Biggest Threat To Sikhi....

orono

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read your post with great interest and believe the mindset has taken its toll upon Sikhi, but apathy upon our own parts stops us from further investigating and finding the truth, we are much more inclined to be spoon fed what is said, we don't care enough to find out for ourselves if even at all

This is pretty much the same thread from a month ago, but anyways to answer your question the biggest threat to Sikhism is:

THE SIKHS THEMSELVES!!!

Nobody ever has a problem with Khalsa traditions, many times it our "own" that discourage the sangat for wearing cholas, stare at Sardars like they saw an alien, don't keep Sikhi Saroop, the ones that keep abuse and make Sikhs look bad, follow in bipran ki reet such as castes, jathas, groups, sects, cults, babas, pankhandis, etc. Wonder why Sikhism is so messed up.

A threat to Sikhi presumes that Sikhi could diminish or be destroyed. It can't and so that question is moot. We do however, face obstacles in life. We do but Sikhi doesn't. Sikhi was enshrined for the betterment of mankind over the course of 239 years, culminating in the installation of the eternal Guru. A particular volume of Guru Granth sahib Ji may erode over time or may be met by some ill fate, but the Guru still exists. With the advancement of technology and the invention of the internet The Guru's eternal legacy is now clear. At some point somebody could have tried to destroy every volume of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, but now it will be nigh on impossible to attempt to physically destroy every e-dition of the Shabad Guru.

A more appropriate question might be, 'What is the biggest threat to Sikh institutions and practises?' This does not mean Gurdwaras although they are encompassed within the term institutions. The biggest threat today I would guess is impetuousness; a lack of long-sighted vision and dynamism; a rigid interpretation of The World and life. Think. Contemplate. Act.

:@ Good idea for discussion orono (perhaps the wrong place! :) )

explain "perceived attack".....

bollywoods attacking us....... - nope there just uneducated about sikhism and are trying to portray sikhs as they have understood them to be

patta patta singhaa da vairee - not today

planned attack on sikhism by such and such a scholar - nope such and such a scholar has never read the sggs so is just interpreting from what they seen and heard

xtian missionaries have hidden agenda - nope its their job to proselytize their very open about this its nothing personal

so and so forth.....

^^^exaclty!! people do things the way they see em. and if they dont understand something, they will disrespect it. and then people say "oh i didnt know that", well if you didnt know about what you were talking about, or making a movie about, or writing an huge essay about, why the hell you do it in the first place? "oh because i have a brain, and thats what i feel on the issue"

and then you get nowhere, because people do as they wish, according to how they feel, and if there feelings are wrong, there are times you have to let them know......

people know exactly what there doing.

we just gotta stop being scared to stand up in life.