Women Dress To Impress

no_0ne

^^^ why would you on one day wear full bana and the others days (except work) wear english clothes. lol You're not wearing it for Guru Ji.

y not wear it to work? if u can wear it everywhere else?

b sensiblee dude,

dass's papeefil opinion is that, we shud try and be in bana as much as we can, but however onli if we want to, we should diff try to wear it in dha dhan sahib sree guroo granth sahib ji maharaj's hazoori!

beacuse dats the roop maharaj wanted us in, bt dat may not always b possbile..

koi na challo

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa

vaheguroo ji ke fateh

maaf karoo jiiioo if dass offended u or any11

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think being a Sikh, we should dress modest whether its Chola or Western clothes and that would impress the Guru certainly.

If impressing guru was that easy, then all the samagams boys, shastardari singhs, uncles with gentleman uniforms etc etc would be all bhramgyanis by now. blink.gif

:) hit the nail Namstang

lets look at other reasons for a sikh to wear a bana. im sure there are other great reasons to wear bana thn telling someone its to impress the guru.

Unfortunately nowadays a lot of people are obsessed with having designer clothing and having the best looking outfits. as a result people actually feel better than others purely based on their clothing and possessions.

i like what bana represents. i think bana is not only a khalsas uniform, it is also very simple and affordable clothing which helps us all to feel as equals.

Unfortunately nowadays a lot of people are obsessed with having designer clothing and having the best looking outfits. as a result people actually feel better than others purely based on their clothing and possessions.

i like what bana represents. i think bana is not only a khalsas uniform, it is also very simple and affordable clothing which helps us all to feel as equals.

I definitly agree with what you just said

:)

thank u malkeet sio for giving a proper reason=)

also as i was watchin the movie Saka Sirhand posted here

in that it is said that .. when guru sahib sent the letter (zafarnama) to aurngzabh the singhs were dressed as traders...not in bana

so lets not pressure people to wear bana or make people feel guilty if they dont wear one ...it should be out of love...if they want to wear it they should.

simple clothes is the best choice indeed

The only Sikhs that must absolutely be in bana at all times are Farla-dhari Sikhs. A person with "gurmukhi dumalla" or unfarla dumalla is allowed to change their roop, but a farla dhari Singh can never change their roop--must always be in bana and never w/out farla

The only Sikhs that must absolutely be in bana at all times are Farla-dhari Sikhs. A person with "gurmukhi dumalla" or unfarla dumalla is allowed to change their roop, but a farla dhari Singh can never change their roop--must always be in bana and never w/out farla

:@ "The ONLY sikhs" but sikhs are all one and the same??? we are all made from the dirt and will will all go the same way............plz dont take my comment offensive my beloved brother but there is no such thing as "THIS kinda SIKH or THAT kind of SIKH" a sikh is a sikh there is no comprimise........... :)

i think all sikhs should wear bani 24/7...........BUT im too much of a morakh to obey my own words :mellow:

the problem here lies is that where an idividual cannot commit, dhan, mann, dan to his guru.............instead of admit that that where WE fall weak we try to "adjust" sikhi to accomodate our own lifestyle and manmat

i know one chardi kalah sikh that wears bani nd has no other clothes in wardbrode :nihungsmile: ................so much kirpa man

erm if a sighni wanted to wear full bani, without leggings under long kashera? where does maryada stand on this?