Why Is Sikhism Found Only In Punjab

Shamshere

There was even a case of some Mogul general taking amrit but he later reconverted to Islam - these were probably political moves but they show just how powerful Singhs had become by then.
I think you are probably talking about the Mughal spy Abu Al Turani. If I am wrong then ignore this post...
The day Guru Gobind Singh prepared the nectar at 'Anandpur' the congregation was estimated to around thirty five to forty thousand sikhs who had come from far and wide. I had seen the grandeur of the 'Mughal Darbars' but this 'Guru's Darbar' had a charm of its own - simply majestic and beyond comparison.

The Guru came on the stage and after drawing his sword demanded a 'head' from the 'Sangat' present. This awesome call from the Guru sent a shiver to spines of the sikhs present in the congregation. Amidst all this a brave person emerged from the crowd and with his clasped hands humbly presented himself to the Guru. The Guru, with one stroke if his sword, beheaded the sikh in front of all the stunned 'sangat', and again asked for another 'head'. Another person who came on the stage was similarly beheaded. The Guru made the eerie call again and simultaneously three devout sikhs came on the stage and met the same fate under the merciless sword of the Guru. The stage was a ghastly sight with the torsos and heads of the five drenched in pools of blood. All the trace of blood diminished after the Guru cleaned it with water. The Guru then medically joined each head on a different body and thereafter covered them with white sheets.

He then ordered a stone urn and on top of it he put an iron pot in which he added some water. He put his sword in it and started moving it, while chanting some words. He took some time and during this period some woman from the Guru's household came and put something in the pot. The nectar (Abe-Hayat) was now ready. The Guru then removed the white sheets from one body and poured the nectar into the dead man's mouth, on the hair and on the body. While he was performing this ritual he kept on pronouncing "Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh"( The Khalsa belongs to the Almighty and to the Almighty is the victory ). To the amazement of the 'sangat', the person sat up and loudly chanted "Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh".

The whole congregation was aghast and taken aback by this miracle. The Guru did the same to the rest of the four bodies and they also like their counterpart rose up with shouts of "Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh". The Guru then took these five sikhs into a tent and after some time they emerged wearing new white clothes. The Guru then kneeled down in front of them and asked them to give him the life giving nectar. Obligingly they obeyed and baptized the Guru .

The Guru named them Daya Singh, Dharam Singh, Himmat Singh, Mohkam Singh and Sahib Singh and consequently changed his name from Gobind Rai to Gobind Singh. What happened in front of my eyes completely entranced me, and my heart longed to be in the Guru's eternal feet. With a lump in my throat, I approached the Guru and begged him to baptize me and take me in his abode. The Guru smiled and baptized me and named me 'Ajmer Singh'. Thus with the Guru's blessing I attained absolute bliss. This was the last report I sent to Aurangzeb in which I mentioned that the Guru was not an ordinary person but was 'Allah' Himself. Furthermore I warned the Emperor that his enmity towards the Guru will lead to the downfall and destruction of the Mughal Empire.

written account of Vasakhi 1699 by Mughal spy Abu Al Turani who took Amrit on that blessed day as well and became Ajmer Singh

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just had 1 question...

why are most punjabi sikhs against 3ho sikhs?

because they do yoga?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ke Fateh

I dont' think it's a question of hate more of saddness especially when some 3HO Sikhs perform Bhangra events as well as kirtan. And the other points such as where they are searching more for the "bhungama nari" by practicing yoga. SGGS clearly states the stand on yoga. However some 3HO members have moved on from the 3HO as a stepping stone and they are the real gems in the panth today, their seva is unbeleivable, not that I question the seva of 3HO. But as long as their stance remains on yoga and bhangra manmukee type events as well as kirtan then how much have they or us have progressed?

Please stick to the topic and let's not have a bhangra yoga bashing debate here.

