How To Convince A Sikh About Islam

Singhballer

Guest peacemaker
In my opinion you don't know me or anything about me and you're making some odd assumptions.

There are differences. There are also similarities.

I'm glad that paranoid, accusatory, and chauvanistic attitudes aren't just present in the Muslim community. I'm glad to see that if I choose to keep exploring Sikhi, I can look forward to them here too. Makes my day.

Bro, odd assumptions are a common thing here. :s Hasbun Allah wa ni'am al-wakil! Jazzak Allah Khair!

P.S. Don't let anyone force you into anything you don't feel with your heart. :D

Guest peacemaker
Anyone who truely believes in islamic teachings 100% can be put into the category of muslims 'targeting other religions' or hell bent in 'converting the whole world into Islam' and of course this includes the lunatic who created the website mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Young lady, I'm really annoyed at what you are writing and how you are making people feel who come on this site who are non sikhs and just trying to learn with an open mind. Can you kindly stop it? Thank you. You have no right to talk that way about Islam.

Guest peacemaker
Oh for goodness sake.!!! No one is making assumptions. I made my observation after reading Gurbani and investigating into the koran and haddiths!.

There is no 'p u s s y footing' around this fact. You will find amritnaam only in Gurbani but not in the koran/haddiths or the bible or other.

Read above post. You need to stop doing that. If you have only read the koran and haddiths to try and find faults in them, then shame on you.

Anyone who truely believes in islamic teachings 100% can be put into the category of muslims 'targeting other religions' or hell bent in 'converting the whole world into Islam' and of course this includes the lunatic who created the website mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Young lady, I'm really annoyed at what you are writing and how you are making people feel who come on this site who are non sikhs and just trying to learn with an open minded. Can you kindly stop it? Thank you.

Oh for Goodness sake. There we go again. What i wrote is a fact.!

young man "You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear"

UGK

Look, I do not claim to be an expert on what the Gurus transmitted, but I have been studying it. I guess according you that means...I should be a Sikh now or I'm a rejecter or....I've heard the same excuse from Muslims who want to scream at anyone investigating Islam who doesn't want to dive right into it without exploration. I have my doubts to what extent you have studied Islam, because I'm so used to Islam-bashing Christians going online with a few quotes they got from Robert Spencer's website and claiming to be experts on Qu'ran and hadith even when they confuse the two. I see differences and similarities, but am more interested in the smiliarities. I'm risking a lot tomorrow; After Jummah, I'm going on to tell the Mosque board, of which I'm a member, that I've come to believe in Nanak's message as I understand it, and ask them if they want me to keep serving. I'm pretty sure some, maybe most, will ask me to resign, and several brothers I'm close to may shun me after that. If I hadn't read any Gurbani, I don't think I'd take such a step, so please don't act like you have my number or something.