Sikh Bibian And Jewelery

RKang17

Good video by Harbhajan Singh regarding this topic.

Extract;

"Having nothing is not richness, having evrything and then not being falsely proud, that is humble, We are the sons and daughters of Guru Gobind singh i do not accept this nonsence that we are not going to be decorated with beautiful things, we shall be and there no question about it"

Another reason not to wear jewellery or make up rolleyes.gif

surmwidk iSMgwr nihN nihN pr qrunI sMig

suramaadhik shi(n)gaar nehi(n) nehi(n) par tharunee sa(n)gi

Do not wear make-up or jewellery. Do not commit adultery.

Rehatnama Bhai Daya Singh Jee

Erm it's by Bhai Deya Singh ji, from the original panj pyaare so I guess it's one hukamnama to trust blush.gif

Another reason not to wear jewellery or make up rolleyes.gif

surmwidk iSMgwr nihN nihN pr qrunI sMig

suramaadhik shi(n)gaar nehi(n) nehi(n) par tharunee sa(n)gi

Do not wear make-up or jewellery. Do not commit adultery.

Rehatnama Bhai Daya Singh Jee

Erm it's by Bhai Deya Singh ji, from the original panj pyaare so I guess it's one hukamnama to trust blush.gif

Bhai Dya Singh Ji rehit nama (same rehit nama) also talks about:

Khalsa can live life in any of three gunas in form of appearance/diet - Satoguni(Sant/behingum), Rajoguni(eg- gristhi), Tamoguni(soldiers).

If people wish to quote from certain rehitnamas, atleast read the full rehitnamas first before quoting it.

In this case, rajogun applies which is quite acceptable... all the great mahapursh- from baba sahib singh bedi to sant baba isher singh ji rara sahib including maharajas in the sikh panth- baba khem singh ji to maharaja ranjit singh ji to baba bhupinder singh ji all dressed up like kings following the foot steps of badsah shenshah Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Also on the other note:

Few things we dont know about the quote of rehitnamas sikh soldier posted:

a) context of this quote.

b) was this directed to satoguni or tamoguni? if yes then it makes perfect sense and its not contradictory with the quote i posted above from bhai dya singh ji rehitnamas that khalsa can live socio-ecnomic life in any of three gunas- rajogun, tamogun and satogun.

Also its quite sad our people in the panth dont acknowledge that khalsa can live their life in different gunas and fight over silly things until cows gets home. Eg- Biggest time wasting discussion or debate is over meat, and these silly things.. which one is according to gurmat which one is not.. obviously for lot of people sikhi is black and white/logical/rational crap..lot of people could never get a concept of that there is such thing as two rights or two wrongs over my beleif i is right and your is wrong.