New Years Waheguru Jaap

AmardeepSingh

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj de 300 sa1a gur ta gurgadi gurpurb nu samarpit Neva sal 2008 dey phela tera mint (Jan 1 2008 from 12am to 12:13am. The first thirteen minutes of the new year) Waheguru Waheguru gurmantar da jaap karo jee.

Humble request by Baba Balwinder Singh Ji Nanaksar Kurali Wale.

Please request your local Gurudwara Sahib committee/granthi in advance to do Waheguru Jaap for 13 minutes to start the new year.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KEE FATEH

Dhan_Dhan_Shri_Guru_Granth_Sahib_jee.doc

Please print attachment and post it at your local Gurudwara Sahib

Hukumnama is always done after Ardas. I don't think it's to much to ask to do ardas after 13 minutes of Waheguroo Jaap.

I think Ik-Oun-Kaar is correct, they usually do panj Jakara at new years and then carry on with Kirtan for a little longer.

Why 13 minutes?

Bhai Balwinder Singh Ji requested sangat everywhere to do Gurmantar Jaap for 13 minutes, I'm not sure if this is the reason why but this is why I think they said 13 minutes.

Tera means 'yours', i.e. I am yours O Lord'

Guru Nanak Dev Ji - Tera Di Dhuni

Guru Nanak Dev ji's brother-in-law Jai Ram was serving as Devan of Navab of Sultanpur. He promised to find a job for Guru Nanak in Sultanpur. Jai Ram got the post of store-keeper of Navab's granary for Guru Nanak Dev ji. In this granary, grain was collected as a part of land revenue and sold later. One day Guru ji was weighing provisions and counting weighing as 'one, two, three, four,...eleven, twelve, thirteen (tera) (in Punjabi language, tera means thirteen and also Tera means 'yours', i.e. I am yours O Lord'), he went on in ecstacy, tera, tera, tera, tera, tera, tera, ... He went on weighing and saying 'Tera' The customers did not know how to carry the bountiful gifts of this store-keeper.

Ultimately, this news reached Navab and he ordered an enquiry against Guru ji. The Guru's detractors were surprised when the stores were found full and the accounts showed a balance in favour of Guru ji. After that Guru ji sent his resignation to the Navab to embark on his Divine Mission.

Let us all also say in our minds 'Tera' in everything we do. O Lord, I am yours, what I do is what you make me do, all this is Yours...this family, job, money, friends, house, car, they all belong to you my dear God, I belong to you, O my Lord!!!

tera...tera...tera...

waheguroooo, waheguroooo, waheguroooo

It's similar to when they requested everyone all over the world to recite Mool Mantar on November 15th

Msg from Takht Sri Hazoor Sahib:

On 15th November for 15 Minutes LETS MEDITATE, PARTICIPATE, CELEBRATE

On 15th November 2007 at 4.30 pm IST (7.00pm Singapore/Malaysian Time) for 15 minutes OR more.

Over 15 million sikhs across the world will celebrate Simran Divas.

An aupicious occassion that will flag off the year long celebrations marking 300 years of "GURTA GADDI' at Nanded in October,2008.

Share your love and devotion by reciting the "Mool Mantar" wherever you may be.

LETS MEDITATE, PARTICIPATE, CELEBRATE TOGETHER 300 SAAL GURU DEY NAAL

\

simran-diwas.jpg