AWESOME SITE!!! ALL MUST SEE!!!

ms514

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of sikhi is to be one with God. That is to say, we should all have pure love for the Guru. Our mind should be clean. The minor goal can be sachkhand. However, the major goal should be to hope for the charna of our guru.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

again ppls from other religions can SURE go to the saachkhand level.. it's not only sikhi.. Look at this way.. In other religion the path is like Zig Zag way.. While in sikhi the path is Straight.. BUT All goes to the same point which is saachkhand or meet akal purakh sangat.. :)

again ppls from other religions can SURE go to the saachkhand level.. it's not only sikhi.. Look at this way.. In other religion the path is like Zig Zag way.. While in sikhi the path is Straight.. BUT All goes to the same point which is saachkhand or meet akal purakh sangat.. :)

take two buses, who are going to the same town / destination.

Do they have to follow the same route? one might go the long way the other the short. One might have more passengers than the other. One might break down and some passengers will get leave. One might charge more than the other.

Same thing is with religion. They are trying to lead us passengers to the same desitation. Each have their own way of doing it. Some have more followers than others. etc

VahegurooJeeKaaKhalsa

VahegurooJeeKeeFateh!

Sardar Mkhalsa, thanks for getting back to me, the response from the other members of the forum is the thing that confuses me. My personal understanding of this subject has always been similar to the notion that Amardeep Singh has expressed, however as you have again stipulated, Sach Khand is only available to Sikhs, since you indicate only our Sri Guru speaks of this realm.

As such, please could you give me your thoughts on the following terms discussed by other spiritual traditions and religions, which I have always viewed as close proxies or direct equivalence of what we has Sikhs understand to be Sach Khand, as I feel I may have been incorrect in my understanding of these and/or indeed, Sach Khand itself...

References in the Ramayan and Mahabharat are made to Gyanganj or Siddhashram, which some have termed as being the traditional terms for what we term Sach Khand, this is not something I personally ascribe to, as the names and descriptions of these realms to my limited understanding appear more akin to the other realms that Guru Nanak Dev Ji describes in Jap Ji Sahib.

That said, references to “Sat Lok†in traditional Bharati writings and “Muqam-i-Haq†in Sufi traditions, both of which cane be loosely translated to realm of truth, certainly do strike an accord with what we term Sach Khand, as do descriptions of Heaven used by Catholic Mystics (as opposed to what you once described as the ‘Kaamic’ heaven of Protestant Christians) and likewise with similar terminology within Buddhist traditions (of which, certain terms also appear in our Sri Guru).

Again, I ask simply as my understanding of

this notion maybe incorrect and would appreciate your guidance, since you have indicated quite strongly here and elsewhere that only Sikhi speaks of Sach Khand and the means by which to reach this destination, accordingly you certainly will have more knowledge than my cursory readings of other traditions in order to so strongly qualify your statement.

Thanks for your ongoing help.

Gur Fateh!

SachKhand(i) in Japji means 'in SachKhand'.

in MahanKosh Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha says SachKhand is:

1. Satye Lok [True People?]

2. Nirvaan

3. Avinaashi Mandal

so these words are probably from Hindu/Buddist thoughts...and therefore i think also other then Sikhs believed in SachKhand. not sure...

Sach = true, truth, real

Khand = place, country, realm, world (aswell as numerous other meanings, please look under Khand in Mahan Kosh by Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha)

Sachkhand = True-Realm or Realm of Truth

Let's look at Satya-lok mentioned by Deep Singh Ji.Satyalok is mentioned in many Indian scriptures like Veda and Srimad Bhagvad Gita.Satyalok is obviously Sanskrit.

Satya = true, truth, real

Lok = place, country, realm, world

Satya-lok = True-Realm or Realm of Truth

The words Sachkhand and Satyalok philologically mean the same thing.Go figure yourself.Also I'd like to add that Bhai Kahn Singh Ji's meaning given for Sachkhand is 100% accurate.

Learn Panjabi, learn to read Gurbani.And learning a little Sanskrit won't do any harm either, in fact it will help you a lot.

Teri marzi... think.gif