Benazir Bhutto Killed In Gun Attack And Bomb Explosion

proactive

always terrible news to hear of innocent lives being taken. such a shame to see how destabilised the region is.

its a shame that pakistan was partitioned from india, all of those great cities and towns which were part of maharaja ranjits punjab are now nothing compared to what they were. lahore was our capital.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if u look at this from a global point of view, the countires where there is civil war largest amount of illlnesses, high mortality, over population, large amounts of extremism, largew amounts of bloodshead, large amounts of human rights abuses, the list could go on foreva

but the thing which stands out is that its all happening in prodominantely muslim countries, either its a coinsedence or something fishy.

what you're espousing is more of a conspiracy theory. Yeah, economic warfare is a reality, but don't go connecting everything to rich v. poor, west v. east because its never so easy as that. There are several different actors that cause the problems of today, and they may or may not be connected. Unsubstantiated links help no one...

and civil wars dont always happen in muslim countries. That is just the contemporary reality. In the 19th century the climate was very different (the US had a civil war). Terrorism crosses all religious, temporal, political, and ethnic boundaries.

To think something is fishy is to not know the real reason behind what's happening. Why aren't we willing to say "we don't know the reason why this happened" when situations call for us to do so? Better to admit absence of proof than make it up...

not so much "economic hitmen", but strategic (and yeah, greedy, self-interested) economic policies do exist, I agree. And yeah, developed nations as a whole do employ all policies necessary to ensure their pre-dominance. But what of it? Any state in existence would do that. And yeah they should be countered.

But I disagree that all terrorism is to end "power and money". Some might be, like the extremists who rioted in Seattle during the G8 there (i'm pretty sure it was G8), and then in germany recently. They're loosely conducting extreme actions for economic ends. But to say every terrorist is in a class struggle is an erroneous stretch. Islamic terrorists are motivated by their violent interpretation of Islam, not to end some power class or superior economic class; the same goes with terrorists of any religion. And then there are political terrorists, like the ones who probably blew up Bhutto (or maybe they were Islamic terrorists, we don't know), who ARE looking to topple possible threats to their power. There's no common denomination except for the fact that they all use violent means to their own separate ends.

By conspiracy theory I meant that you, or the previous commentor, were linking a lot of things into "something fishy", while not understanding the dynamics. I merely ask that you substantiate those links, as i could clearly list the reasons why there are no links between certain phenomena...

Its sad tragic moment for Pakistanis.

"India was in a complete mess at that time," Benazir told a news magazine. "Does anyone remember that it was I who kept my promise to Prime Minister (Rajiv) Gandhi when we met and he appealed to me for help in tackling the Sikhs. Has India forgotten December, 1988? Have they forgotten the results of that meeting and how I helped curb the Sikh militancy?" she asked.