Bhai Bala and Bhai Mardana were also with the Guru. They walked from village to village on foot. They were very hungry and tired. They wanted some food and rest. They could go no further so they went to a village to stay for the night. Near the village they met some people. The Guru stopped and said, "Dear sir, we are travellers. We have been walking for a long time. Now we are hungry and tired. Can you give us some food to eat and a room to sleep for the night?"

"Go away. We don't care for any traveller," replied the people very rudely.

They asked many people but everybody in the village was rude and unkind to them. They had to spend the night outside. They also went to sleep hungry.

They got up early in the morning and sang hymns They prayed to God. After the prayer Guru Nanak said, "May these people stay here in this village for ever."

They set out on their journey once again. Bhai Mardana was very upset. He was very angry with the people of the village. He did not like the Guru's blessing for the bad people. But he did not say anything.

Next day they came to another village. The people of that village were very good. They welcomed everyone who came to their village. They were very kind to Guru Nanak and his friends. They served them good food with loving care. They gave them nice beds to sleep in for the night. Next morning when they got up Guru Nanak said to his friends, "Let us pray." So they prayed to God for the good of all. After the prayer Guru Nanak said, "May the people of this village scatter."

Mardana felt very upset once again. He said to the Guru, "Lord, I cannot understand your wish. You wish the good to scatter away and the unkind to stay happily in one place. You curse the good but you bless the bad."

Guru Nanak said, "Listen to me, dear Mardana, I have not cursed the good people. I wish these good people to scatter and live in other parts of the world. Wherever they go, they will make the people good. If there are more good people, the world will be happier. The bad people of the other village are good-for-nothing. They will make other people rude and unkind wherever they go. It is therefore better if they stay in their own village."

Mardana was not upset now He was happy. The Guru's wish was clear to him. Let us be kind and gentle to other people and please our Lord.

Coz we don’t do enough parchar, we havnt really been able to spread out sikhi

But no need to lose heart……remember theres only one lion in a jungle but there can b many other animals only one king though  Also a diamond is rare to find but we can find rocks anywhere

http://www.ladlass.com/intel/archives/006629.html

Among them are the 79 Chinese who described their religion as Sikh

Its good to see atleast some converts in UK.. Many Punjabi Sikh youth is astrayed from the path of Sikhi in UK... And 79 Chinese have converted... Good step...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

When Sikhism was found or when Khalsa was created the Panj Pyaree were not only from Panjab they were from all India. There is no doubt Khalsa will rule this world and prevail in the future as there is no match of exemplars we've had via means of Gursikhs in the past and in the future, and of course our Guru Sahibans.Pyar of Gursikhee cannot be measured in similar terms blessing of our Guru Sahibans cannot be measured either. Khalsa kaum is spreading all over the world as we speak but we really need to look and see if it really is, even that requires effort!!!

Secondly we've been around 300 odd years unlike the others who have been around 1000's give it time....