Guru Arjan Dev Jee

Gur Pyareo this is a poem I wrote a few weeks ago for Guru Jee's shaheedi diwas...

Peace & Respect,

Summeet Kaur

Guru Jee, I wish I had the ability to express my awe, respect, and love for you!

How I wish I had this ability, I could truly serve you then...

Yet, you still listen, you still forgive me and all the sinners of this world.

You give your hand when I'm barely floating on water's edge, my awakened soul is forever full of sentiments of endless, growing gratitude...

Who am I to speak of your greatness, your stories of sacrifice, the achievements, the gifts you gave us all?

Oh Guru Jee, the longing you show, the purity in your words, the devotion which never ends...

I feel so honoured, lucky, and well-destined that I may even read your words, you even bless me with feeling the sublime sweetness on my tongue, and in my Inner Harmandir which you have built.

Your radiance was the light this dark world needed, your love is what continually pierces my heart, my muscles tingle with strength when thinking of your sacrifice...//

Oh Guru Jee, How I wish I had the ability to truly serve you...

The Sakhis which show your love, nimrita, devotion, and sacrifice are more bountiful than the world's oceans, your achievements, and sweet bani are gifts for this universe, and this maya-infected world.

Gifts for us to cherish, love, nourish and promote. "I Live by your bountiful gifts-please shower me with your mercy!"

We certainly don't require a special day for you Guru Jee, but rather it keeps us affirmed that you are forev

er enshrined in our hearts and soul...

Oh Guru Jee, How I wish I had the ability to truly serve you...

"Bundhana, har bundhana gun gaavoh gopal rai"~I bow in reverence, I bow in reverence, I sing the glorious praises of my Lord, King~

...Awe...respect...love...devotion..finally flowing so generously...//

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Jee!!

"Jupeyo Jin Arjan Dev Guru; phir sunkat jon garab n aayo"