Why Emphasis On Post-death Rather Than Pre-birth?

MiriPiri

forgive me but i thought the "sikhi view" was that a baby is born crying bcos of vichora from waheguru...........

Bollywood confirms that too. Whenever a baby is born in a hindi movie.. all you hear is uuaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn oooooooaaaaaaiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn uuuaain....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im struggling to find the purpose of Life and why at the very first place god send us here.

pRwxI qUM AwieAw lwhw lYix ]

praanee thoo(n) aaeiaa laahaa lain ||

O mortal, you came here to earn a profit.

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=126

That answers all my questions. We are here to earn a profit. LOL!

I've never seen anyone so openly and blatantly make a mockery out of gurbani before like you have done. That's disgusting.

Im struggling to find the purpose of Life and why at the very first place god send us here.

I've never seen anyone so openly and blatantly make a mockery out of gurbani before like you have done. That's disgusting.

Instead of giving a tangent direction to the original post ...can someone please gimme the implied meaning of the Gurbani line ...ie " You came here to earn a profit"

By Profits does Guru Ji refer to the material profits or the profit of Conscious realization of GOD.

And also im sure Gurbani touches this concept of purpose of life in a deeper sense

No, no. I wasn't mocking gurbani not at at all, but the fact that this quote was used in the context of this discussion, hence why I wrote, "That answers all my questions".

I was implying that the quote, especially taken out of the context of the whole shabad made no sense in this discussion.

Please forgive any offence caused. I feel bad, because readign back I can see how it may be misunderstood that I was mockign gurbani. :-(

From what I can tell, that gurbani tuk clearly answer the question you asked in one of your posts

Bhaji, this was not my question, but another's.

Plus, if the extract is from a shabad that contains the answer, then the whole shbad or a bigger extract shoudl be given so we may understand better the wisdom within. Honestly (as opposed to sarcastically) some of us here are not as wisened to how to read Gurbani and apply to it every day questions arising in our relarively unenlightened minds. :s