Benazir Bhutto Killed In Gun Attack And Bomb Explosion

proactive

pakistan was born thru violence and bloodshed of its non-muslim inhabitants. So this process of creation will always haunt it ,and the chickens do always come home to roost. Violence can never end in Pakistan, so we should not be surprised about this event. i would prefer to remember about the thousands of Sikhs that killed in Rawalpindi in March 1947 , an event that ended the role of non-muslims in all spheres of activity in Rawalpindi.

chatanga

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point although it's also true that countries like the USA were also born through violence but not the type of ethnic cleansing that Pakistan was born through. I think the present violence is more to do with the exporting of terrorism and the inherent extremism that typifies their religion. If there are no non-Muslims to harrass and kill then they will turn on their fellow Muslims. Only a few years after 1947 the Pakistanis turned on the Qadianis, a few years later it was Shia Vs Sunni and then it was Native vs Mohajir. Now it is Jihadi Vs Moderate. I doubt Pakistan can survive many more of these minor civil wars. Maybe the nation that was created over the dead bodies of lakhs of Sikhs doesn't deserve to survive.

In the meantime the country slips further down the GDP table and eventually I predict Pakistan will enter a period of civil war.

That will be the time to go for Khalistan. Be ready for it.

The most vivid memories I have from my high school days is watching her on TV is fighting for the Kashmiris and condemning India. I remember a phrase she said once "For those who think India is the land of love, let them look at Srinagar". And today, when she is no more, surprisingly it is the Indian media and politicians expressing their deep shock at her demise. I was just watching the special coverage on her from the link posted by sunny_love_kirtan. Eminent Indian journalist Karan Thapar, who has known her since their college days, said she immitated (ready?) Indira Gandhi and really looked upto her. There were lines drawn between the similarities between the Bhuttos and Gandhis. Benazir's father Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was hanged (some call him shaheed), she has been assasinated. Both Indira and her son Rajiv were assasinated. Hmmm, that is one major similarity I see. As for Pakistan's future, I for some reason feel really bad for them.

true that...

well, you have nawaz shareef...doubt he can muster that much support. Bhutto had the connections...the one-off, ultra-important connections. I just can't see any good coming out of this for any country. Because remember, if Pakistan really goes down the drain, there's a few nukes they've got stored in a few supposedly secure facilities...

Nothings going to happen you will mini riots and that across Pakistan otehrwise the country is more stable than you think ,much more stable,there is a power hierarchy ,intelligence services,and so on up to Musharaff.All Im going to say is Bhutto you helped ruin the Khalistan movement - you ot what was comming to you