Dilemna

chatanga

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mind is telling me that i should go to the rainsbhai, becasue of 3 points :

1. it will get me out of doing seva.

2. i dont really care how the other sewadaars manage if im not there.

3. becuz of the wikid kirtaniz.lol.hahaha.omdzz.gurooooo.

simple.... go rehsnbai

if ur nt tired go gurdwara aswell.....

or u can also go do seva the nxt sunday

I'm not sure what the seva you are doing is but maybe you can prepare everything that you can before you leave for the rensbhai and let someone know that you will be missing.

Seva is extremely important, but you also need to take care of your own spirituality. At times doing seva, and giving of oneself so much can deplete a person. If you are empty, how can you give to others? What is the quality fo your giving? I'm not saying that seva isn't important, on the contrary, but you also need to refill once and a while. Maybe going every week to different rensbhai would be too much for your seva but perhaps you could attend once a month or so. Again, only you can decide what is best in your own situation.

i DARE not tell the others i wont be there, they will be soooo angry !!!! best thing to do is just to send them a text a few hours before saying im not gonna be there without giving any reason at any time.

also giving of oneself can NEVER deplete a person, you are not familiar wiv sikh history if you think that giving can reduce your own spirituality. think of the Ardas and the bit where its says those that gave everything for the panth....

Yes you are right, giving does not reduce your spirituality, in fact when you give you actually gain much more. What i meant is that you need to do seva but you also need jeevan of sangat. For instance i do seva with children which is very rewarding but i still have the need to get with sadh sangat, for me it's a source of motivation in my spiritual life.

I experienced once doing seva for weeks at a times (6 days a week for 3 weeks) and my mistake for going too fast in my nitnem, just to get it over with so i can do the work. Usually whenever i gave, i actually gained more but that time was different, I think because of the reduce quality of my own time with Akal Purukh. Unfortunately i'm a poor moorak, not at all like the beloved sikhs of Ardas, so i have still much to learn.

I'm not implying you are doing what I was doing, just explaining my previous comment. It's sad that people would get angry. Listen to your heart/mind. You know best.

if u want to go to the raen... sleep at the gurughar at maybe 1 or 1:30 for a few hours... leave there at 5 am so u are able to get there at 9:30 am.. then after u get home at 1:30 pm u can sleep for a couple of hours, or jus stay awake and go to sleep really early that nite.. u'll have a really solid sleep if ur body is tired...

if u have been given a seva.. then that is priority..