Caste System

mandeep99

Sikhs love to put themselves under the name of a caste but then hate it when others call them Hindus

Yeah. I remember growing up and being asked by people about Sikhs and caste and not knowing what to say.

What can you say if someone asks "Do Sikhs believe in caste?"

"Well...err.....technically our Gurus were against it but...err...most Sikhs still practice caste distinctions when it comes to marriage and sometimes at the Gurdwara.....erm"

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Ah this is the 1 topic and proper gets 2 me. I have been "preaching" this 4 aggges now!

I think this is extremelly wrong, all of our Gurus went against this so why do we still do it? Sikhism is about equality and i think that is like, more than obvious. And those who still use it, i dont even know what 2 say about them. All the "Sikhs" around my area are proper messed up. they go around drinkin, smokin and womanizing (all at the same time lol) and go round sayin how much of a big "jatt" they are. Ik pooteh hath di marni chaidi lol. Basically if your Sikh your Sikh, and if your jatt ur jatt, not both.

AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

WJKKWJKF

Our Guru's abolished the caste system. They were against it because in those times people would discrimnate against other castes and think they were lower and think that some castes couldn't reach God. They were against this discrimination

That being said, I don't think there is anything wrong about following this system still and being proud of it. I am a Jatt and am proud of it. It is my heritage and the way I was brought up. It is just like me being proud to be a Punjabi, being a proud Khalistani, being a proud Sikh, it is just who I am.

Yes I understand there are still huge flaws in the caste system that I do not agree with. I do not believe in discriminating, I have many different friends from different castes, just like I have many different friends from different races. I do not agree that one shouldn't marry someone from a different caste, because we are all sons and daughters of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, and have the same blood running in us.

It is just our heritage and there is no reason why we can't go by our caste and be proud of it. If i were to say that I am a proud Punjabi would that be wrong?

Just my thoughts on this topic because I am tired of people saying I can't be a Jatt and a Sikh. Guru Ji abolished discriminating against other castes, saying we are all equal, which I believe we are, but nothing wrong with understanding where we came from and our background.

Sorry if I offended anyone

WJKKWJKF

WJKKWJKF

Our Guru's abolished the caste system. They were against it because in those times people would discrimnate against other castes and think they were lower and think that some castes couldn't reach God. They were against this discrimination

That being said, I don't think there is anything wrong about following this system still and being proud of it. I am a Jatt and am proud of it. It is my heritage and the way I was brought up. It is just like me being proud to be a Punjabi, being a proud Khalistani, being a proud Sikh, it is just who I am.

Yes I understand there are still huge flaws in the caste system that I do not agree with. I do not believe in discriminating, I have many different friends from different castes, just like I have many different friends from different races. I do not agree that one shouldn't marry someone from a different caste, because we are all sons and daughters of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, and have the same blood running in us.

It is just our heritage and there is no reason why we can't go by our caste and be proud of it. If i were to say that I am a proud Punjabi would that be wrong?

Just my thoughts on this topic because I am tired of people saying I can't be a Jatt and a Sikh. Guru Ji abolished discriminating against other castes, saying we are all equal, which I believe we are, but nothing wrong with understanding where we came from and our background.

Sorry if I offended anyone

WJKKWJKF

Would you still be proud if you were a dalit?