Harmeet_Singh

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got this email:

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email.

I note your reference to the statutory defence provided in the Criminal Justice Act 1988 in relation to carrying an article with a blade for religious reasons. I note that this relates to the carrying of such an article in a public place.

Access to Wembley Stadium on an event day is only granted through possession and presentation of a valid ticket to the relevant event, and access is subject to our Stadium Ground Regulations (which can be found on www.wembleystadium.com/events/groundregulations). Our Ground Regulations prohibit the possession of knives, weapons or dangerous items in the ground. I’m sure you will appreciate our rationale for this regulation.

As your dagger is likely to fall within the list of prohibited items, you are liable to be refused entry to or ejected from the Stadium if you carry this with you. I appreciate that you may have a statutory defence available to you in relation to any potential police charge, however admission to the Stadium is a private matter governed by our regulations.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team

Wembley National Stadium Ltd

Wembley

HA9 0WS

For correspondence:

Wembley Stadium

PO Box 1966

London

SW1P 9EQ

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

Sweet Sikhi was yesterday involved in a meeting with Metropolitan Police and we raised your issues. The representatives said they would ask for the relevant force patrolling to be made aware regarding Kirpan. Please get in touch with us as we would now like to forward the email to the police and ask them to liaise with Wembley as they are also aware and have dealt with the Wembely Arena fiasco last year.

Please contact Sweet Sikhi ASAP and we can get in touch with Metropolitan Police regarding this case.

Dhanvad

Sweet Sikhi Team

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

teekhya.

well u cant go then.

dont even think about going but taking ur kirpan off.

Totally agree.

I just don't get the thinking of people who seem ok to remove their Kirpan so easily

o yeah that goes for sure, whats the worth of carrying the kirpan, when its places like these u'll probably need it the most huna sometimes violence nd stuff happens etc, theres no worth huna if u gonna wear it during ishnaan etc and then when you're out and about taking it off

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I've been to Old Trafford with my Kirpaan on, and no-one said a thing. It is very likely that no-one will be checking at Wembley either.

Having said that, liaise with Sweet Sikhi to get this resolved. It shouldn't be a major issue to overturn the Wembley regulations. I'm sure a bit of pressure will make Wembley see sense.

Waheguroo