Sign in to follow this  
lowest of the low singhni

Bhai Cheeya Jee & Bhai Lehna Jee

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Before meeting Guru Nanak Dev jee, Baba Lehna jee (Guru Angad Dev jee) was a merchant. He had a shop where he used to sell atta, daal etc.

Bhai Cheeya jee was a Sikh of Guru Nanak Dev jee and used to work as a daily laborer. At the end of the day he used to go to Baba Lehna jee’s shop to buy atta and daal. For past few days Bhai Cheeya jee didn’t get any work so he couldn’t go over to Baba Lehna jee’s shop. Finally one day when he got the job, he went over to Baba Lehna jee’s shop to buy atta and daal. Baba jee asked Bhai sahib that why didn’t he come over for past few days and if he found another shop. Bhai sahib jee replied back saying he lost his job and he didn’t have enough money to buy the atta and daal. Hearing this Baba jee tried to put some extra atta and daal for Bhai sahib jee. When Bhai Cheeya took the bags, he felt that they were heavier than usual, he asked Baba jee what did he do, why did he gave him extra. Baba jee said it was ok. Bhai sahib jee said that he was Guru Nanak Dev jee’s Sikh and he cannot accept anything that he didn’t pay for or that doesn’t belong to him. He asked Baba jee to take out the extra and only give him what he paid for. Baba jee took out the extra daal and atta. Baba jee got curious and started following Bhai jee to find out would he and his family survive on the little portion of atta and daal.

When Bhai jee reached home, he gave the atta and daal to his wife and asked her to cook the parshaade. Bibi jee cooked 3 parshaades out of the atta Bhai jee gave it to her. As soon as she put the parshaade on to the plate, a saadhu came over and said he was hungry and wanted to eat. Bhai jee welcomed him and told him that the parshaade are ready. Saadhu ate the first parchaada. Once he was finished, Bhai jee asked him if he wanted another one. Saadhu said yes and Bhai jee gave him another parchaada. After finishing the second one, Bhai jee asked if he needed another one. Saadhu said no and after giving aasees to Bhai jee, Saadhu left. Once the Saadhu was gone, Bhai jee asked Bibi jee to eat the parchaada since she had to feed the child. Bibi jee asked Bhai jee to eat the parchaada since he has to go to work the next day and he should have enough energy to work. After arguing with each other for few minutes, they ate half – half and praised Waheguru and Guru Nanak Dev jee. Baba Lehna jee who was watching everything from the window came in crying and asked Bhai jee to take him to Guru Nanak Dev jee who taught Bhai jee and his family santokh (contentment).

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

B4ND4    10

Big lesson only if we can implement this in our lives but apna mann ta bhajiya firda to get moreeeeeeeee.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• For starters, it seems that any Sikh orgs that do speak out against what's happening in general that may have "some" shared views with those that seem to be not of the liberal/left persuasion is seen as an abomination by left wing Sikhs.  It leads to me to believe that you are clearly on the left of the political spectrum. There is nothing wrong in being on the left of the spectrum. However, the left of the spectrum these days which claim to be tolerant and inclusive except they are very selective as to whom they are tolerant towards. Now with the increase in muslim population has meant an increase in certain crimes such as organised street grooming and terrorism.  Now with these happening more often, people are beginning to find patterns for this. A lot of this rooted in Islamic ideology. The fact the likes of SYUK will speak out against this you don't like. The people who support the left of the political spectrum like the Islamists for some reason and tend to walk on egg shells around them.  However, people on the left of the political spectrum (like yourself I believe) won't think twice about attacking people who want to stand up to the intolerance.  The contradiction I find generally with the left is that they want full rights for gays yet at the same time want full Sharia law for muslims. The irony is that the muslims will attack the gays if given half the chance. Muslims will not show tolerance and the people on the left will not speak out.  If someone not of the left points this out, it is pointed out as hate speech and you are shouted down called islamophobic or racist.  The left want diversity, just not diversity of opinion. In the Communist countries, freedom of speech is not allowed. The left claims to be liberal but act in the same manner of Communist countries. Communism has it's origins in Marxism and I suspect the left are Marxists in disguise. They might not be in power politically but there is cultural subversion going on. It seems that you are clearly influenced by this type of thought. That is why I suggested that you may be a Cultural Marxist.  I provided a link from the Telegraph to show what is happening in universities that has been overwhelmed by leftist though is now doing no platform which means freedom of speech is being curtailed.  This is cultural marxism taking over. However, if it is Islamic hate speech it is accepted. Your stance against SYUK seems to suggest that you are accepting of Islamist hate speech but not of people who would fight against it like Tommy Robinson.  I think the problem Sikhs on left of the political spectrum is that they think Sikhi somehow is the same as this leftist thought. It is not. They are influenced by the left (which is influenced by Marxism ) more so than Sikhi. That is why I called you a Cultural Marxist.  If you feel that is not articulated enough for you I can go on and on and on. The problem with your thought process is that it may eventually lead into a totaliterian system.  Totalitarianism is the antisesis of Sikhi.  
    • Our life is so short. We have so many constraints and chains. Remembering Bhai Sahib's beautiful life accomplishments as a Gursikh.
    • This is what I was referring to... 
    • Avoiding what my brother?  It appears to me that you use such labels as 'cultural marxist' without having a clear definition of what it is.. Please in your own words explain.. What examples have you provided of evidence of my indoctrination?  Using content produced by others just suggests to me that you don't really know what you are talking about... I'm sure you do... But without explicitly articulating your assertion, quite frankly it seems like you are more comfortable in being a sycophant than having your own opinions..  With all due respect  S
    • It's a reply to the other poster. He was mentioning that there are not enough sangat that attends the gurdwara but when we drilled down into the specifics. There are more people in the langar hall than the darbar.