Tieing Beard

I used to roll my beard just like nanosecond mentioned:

Wet ur Daari

Put the Gel in ur palm

Use a brush(hair brush) to apply the gel to ur daari

use brush all over daari

now gather daari and tuck it under ur chin

or u may use pins etc

Thats easy way to do it.. go for gel thats not 'too strong'.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from akj_4eva_akj

to peacemaker- if you need a tuk from gurbani to support the fact of leaving dari open, then give a tuk from gurbani telling a sikh to wear 5 kakkars

why can you not just face the fact that sometimes, things are in accordance with gurmat, and other times they are not.

dont make a big deal of it.

accept it

the roop of a gursikh singh, is dastaar, open dari, bana

khalsa does not follow trends/fashion

for what reasons would a person tie his dari?

if it was to do with looks/what other people think, then that is wrong.

gurbani clearly states that this is wrong

if it is to do with "practiality" and you want to be a "practical" sikh, then why not just cut your dari? tying is essentially someone who wants the "benefits" of someone who cuts their dhari, but they realise that sikhi says do no cut your kes, so they find a loophole

and before people say the old famous line of "its whats on the inside that counts" or, "dont judge people" im not judging anyone, im simply stating that tying your dari is not in accordance with the roop of a gursikh. if you do such work where your dari may be damaged then by all means tuck it/tie it out of the way.

But otherwise, i see no reason for the tying of ones dari.

why are people so afraid just to say the truth? the truth is, a singh with tied dari does not look complete as a singh.

Wow, I'm must say, I'm very surprised that this thread hasn't been hijacked yet grin.gif

I was expecting to see replies like:

"what you need to tie ur dhara for, leave it parkaash"

"are you ashamed of ur dhara?"

and of course some gangster wanna be would've said, "u suck man, guru sahib gave u dhara and you want to hide it?"

On a serious note, I'm glad that did not happen :D

hijack the thread? must you use such inflammatory language bro? how about... fundamentally, fanatically, terrorize the thread?

unless tying is done for some practical protection or preservation.... WHY NOT THROW A BLANKET OVER YOUR HEAD AND CUT OUT EYEHOLES? WILL IT ACHIEVE THE SAME THING? WHICH BRINGS US TO THE QUESTION... WHAT IS IT THAT TYING IS ACHIEVING? :@

100% lovingly bugging you, and 30% enjoying making the point.... (and btw this is a private lovingly between free flowing and tying brothers...nobody try to exploit it to divide us or we will FFT you)

don't worry papi, despite my enthusiasm and free flow, i remain hampered by neckties and 'business' suits... but i will always support those beautiful brothers who suggest burning my wardrobe... remember "it's not about i"

why has this thread been hijacked??? i asked a simple question where i specifically stated people shouldnt bring their own agendas into it......should have known better this IS sikh sangat after all!!!!!

but to the other thanks for the advice ive decided to stick with the free flowing beard.....cos i always liked it like that just wanted management tips u know.

easy bro,

the thread came innocently hijacked by you. some simply set it free…. tongue.gif

There was a movement where a few people started eating roses, this slowly grew in popularity, despite all of the people getting rashes…

… so you ask…

“people please help me, how can I eat a rose, please don’t hijack the thread and tell me to smell the fragrance”

valid question and responses all around… just adding a little smell for thought to the mix.