Gursikhi Jeevan of Baba Thakur Singh ji & other Taksal Gursikhs

Buv_Singh

Incidents from Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale's Life II

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The Giving of "Medicine"

jarnail_singhji_bhindr.jpg

It was noontime. I was sitting alone with Sant jee. A very simple looking, middle aged Sikh couple from the villages came in. Their poverty was quite apparent. They gave their Fateh and put a cardboard box in front of Sant jee. The Sant asked "what is this?" They replied "it's medicine". Sant jee then asked "Is it for me or someone else?" The poor Sikh replied "I don't know about that. If you want to keep it, you can. If you want me to give it to someone else, I'll take it there."

File0027.jpg

The Sant opened the lid of the box and emptied it into his lap. His lap filled with revolver and sten-gun bullets. Sant jee very lovingly thanked the villager couple and asked his sevaadaars to arrange for refreshments for them. Throughout this entire episode, Sant jee kept looking towards me and smiling. (note: in Punjabi "golee" means both bullet and medicine tablet)

Jarnail%2052.jpg

ikonkaar.blogspot.com

Incidents from Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale's Life III

Not an Ordinary 'Sant'

Sant%20Bhind.jpg

It was noon time. In Sant jee's room in Guru Nanak Nivaas, we (I, Bhai Amreek Singh and Bhai Racchpal Singh) were sitting on an extra manja beside Sant jee's bed. The Sangat was coming in to say Fateh one by one. In those that were coming, most were women and a bit of a crowd had formed. Without warning, Sant jee jumped onto his bed and stood up and was about to hit a very large woman with his teer (arrow). I, in a bit of panic, grabbed his hand and asked "What has happened?" I was of course a bit shocked.

He spoke in anger and said "You know what she was saying? She was asking for a son!"

File00011.jpg

There was no need to say much more. We told the Singh at the door to stop the flow of sangat for a while.

But this is clear, we usually hear about traditional 'Sants' giving children and women come to them to ask for boys. This is a pity for the entire society and this was and continues to be a very big problem in the Sikh world. Sant Bhindranvale was not only away from such practices, he was strongly against them.

santji.jpg

iknokaar.blogspot.com