Stop Anti-muslim Threads

mophlrkb

Thank goodness the MODS have seen sense and closed the most recent post by sikh-youth-uk about the incest issue and Muslim....seems like EVERYONE is jumping on the band wagon and criticising any aspect of Islam for the purpose or stirring debate...which is probably not very constructive at all.

I for one am glad that particular discussion thread was stopped and I hope people see the sense in NOT trying to criticise anyone else's religion and actually start to criticise themselves for a change!!!

:WW: :WW: :WW:

Lets put it in perspective. In our discussions there may well be ones covering negative aspects of Islam.

On the other hand NO ONE can say that we as Sikhs do not discuss and critically evaluate our own community either. There are and have been (and I believe will be) plenty of threads discussing aspects of the Sikh community we would like changed.

Thank goodness the MODS have seen sense and closed the most recent post by sikh-youth-uk about the incest issue and Muslim....seems like EVERYONE is jumping on the band wagon and criticising any aspect of Islam for the purpose or stirring debate...which is probably not very constructive at all.

I for one am glad that particular discussion thread was stopped and I hope people see the sense in NOT trying to criticise anyone else's religion and actually start to criticise themselves for a change!!!

:WW: :WW: :WW:

My thread quoted stats from an authentic source the BBC, it is something which does go on. Fair enough it got closed but how is it anti anyone ??

How about we discuss things that actually affect us; perhaps discuss Bani? sikh history? some things don't need to be discussed by us, because it doesn't affect us. This 'incest' discussion has more bearing on an Islam Forum, not here.

There's a difference between just discussing for the sake of discussing, and discussing to actually benefit ourselves. The latter is very rarely done here.