The Iphone

Akaali

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased the iphone when it first came out. Contrary to what a few people are saying, mine works just fine without any problems. It is a really handy tool to have in everyday life man.

I think that after Jan they are gonna open it up so others can write programs for it.

Its really a awesome phone, especially with the unlimited data you get with the plan. You should go to a apple store and try it out for yourself, you will be impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunatly after closer inspection it seems the Iphone isnt what people are making it out to be. Not only is it the first model (prone to having problems) but it also lacks basic features that we, as phone users, expect.

For instance, bluetooth - or rather the lack of, yes that's right, the phone has bluetooth but is only able to pair to headsets. So if you wanted Santji's picture as your background - forget it! That also means no keertan, no pictures, no videos, no games. No transferable data whatsoever!

And if you think you can live without bluetooth, then how's about the poor text messaging function?? Obviously, because there's no keypad - text messaging becomes a ridiculous finger-ache. The stylus is fine but - seriously, can you imagine yourself fiddling about trying to get the stylus out when you're trying to text "ring me now" to your dad? I dont think so - I currently have a touch screen phone and I rarely pull the stylus out, on the rare occassion that I do - It's only to impress on lookers tongue.gif

And if you think you can manage without bluetooth and text messaging because you're only after the music player - then I'm sorry to burst your bubble but thats pretty whack too!

I know, we're all expecting Apple to install the latest version of Itunes on there so you can transfer as many songs as you like. But unfortunatly, the music player is really poor in comparison to the Itouch or any other Ipod. What makes it worse - the fact you cant set your own tracks as your ringtone. You have to buy a ringtone for 99p a pop...

And if you think you can manage without bluetooth, text messaging AND a decent music player - then why on Earth do you want a phone!!!!!! <_<

I know I couldnt manage without those simple amenities.... So sorry people but the Iphone gets a big NO NO from mee!!

Bakee... up to you... let me know if you get one and how it works for you! :)