Pain Pain And More Pain

naaree

tongue.gif :

Waaheigurroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa. Waaheigurroo Jee Kee Fatheh.

For the last little while I have been acting very strange.

Im in sooooo much pain. Not physically but inside of me something hurts really badly.

Im really scared. Do not know what is going on. I don't want to end up in a mental hospital cause I don't think I am MENTAL. something is not right. I am unable to concentrate + study properly. Something keeps distracting me. I am scared. I do not want to mess up my life. Most of the sunguth here is going to tell me to do paath and simran and ardaas!

I know that is the way to go. In fact, I have been doing that, & no result. It might take time. I do not have much time although. Since school is important too and time is going by. I have to get my acts straight. I have been in a relationship before but it is over now and it was really small, smaller than the number of letters in relationship! I think that might be it. How do I get over it though? sunguth jee kirrpaa kurr kei mainoo sumjhaaou!

Waaheigurroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa. Waaheigurroo Jee Kee Fatheh.

tongue.gif : :D:

hii....i'm new 2 dis site, so welcome me :D

naaree, i tink ur problem is that the onli reason ur doin paath is so that the pain will go away. u shouldve bin doin it neway.

its v.hard 2 get ova a realtionship, but the point is that u should hav refrained frm it from the start. thats wot is riten in gurbani.

but i think u gotta think carefully bout sikhi, and start wantin 2 understand and follow it, rather than jus having to or jus doin it 2 free urself frm pain.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Let me first tell everyone that I really do not know much about what I'm going to write about. tongue.gif

You are saying that you are not able to concentrate and your mind doesn't stay in one place. Right?

So do you do simran and path yourself or do you have your mind do it for? Many a times (if not most) when WE do path we do not think of the meanings and the updesh we are getting from Guru Sahib. Perhaps this is what you are doing wrong. Have your mind think of the meanings while you do path. Wake up at Amritveyla (you are probably already doing this too, if not then try it for once), take bath with cold water and then do some simran and then your daily nitnaem.

This should work, but I dont' really know because daas is just a learner like you.

You don't have to sit down to do path all the time. You can just recite mool mantar or Gur mantar while you are working, eating and doing anything else. If you are not able to keep it up, just pick it back up when you remember that you were doing mool mantar. Remember, have your mind do it w/ some help of your mouth.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Guest SikhForLife
I have to get my acts straight. I have been in a relationship before but it is over now and it was really small, smaller than the number of letters in relationship! I think that might be it. How do I get over it though?

vjkk vjkf narree...

it seems like thats the only reason u dont feel well

u feel empty inside or theres something missing or it hurts.. and that emptiness is swallowing you

well narree.. it think every teenager has been through that so ur not alone

we r all slaves to our emotions and feelings

and if you can conquer those.. well then Guru ji says ull be a saint.. unfortunately for us.. we havent beaten our hearts..

all throughout SGGS it says.. control ur feelings..

rise beyond these worldly matters and attach urself to One God... because all these things will bring pain... (as u can see ..)

the answer lies in how strong you are.. and if u can battle these things in ur mind.. you have to become headstrong.. its not easy.. and i certainly havent achieved that level... but thats the theory which ive heard from Gurmukhs...

what i suggest what you do is: stop listening to music... and stop watching TV for one week.. completely isolate urself from mass media.. and culture..

only listen to keertan.. put on keertan on ur stereo at night when u sleep.. (turn it off in the morning or put a timer on) when ur studying put on keertan @ low volume.. (basically lis

ten to keertan all the time) put on sikhnet randomizer radio itll play forever! and u dont have to change shabads every few min.

i bet ull feel a lot better in a week.........

i cant really suggest anything else cuz u said u already do paath.. and its not working.. u should try to understand what it says instead of just reading it..

let me know what u think abot this.. and also do consider other people's suggestions

good luck

^_^

thanks

I do understand what gurbanee means and when somebody else is in pain I can think of plenty of things to say that are in Guru granth sahib guru jee but when it comes to myself -find it hard to follow it. the mind, the heart is stronger. Like u know the good "chitra gupt" tells me k forget it. Just listen to gurbaaneeee

and the bad "chitra gupt" - the mind/ the heart says it is ok and takes me back to the past!

ya'll know what chitra gupts r rite?

vaheguroo jee

wow...this story sounds realy really familiar :T: ..o yea it is!!....this also happend to me!!

let me tell u wat i did...it worked for me in a matter of days (maybe a week) hopefully it'll work for you....

first i listend to keertan..keertan that really moved me (Bhai Manmohan Singh ji La 2002 Raensabhai)....it was awesome..because i understood wat it said..and also cuz i was there and the anand i felt at the time just came back..and eveythign else seemd to go away...guru pyaaroo, when the love of God comes over you...nothign else matters..no feelins for maya, lust, wanting another person emotionally..everyting jst goes away..it the love of God absorbs you..its veer, it feels great.....

second, i would suggest do simran with yourheart....son of guru gobind singh ji put it very welll...do it with your mind, the mouth just helps.....( vah vah)...lol...but yes, do tat...im sure it'll help you..Mera Badh Guru Gobinda...

veer ji this is just wat i did...and i got through it..but we all know nothing can happen without guru sahibs kirpa....pray to him and he'll help you through this...

just my two cents.... ^_^

||chith aavai ous paarubrehum lugai n thuthee vaao ||1||

||if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, even the hot wind shall not touch you.

24;|1||

vaheguroo vaheguroooo....