Why Emphasis On Post-death Rather Than Pre-birth?

MiriPiri

My dad once told me that when a child is born, he is closer to God without trying than it will ever be.

Now, this made me think, why do religions in general, and even Sikhi :-( scare us about what happens to us after death, and yet neglect to tell us what happens before we are born. Where is the soul whilst the baby is in the mother's womb, for example?

This leads onto a wider debate about religions frightening us into submission, but please do not post about that as that is not what I am getting at in this thread. Thanks. :-)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad once told me that when a child is born, he is closer to God without trying than it will ever be.

Now, this made me think, why do religions in general, and even Sikhi :-( scare us about what happens to us after death, and yet neglect to tell us what happens before we are born. Where is the soul whilst the baby is in the mother's womb, for example?

This leads onto a wider debate about religions frightening us into submission, but please do not post about that as that is not what I am getting at in this thread. Thanks. :-)

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=184

Tell me one thing, Do you remember how it was like in your mothers womb?

Bani tells us that the mothers womb is like a pit of fire.. like hell, and that even there he looked after us. and thats where our knowledge needs to stop. Why? Because if it wasn't for our desires and our greed, we wouldnt be born in the first place.

The fact that we are born, and we are lost... is why we need bani or any other religion to guide us, enlighten us on issues which we are unaware about because we are so engrossed in maya and so that we can rectify ourselves.

The reason the child is closest to parmatama in the womb is because they are untouched by maya and can concentrate on bhagti. This explains why a child begins to cry as soon as they leave the womb and enter the world, they are lured by maya, they cry in pain of separation from parmatama. But as the child grows older, they are more and more attracted to maya slowly forgetting why they came here in the first place, by the time they realise its too late as all we're left with is old age. The shabad above explains all.

We dont need to know about our past lifes... we're already born! Now just work on fixing it.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=184

Bani tells us that the mothers womb is like a pit of fire.. like hell, and that even there he looked after us. and thats where our knowledge needs to stop. Why? Because if it wasn't for our desires and our greed, we wouldnt be born in the first place.

The fact that we are born, and we are lost... is why we need bani or any other religion to guide us, enlighten us on issues which we are unaware about because we are so engrossed in maya and so that we can rectify ourselves.

The reason the child is closest to parmatama in the womb is because they are untouched by maya and can concentrate on bhagti. This explains why a child begins to cry as soon as they leave the womb and enter the world, they are lured by maya, they cry in pain of separation from parmatama. But as the child grows older, they are more and more attracted to maya slowly forgetting why they came here in the first place, by the time they realise its too late as all we're left with is old age. The shabad above explains all.

We dont need to know about our past lifes... we're already born! Now just work on fixing it.

Very weel put ....

Im going thru, not a very busy phase in my life and some very strange question roll up my sleeve....Im struggling to find the purpose of Life and why at the very first place GOD send us here.

WJKK WJKF

Accordoign to this, every Sikh should mourn the birth of a child, and like Catholics we must beleive that all little babies are evil and in need of salvation. Babies do not cry because they are in pain of being born into maya, but because they are shocked by the light and cold, because they have been through a physical ordeal of being bornw, and because they are hungry.

Existentital babblings, yes babblings, do not help when they contradict physiological certainties.

By all means, we are lured by maya in our physical lives, but please do not attach this to new born babies.

And of course, good Sikhs bring their children up the way of the Guru Ji, to prevent covnergence towards maya, so not disagreeign with that point in general.

Sorry for appearing over-emotional, it's been a bad day.

Waheguru, waheguru, waheguru.....

Babies do not cry because they are in pain of being born into maya, but because they are shocked by the light and cold, because they have been through a physical ordeal of being bornw, and because they are hungry.

grin.gif We don't know that for certain, that's just what we think from what science/doctors etc tell us. Sorry, a bit off-topic.

forgive me but i thought the "sikhi view" was that a baby is born crying bcos of vichora from waheguru...........when the child is in its mothers womb its "surt" is connected with waheguru, the soul knows why it has come back and what karams he/she has obtained for its previous janams but as such as the child exits the womb the connection is broken and hence the baby cries.................

Hence when Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born, i read a sakha somewhere that he didnt make a sound cos his "surt" was in tact with Waheguru.............. :s

i could be completly wrong though so bhul chuck maafi

Im struggling to find the purpose of Life and why at the very first place god send us here.

pRwxI qUM AwieAw lwhw lYix ]

praanee thoo(n) aaeiaa laahaa lain ||

O mortal, you came here to earn a profit.

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=126

That answers all my questions. We are here to earn a profit. LOL!

English translation is messed up. You need to learn gurmukhi. LOL!