Stop Anti-muslim Threads

mophlrkb

<_<

Next time there is a topic how about you discuss the questions and answer them rather than moan.

I mean this - I wanna see a post where you don't moan. Even in the xmas thread u were moaning...jeez i am making a very simple point....answer questions and don't moan about how u don't like the question. Do you understand this?

Rimmel Bhenjie Heera Singh has 3189 posts many of which are very inspiring (not including his YOM interview), if you really want to see a post where he doesn't moan then feel free to go through them. Your comment is akin to me saying, I want to see a post where Rimmel does not argue. I'm sure you would agree that would be slightly unreasonable.

: )

My answer to your question - 'why not just answer the question asked in the thread rather then moan' and other points:

- Firstly, many of threads are not 'questions', rather, comments. For example, someone commenting about something the SGPC did or something.

- secondly, i think all questions that are asked are answered; there's different answers, but they're all answered. please show me one thread where a question has not been answered -- although some people in the thread ridicule some posts, many people still do answer the question.

- some questions have nothing to do with sikhi and lead to bashing other faiths and what they believe. SIKHI does not bash other faiths.

- In the xmas thread, I did not 'moan'. I not only answered in the poll, but in my posts I answered the question as well; and not only answered the question, i stated why i believe what i believe.

- Okay, I'm not a mind-reader. But anybody can see 'intent' behind someone or their posts. It doesn't take psychic ability to realize when people continually post about the same sort of things, especially when it comes to defaming and downing other faiths, that they have certain 'intent'.

Please read:

I's nah only my right, but also my duty to help keep the quality of this forum as high as possible, and to keep the any rubbish that puts down other faiths or beliefs off this forum, as it does NOT depict wha sikhi stands for.

- I never said I'm going to keep a 'check' on things. I said I am trying to help keep the quality of this forum high, and to make sure there is no bashing of other faiths. --- NO BASHING OF OTHER FAITHS --- What about that is so hard to understand? Apparently, you SEEM to feel its okay in sikhi to Bash other faiths?

- you can't compare any of us to our great Gurus... thats just wrong.. Our Guru's didn't sit their with their followers and say 'yo man.. those muslims are whack'. What they did was, actually went to those people who were performing those rituals or other stuff that we don't believe in, and tell them in a loving way that -- listen, thats nah helpin ur spirituality, it won't bring you closer to God etc.. etc...

now if you wanna actually approach people that are doing this and explain to them why its not right, then so be it.

my point, also very simple -- some things don't need to be discussed. some things don't affect us one way or another. sitting here on a forum and discussing certain things will not make the world a better place, nor will it help our sikhi. Its very easy to sit here and point fingers at people and say 'they're wrong' or 'what they believe is wrong', but its very hard to look inside ourselves, and our own community and fix whats there. Its even harder to use the time we have to do something productive with our lives i.e. bani, simran, seva, sangat etc...

1. I NEVER have or ever will stop anybody to ask a question or tell what questions they can ask. READ READ READ my reply. I simply said some do not need to be discussed - just as SOME people have said 'makeup is not "needed"' or 'perfume is not "needed"' etc...

2. I HAVE NOT forced anybody or told anybody to do any simran,bani etc... I have simply stated that would be most productive. Where have I not answered a question that was asked of me?

3. please provide me with examples. I have only ever ONCE said this, and i think it was to 'sitar girl' AND i DID apologize for that-- i'm guessing thats u? so please provide me with other examples.

4. READ MY POSTS before you quote them. Do NOT put words into my mouth, and do not misquote me.

Thats it, I'm done with this.

Bless.

We should all, including yourself from the perfume thread answer questions than waste time writing about how you think its an unworthy question. What time of reponse is that to anyone's question which is why I had that debate with you.

It wasn't a waste of time to me : ) but I'm sorry you think I wasted yours by saying that our King has all the answers. I'm also sorry that your memory has had to suffer by remembering a such a response. Please forgive me. (I am not being sarcastic.) I merely thought that after so many pages and personal opinions it would be wise to consult something higher than our own minds, something which, IMHO we should base our every action on. It's sad that it has to get to a stage where the moderator has to step in and close the thread. Perhaps we should ask JustMe Bhenji if she has found her answer.

In some cases, maybe people do really think that doing Naam Simran is a proper response/solution. I think Gurbani makes it clear that simran is for everyone regardless of which stage they are at and that it can do nothing but good. I suppose it depends on our perceptions.

There will probably always be people who don't reply the way we want them to, but if we bring up the issue with them more than a few times and they still don't listen then they probably are not going to change. Perhaps in that case we need to take a deep breath and respect that their perception on addressing certain issues is different than ours, and that at the end of the day we are all brothers and sisters. Even brothers and sisters have differences.

We should all, including yourself from the perfume thread answer questions than waste time writing about how you think its an unworthy question. What time of reponse is that to anyone's question which is why I had that debate with you.

It wasn't a waste of time to me : ) but I'm sorry you think I wasted yours by saying that our King has all the answers. I'm also sorry that your memory has had to suffer by remembering a such a response. Please forgive me. (I am not even being sarcastic.) I merely thought that after so many pages and personal opinions it would be wise to consult something higher than our own minds, something which, IMHO we should base our every action on. It's sad that it has to get to a stage where the moderator has to step in and close the thread. Perhaps we should ask JustMe Bhenji if she has found her answer.

Re-read what you have written....its all emotional writing. This was ure reply AND it shows my point that what you wrote did not answer the question.

How about we question our own motives for these things rather than generalising/speculating on the motives of others. In the words of isl, it would be good if we kindly engaged the brains that Vaheguru Ji has gave us and do some self-reflection instead of always asking other people what to do. 8 pages and this has not yet reached a finite conclusion - because everyone has different opinons. Guru Saheb has all the answers.
In some cases, maybe people do really think that doing Naam Simran is a proper response/solution. I think Gurbani makes it clear that simran is for everyone regardless of which stage they are at and that it can do nothing but good. I suppose it depends on our perceptions.

erm guess u still do not understant what I am saying - answer the questions ppl ask. No need to tell them to go off and do simran. Its not a proper answer.

a proper answer by who's standards? like Lowest of the Low Singhni said...it depends on our perceptions.