Is This Our Time?

Babbar Shere

You are kind of right. Back in the days Punjab had the very same problem it has today, people becoming patit, getting hooked to drugs etc. This was when Sant Ji came to the scene. The situation is very much the same today as well. Sikhs were attacked back then as well, and in the recent past we had 3-4 cases of Sikhs getting their hair forcibly cut. Back then it was Narkdhari Gurbachna, today its Sirse wala, Bhaniyaare wala, Ashutosh etc. Back then the President was a Sikh (Zail Singh), today its the Prime Minister (Manmohan Singh). History is surely repeating itself.

But don't get all excited and pumped up already. Back then the power was in the hands of one person, namely indra gandhi. Today I don't really see a single "dictator" in India. In fact today we have different kinds of opponents. In the 80s it was Akalis who look like Sikhs, Congress under indra, and they were the main ones. Today we have SGPC, Badal and his gang, Congress, and how can we forget Mr. Sir Punch's favorite, the RSS. We have a lot of internal feuds going on about which Rehit Maryada, which Bani is Bani and which isn't, which literature is authentic and which isn't etc. Back then the level of confusion, I think, wasn't this much. Back then Sant Ji was one man who had the guts to take the government head on. Who do you have today? Yes his picture may inspire several to follow in his footsteps, but in view of today's scenario, and this is only my opinion, we probably need someone who is Sant Ji multiplied by any 3 digit number of your choice. Anyone willing to do the honors now?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are kind of right. Back in the days Punjab had the very same problem it has today, people becoming patit, getting hooked to drugs etc. This was when Sant Ji came to the scene. The situation is very much the same today as well. Sikhs were attacked back then as well, and in the recent past we had 3-4 cases of Sikhs getting their hair forcibly cut. Back then it was Narkdhari Gurbachna, today its Sirse wala, Bhaniyaare wala, Ashutosh etc. Back then the President was a Sikh (Zail Singh), today its the Prime Minister (Manmohan Singh). History is surely repeating itself.

But don't get all excited and pumped up already. Back then the power was in the hands of one person, namely indra gandhi. Today I don't really see a single "dictator" in India. In fact today we have different kinds of opponents. In the 80s it was Akalis who look like Sikhs, Congress under indra, and they were the main ones. Today we have SGPC, Badal and his gang, Congress, and how can we forget Mr. Sir Punch's favorite, the RSS. We have a lot of internal feuds going on about which Rehit Maryada, which Bani is Bani and which isn't, which literature is authentic and which isn't etc. Back then the level of confusion, I think, wasn't this much. Back then Sant Ji was one man who had the guts to take the government head on. Who do you have today? Yes his picture may inspire several to follow in his footsteps, but in view of today's scenario, and this is only my opinion, we probably need someone who is Sant Ji multiplied by any 3 digit number of your choice. Anyone willing to do the honors now?

so u saying just one of sant ji wasnt enough?

lol, look at situation to day, and you will see how much sant ji we really need bro.

its just a picture, and the gov. is flipping out, going crazy, trying to take it down.

image when sant ji comes in body form.

omg, the indian gov. gonna have a heart attack.

to think that we need something big, yea thats right, to think that we gonna need a lot of something, yea thats also right, but to say we need big amounts of something, and then not say anything about bani.....now that just wrong!!

we need bani mulitpled by any 9999 digit number of your choice.

so, anyone willing to do the honors on that part?

respect ur views and my babbre sher veersa's vieew

so u saying just one of sant ji wasnt enough?

lol, look at situation to day, and you will see how much sant ji we really need bro.

its just a picture, and the gov. is flipping out, going crazy, trying to take it down.

image when sant ji comes in body form.

omg, the indian gov. gonna have a heart attack.

to think that we need something big, yea thats right, to think that we gonna need a lot of something, yea thats also right, but to say we need big amounts of something, and then not say anything about bani.....now that just wrong!!

we need bani mulitpled by any 9999 digit number of your choice.

so, anyone willing to do the honors on that part?

veera i think he mean something else..

My comment was not to demean Sant Ji or his personality in any way. Nor did I mean that we would need a Gurmukh "greater" than Sant Ji as I don't favor comparing Gurmukhs. What I meant was that whoever comes to the scene and answers the call today, he would have to work alot harder towards removing more evils than there were in the 80s. I already stated the evils we had then, and the ones we have today are a lot more and a lot worse. Even if you think Sant Ji is going to physically return (I am not going to state if I agree or disagree with this opinion to avoid anymore unwanted arguments), he will probably have to work alot more harder than he did in the 80s because today we got more enemies than back then, we got different kinds of enemies than back then, we got too many issues to handle than back then. Hope that makes everyone happy now?

My comment was not to demean Sant Ji or his personality in any way. Nor did I mean that we would need a Gurmukh "greater" than Sant Ji as I don't favor comparing Gurmukhs. What I meant was that whoever comes to the scene and answers the call today, he would have to work alot harder towards removing more evils than there were in the 80s. I already stated the evils we had then, and the ones we have today are a lot more and a lot worse. Even if you think Sant Ji is going to physically return (I am not going to state if I agree or disagree with this opinion to avoid anymore unwanted arguments), he will probably have to work alot more harder than he did in the 80s because today we got more enemies than back then, we got different kinds of enemies than back then, we got too many issues to handle than back then. Hope that makes everyone happy now?

iam an idot, and got habit of posting dumb replies, I misunderstood you the first time paji.

mafi chouna ji!

and your right.

we gonna need lots more work then we did in the 80's. alot has changed since then..