Wembley Stadium

Harmeet_Singh

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wjkk wjkp!

Ive got tickets to go and watch the England Vs Switzerland match on the 6th of feb

but im not sure what theyre like on the kirpan isssue, are you allowed to wear it or do they have some other policy on it, could sangat jee plz help

thanks

Best thing is to contact them and find out, but I don't think you can wear it. You prob have to wear a small one around your neck... Might be wrong. I'd actually be happy if I was wrong, at least I know we don't have to take it off! :s

I wouldn't be surprised if they did have metal dectectors and extra security...It can accomdate 60,000+ people and maybe open to terrorist attacks..

Best thing would be to contact them direct!!

Wembley National Stadium Ltd

Wembley

London

HA9 OWS

TEL: 0844 980 8001

customerservices@wembleystadium.com

Police in London are generally clued up. Last time I herd on radio about a lot of apne who didnt get in to a punjabi concert, whether thats bad or good is another thing tongue.gif hehe

I think ring or even better email so you have something in writing, see if they get back and ask for more info.

Fateh .. .. .

Went to see a Vaisakhi Concert at Wembley Arena (Not stadium). They were making everyone

go through the metal detectors.

One of my friends who is AmritDhari Singh was asked to remove his Kirpan and submit it in a secure

area; to which he clearly refused. There were other Singhs who were doing this and going in without

their kirpan.

He clearly refused; there was a lot of commotion; spoke to the Wembley Senior Staff who refused to allow this; Police were called; who took side of the wembley management. When I pointed out to the Seargent on duty that it seems that they are not aware of Kirpan being an article of faith; we were all marched off the Arena :-(

I will strongly suggest that you call them, and if you do go be prepared to leave the kirpan outside.

Fateh . . . . . .