There was even a case of some Mogul general taking amrit but he later reconverted to Islam - these were probably political moves but they show just how powerful Singhs had become by then.
I think you are probably talking about the Mughal spy Abu Al Turani. If I am wrong then ignore this post...
The day Guru Gobind Singh prepared the nectar at 'Anandpur' the congregation was estimated to around thirty five to forty thousand sikhs who had come from far and wide. I had seen the grandeur of the 'Mughal Darbars' but this 'Guru's Darbar' had a charm of its own - simply majestic and beyond comparison.

The Guru came on the stage and after drawing his sword demanded a 'head' from the 'Sangat' present. This awesome call from the Guru sent a shiver to spines of the sikhs present in the congregation. Amidst all this a brave person emerged from the crowd and with his clasped hands humbly presented himself to the Guru. The Guru, with one stroke if his sword, beheaded the sikh in front of all the stunned 'sangat', and again asked for another 'head'. Another person who came on the stage was similarly beheaded. The Guru made the eerie call again and simultaneously three devout sikhs came on the stage and met the same fate under the merciless sword of the Guru. The stage was a ghastly sight with the torsos and heads of the five drenched in pools of blood. All the trace of blood diminished after the Guru cleaned it with water. The Guru then medically joined each head on a different body and thereafter covered them with white sheets.

He then ordered a stone urn and on top of it he put an iron pot in which he added some water. He put his sword in it and started moving it, while chanting some words. He took some time and during this period some woman from the Guru's household came and put something in the pot. The nectar (Abe-Hayat) was now ready. The Guru then removed the white sheets from one body and poured the nectar into the dead man's mouth, on the hair and on the body. While he was performing this ritual he kept on pronouncing "Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh"( The Khalsa belongs to the Almighty and to the Almighty is the victory ). To the amazement of the 'sangat', the person sat up and loudly chanted "Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh".

The whole congregation was aghast and taken aback by this miracle. The Guru did the same to the rest of the four bodies and they also like their counterpart rose up with shouts of "Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh". The Guru then took these five sikhs into a tent and after some time they emerged wearing new white clothes. The Guru then kneeled down in front of them and asked them to give him the life giving nectar. Obligingly they obeyed and baptized the Guru .

The Guru named them Daya Singh, Dharam Singh, Himmat Singh, Mohkam Singh and Sahib Singh and consequently changed his name from Gobind Rai to Gobind Singh. What happened in front of my eyes completely entranced me, and my heart longed to be in the Guru's eternal feet. With a lump in my throat, I approached the Guru and begged him to baptize me and take me in his abode. The Guru smiled and baptized me and named me 'Ajmer Singh'. Thus with the Guru's blessing I attained absolute bliss. This was the last report I sent to Aurangzeb in which I mentioned that the Guru was not an ordinary person but was 'Allah' Himself. Furthermore I warned the Emperor that his enmity towards the Guru will lead to the downfall and destruction of the Mughal Empire.

written account of Vasakhi 1699 by Mughal spy Abu Al Turani who took Amrit on that blessed day as well and became Ajmer Singh

I was talking about a Rohilla guy named Zabita Khan. He turned on the Moghuls and took amrit and his name was changed to Dharam Singh (in the late 1700s). He later went back to Islam.

"The Seicks have taken possession of all the country of Zabeta Khan, and have left to him little more than Ghous Gheer his principal town and fort.

This weak Chief in every thing the reverse of his Father, thought to obtain the protection of the Seicks, by becoming one of their Sect. He has been grievously disappointed, for when I was in that neighbourhood his Fort was beseiged by the Seicks, and he had been obliged to call in a Body of Mercenaries to his assistance. The name which he had assumed in consequence of his Conversion was Nemez Sing."

(Footnote: In fact, Zabita Khan had taken the name of Dharam (Durm) Singh as stated by Forster himself. A Journey from Bengal to England. i. 282, footnote. The word Nemez is Namar, meaning Muslim prayer. A pious Muslim who recites his prayers regularly is generally known as Namazi part of which is evidently in Allusion to his former profession of faith.)

http://www.sikhcybermuseum.org.uk/history/...Observation.htm