Dilemna

chatanga

i want to go to a rainsbhai next week , but the problem is that i will not be able to get up on sunday morning to go to the gurdwara to do the sewa that i do.

should i miss the rainsbhai , bearing in mind that there will be a rainsbhai at my local gurdwara in the next 4 weeks?

Or should i forget about the sewa and leave it to the others " without really caring about how my lack of support affects them" ? Should I take the " they'll cope one way or another " attitude?

Whenever any of the other sewadaars have been absent, it places a strain on us and we wish to waheguru that they would turn up. This sewa that we do no-one else there will do , and its very very important.

So sangat Ji , what do you think I should do?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^Not practical..

I kinda understand where you're coming from Chatanga, I sometimes can't goto a kirtan darbar or programme if it clashes with my Jap Ji Sahib Role at the Gurdwara Sahib...In my cases, I have always missed out on the programmes because I knew I would have to be 110% dedicated to my sewa when I first took it up!!!

Go to the programme for a few hours even if you can't stay as long as you wanted you'll be able to do some sangat, and then go back home and sleep, get up and go do seva. That is the best option if you don't mind sleeping a few hours less. You can always take a nap when you come back from gurdwara.

the prog is 4 hours drive away,so cannot make there and back. impractical.

Azaad, i was 110% committed to the sewa when it first started. Over time i felt that i can pass the buck to the other sewadaars , so i can enjoy what i want to do, without really concerning myself about what they feel.

the thing is that i want to do this every week now, go to rainsbhais and stuff.

how about u sleep in the day...... go to rehnsbai....... and still go to do seva?? .. if u thikn thats too much, then just go for a bit... ?

will u be doing seva all day?

u said u want to do this every week.. like got to rehnsba's.. then just go, dont worry, just keep the sharda in ur heart.. and u will make it to both :)