Sikh Bibian And Jewelery

RKang17

The question was about jewellery....but sikhi talks about naam...

hence the relevance of naam being brought up in the discussion...

also...naam was brought up in the discussion as the Techno singh who misused gurbani pangtis to try to show that sikhi is against jewellery, were actually talking about how everything we do, everything we wear to make ourselves beautiful is useless IF we do not have naam glowing in us....hence naam being brought up....

vichar was being brought up in the discussion because the answers being given to the original question were seriously LACKING vichar... just like your last post lacked any serious vichar on what i and others have said....hence vichar was brought up....i direct you to your own posts as well as post by akj_4eva_akj...where he gives a one liner on behalf of sikhi...hence vichar was being brought up....

nowhere in any of my posts have i gotten emotional or personal....nowhere have i insulted you or anyone... i called a comment you made stupid..for that is what it is...i called an argument that was made a load of fecal matter...if you attach your whole being to your arguments then i can see why you might take it personally...otherwise...you are upset that i provided a critical opinion on what you had written...

you are the one who brought up Kesh...and then gave an INVALID, non gurmat based reason for keeping kesh....and then based your whole argument as an extension of that invalid reasoning...

with your line of logic...someone could say that it is WRONG for someone to get a malignant cancer removed from their body...cuz it's the cells are growing, and many times there will be a recurrence of cancer...so if it's just going to come back..why get rid of it? notice how stupid the argument is? it's simply an extension of your argument...

i hope you don't tell people in school that you don't cut your hair cuz there's no need to cut it...because that reasoning could be ripped to shreds by most people who listened to it...the reason for keeping kesh is a highly spiritual reason...the physical manifestation of a soul bride connected to her Lord-Groom...again.. if you come to understand the reason behind kesh...you might understand your argument against jewellery is at flawed

rimmel... u say cars are important... that can be argued but okay fine... we'll leave it at that...

what of the rest of my 'list'?? surely there's no NEED for all of those things?

I went thru all ure list and answered them. Mobiles for communication, clothes for cold/heat....All the items you mentionned had a worthwhile use of some sort.

buh not all are NEEDED.. i'm talkin bout NECESSITIES...

and u still haven't responded to my point about 'fancy' and 'expnsive'/'name brand' things...

again.. u have no provided ANY gurbani or anything of the sort as to why jewellery is AGAINST sikhi..

i'm sure u kno our Guru Sahibs wore jewellery and pearls n what not.. if it was so 'against' sikhi, wud they have wore it?

gurmukh rom rom har dhiavaay...

the gumukh meditates on the lord with each and every hair...

that one line would shows that hair vibrates with guru's naam...hence one reason not to remove our hair..

also...our hair was given as a kakkar by guru sahib when he blessed sikhs with khanday battay da amrit...

our hair is meant to connect us to our guru...when we comb it, when we tie it up in our turbans and whatnot...it should remind us of who we are..to whom we belong...and who's simran we are to do...

keeping our hair gives us a distinct physical identity that forces us to be true with ourselves...i cannot be doing karams that are not parvaaan by my guru and then go look at myself in the mirror and see His kesh...for we will see the Hair that belong to Him on our head...reminding us of our responsibilities, reminding us of our divine heritage..

prof puran singh ji and others write that once a sikh takes amrit...his hair is no longer his...but His...and we cherish the kesh because it is His...

it's the bride wearing her husband's wedding ring...there is no inherent reason as to why she should keep the ring...except for the memory she has of his...if she looks at her ring and is reminded of her husband...that is to make someone present in spirit....otherwise known as practicing the presence...for that is what all us sikhs need to do....guru meray sang sadha hai nalaay, simar simar tis sadha samallaay....the Kesh that he blesses us with are meant to be a tool to help us do his Simran...by doing which helps us feel his presence with us at all times...

this is but a small summary of the spiritual uniqueness of the gift of hair that guru sahib has bestowed his disciples with...i am sure we could discuss it further..and am sure more people could provide deep insight in to the relationship of hair and the spiritual path...

Guest peacemaker
wow... rimmel... please stop now... ur embarassing urself...

Just as an outsider looking in on this discussion, these two, jss and especially rimmel, have taken this topic topic to another level and I'm enjoying reading it. I would hardly call it as rimmel "embarrassing" herself. :lol: