Gursikhi Jeevan of Baba Thakur Singh ji & other Taksal Gursikhs

Buv_Singh

Invisible Baba Ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

SBTS1.jpg

Lately I've been thinking a lot about Sri Maan Sant Gyani Baba Thakur Singh Ji Khalsa. I miss Baba Ji a lot but pictures of them always make me smile, what a beautiful soul. Anyways in the next few posts hopefully I will be able to post some sakhis about Baba Ji which I have heard about from Singhs.

Invisible Baba Ji

One time Sri Maan Sant Gyani Baba Thakur Singh Ji was invited to visit a family’s house. This family was very religious. Anyways at the time there were about 20-30 Singhs with Baba Ji. Most of these Singhs were doing seva for the Sikh movement. Some were Khakharoo Singhs and others were doing seva for Khakharoo Singhs such as giving them food, transporting their weapons/ammunition, arranging places for them to stay etc.

Anyways some informant recognised a couple of these Singhs with Baba Ji as they were walking to the family’s house. The informant did not wait to see which house Baba Ji and the Singhs were going to, they instead ran to the telephone and rang the police to let them know they had seen some Singhs who the police wanted.

The Police completed surrounded the area and began to look for Baba Ji and the Singhs. At this time, langar was being served in the house. Baba Ji the embodiment of seva was at the forefront of serving langar to the rest of the Singhs.

As Baba Ji and the rest of the Singhs were doing this, some Singh who had seen the police came running to the house and told Baba Ji and the Singhs that the police were near. Some of the Singhs got up as they thought this meant they should leave. Baba Ji told the Singhs who had got up that they still hadn’t finished their langar. He then told those Singhs who were serving with him that they will continue doing their seva.

Anyways so many police had flooded the area and they were searching everywhere for the Singhs. Some police officers, about 5 or 6 even came into the house of this family and they looked around. When they did this, some Singhs took out their shashtars. The police walked into the room langar was being served and saw Baba Ji and the Singhs but instead of trying to arrest them, they just turned around and shouted to the other officers that no one is here. It was like Baba Ji and the Singhs had become invisible.

ikonkaar.blogspot.com

One of the actual highlights for me of the night came when Singh Sahib (Jaswant Singh) (Ex. Granthi of Damdama Sahib, and Malton Gurdwara) did Katha. Singh Sahib, themselves stayed and grew up doing sevaa for Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh and as such grew up with Baba Ji, so the stories they shared were first person experiences they had with Baba Ji, growing up.

When Baba Ji came to be with Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh, Mahpursh asked Baba Ji if they had come after leaving attachment of their home behind or if they would just be visiting with the Jatha for a while. Baba Ji replied to Mahpursh that they were planning on staying with the Jatha for the rest of their lives and if Mahpursh did kirpaa serve the Singhs and Sangat for as long as they could. Baba Ji then began their life in Taksal, under the guidance of Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh, and would do as much as possible to serve the Singhs. While doing sevaa of mahpursh along side other Singhs such as Shaheed Gurmukh Singh Aurdeesa, Baba Ji made it habit to wake up early at AmritVelaa (around 2 AM) , do their Nitnem of Panj Granthi, and would then go and start preparing Langar for the Singhs, and did so everyday without fail.

One time Singh Sahib and another Singh wondered how Baba Ji was able to wake up so early, without fail and figured to find out they would wake up earlier and see what Baba Ji’s secret was. (This is before the time of digital alarm clocks, and cell phones with alarm features) . So that night Singh Sahib and the other Singh (I think the Singh was Jasbir Singh Rode’s father, but can’t remember for sure), anyways the two of them went to sleep extra early that night, and woke up a bit after 12. Seeing the time they figured they had enough time and so they went to Darbaar Sahib (The Jathaa was in Amritsar at the time), to do ishnaan and keep Amrit Velaa, and when they where in the parkarmaa they saw Baba Ji, and again were baffled and wondered how Baba Ji woke up so early. Throughout their life, Baba Ji continued to serve the Sangat and the Singhs, without fail, and even in old age did as much sevaa as they could for the Singhs.

So great was the respect for Baba Ji in the jathaa, that when Sant Kartaar Singh became mukhi of Taksal they told the Singhs that they could choose listen to what they had to say, if they agreed or not with them it was all good, but no Singh was to go against anything Baba Takhur Singh Ji said or requested, and no bachan/hukam of there’s was to be returned or questioned by the Singhs.

This love and admiration for Baba Ji, was so felt by Sant Jarnail Singh, that Sant Jarnail Singh would tell the Singhs that if at any time, anything happened to them or if they ever went missing (The morchaa was starting up), that whatever Baba Ji said was to be adhered to and listned to, and no Singh was to go against or challenge Baba Ji.

One time a family from UK or Canada was visiting with Sant Jarnail Singh and they had come to see Sant Ji after hearing about how great and godly of a person Sant Jarnail Singh was. At the time Baba Ji and the Singhs had just returned from a trip and Sant Jarnail Singh noticed Baba Ji from the corner of his eye. Second Sant Ji noticed Baba Ji, they hurriedly excused themselves from the company of the family meeting with him and went to Baba Ji and made a quick effort to touch Baba Ji’s feet and said Fateh, asking Baba Ji how things went etc. The family who came were some what dumb founded, as to what was going on and to what they where seeing, as they figured that Sant Jarnail Singh was the big man on campus so who was this old man that Sant Ji was showing so much respect and love for. When Sant Jarnail Singh returned the family asked Sant Ji who the Singh was that they went to meet, and Sant Ji told them if they wanted Darshan of Vaheguroo in human form then they had to look no further then to look at Baba Ji.

Its because of this respect and love for Baba Ji shown by Sant Jarnail Singh that Singhs continue to follow Sant Jarnail Singhs bachan and follow Baba ji’s bachan in that Sant Jarnail Singh are in Chardi Kalaa.

I remember when I first met Baba Ji, it was when they where here in Toronto in 2000. At that time I had just taken amrit maybe a month or two earlier, and so I really had no clue who Baba Ji was. I knew about Operation blue star, and I knew about Sant Jarnail Singh to some degree, (but then again when you went to Malton Gurdwara, how could you not).

I had 3rd period lunch, and so I was chilling with Gurjeet and he told me he had to go home 4th period since Baba Ji was going to be coming over with Singhs for Langar, and insisted I go home with him, skipping 4th period, to meet Baba Ji. Not really wanting to go to class to begin with, I figured this was as good a reason as any to skip, so we kicked it to Gurjeets house.

Baba Ji and the Singhs rolled in about 10 minutes after we showed up. Back then Baba Ji rolled with a Jatha of about 20, 30 Singhs, so when the first batch of Singhs arrived, things started to get real busy. Some of the Singhs sat down for langar while others helped in serving them, and a steady flow of 6, 7, Singhs was streaming in and out, as they arrived, so we did Sevaa as it came. Mean while I was wondering when I’d see Baba Ji, really not knowing anything about them, but just curious to see who they where, considering it was Gurjeets main selling point in coming over in the first place.

After the last batch of Singhs were leaving, the Singhs who were doing Sevaa, sat down and we also then ate. I really didn’t know who Baba Ji was still since there were a few Singhs who could have just as easily fit the bill of being Baba-ish. It wasn’t until after when I saw pictures that I knew who Baba Ji was. Now some may just find it ignorant that I wasn’t able to spot Baba Ji out like that, but I would never have thought Baba Ji was the same Singh who I was serving langar along side with the entire time, even after when I sat down Baba Ji was part of the sevadaars who were serving me langar.

Up ’till then, the way I had pictured a Sant was someone who, well stood out. Apart from the cliche’s of a heavenly aura I was expecting someone who everyone was just catering to in every single possible way. Instead it turned out that Baba Ji was more for serving the Sangat then being served by the Sangat, a philosophy and trait that is rare amongst modern day “Sants”.

This became one of the key features of Baba ji’s character. At that time (2000) Baba Ji was in good health and so they where moving around pretty freely. The few times I met Baba Ji after that, there health had deteriorated considerably, but even in the years post, I have memories of Baba Ji serving the Sangat for as long as they could stand on there own, even if it was something just as simple as handing out parshaday.

Now I know I’ve written more then you want to read already, but as I’m going through this more stories keep popping to mind. Like the time a few of us went to meet Baba Ji in New York (the first trip, I think it was the summer of 2003). Skipping details about the trip we end up arriving at around 1 or 2 in the morning. We walk in and are greeted by the 2 Singhs who are awake, and we figure that Baba Ji was asleep and that we could just duck out and find places to sleep for the night. (It had been a long day and an even longer drive, and we where all jonzed to just sleep). Baba Ji was just waking up as we arrived and noticed us tip towing around, and told the Singhs who were awake and reading Bani to go and first get us something to eat, as we had come from far, and then find us a place to sleep. Even when we where leaving to come back home, Baba Ji made sure we where taken care of.

From shinda singhs blogspot

Another Sakhi,

When Baba Ji was due to go to New York, America, the bibi whose house they would be keeping rahesh at, wondered what Baba Ji looked like as she had never had their darshan. She would wonder to herself all the time. As she would sit and do sukhmani sahib, she remembers that a elderly singh used to come and sit in the same room and then leave just before she would finish Sukhmani Sahib, she did not know who he was, and never had the chance to ask as he would leave before she would finish. The day came when Baba Ji and the jatha arrived in New York, the bibi had been busy preparing and getting the house ready for Baba Jis arrival, as she went to the front door to welcome them, she stopped.... the Mahapursh who she had long been awaiting to get darshan of and wondered what they looked like was the same 'elderley singh' who had come to listen to her recite Sukhmani Sahib.. Astounded at first, the bibi realised that Baba Ji was more than what she could ever explain in words, and was the truest form of a Brahamgyanni... Baba Ji saw her astonishment and just

Sakhi from when Baba Ji was in the UK

It was approx 1am, a singh was on pehra while Baba Ji was resting. Suddenly Baba Ji sat up, and started laughing, the singh became confused as to what Baba Ji was doing. Baba Ji began speaking and starting pacing the room, still confused the singh wondered what Baba Ji was doing. After a few moments, Baba Ji sat back down, and told the Singh that Sant Gianni Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawale had just been there, and had sat at the foot of the bed on the floor, hence Baba Ji jumped up and asked Sant Ji to sit on the bed, but Sant Ji would not! The singh says they must have conversed between themselves before Sant Ji left. Vaheguru, what jeevans.....

Babaji and the 3ft Kirpan

Many Singhs often ask me about Babaji and whether when they travelled would they willingly remove their Kirpans like most people do. Babaji however wasn't like 'most people'. On one particular occassion, Babaji and the Jatha were ready to board a plane, the Singhs noticed that Babaji had their 3ft Kirpan with them, they said to Babaji to put it in the techi and for them to put their Sri Sahib in their pocket (as they usually did). Babaji began to laugh and asked why?! The Singhs thought it was self explanatory. Babaji walked through the metal detectors and boarded the plane with their 3ft Kirpan and Sri Saahib

sakhis from a very close sister of mine.

sakhi bout sant gurbachan singh jee

Once Babaji was travelling with his jatha doing parchaar. They were passing by a village where Baba Isher Singh Jee were staying. So Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee decided to meet Baba Isher Singh Jee.

When a sevadaar at Baba Isher Singh Jee's dera saw Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee coming his way. He quickly ran and told Baba Isher Singh Jee. Babaji without thinking anything started running towards Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee. When he got near, Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee did a dundaut bandna (matha tek by lying flat on the ground) and said, suneya see they ishwer rehnda, aaj darshan vi ho gaye (I had heard that Ishwer(god) lives here, today i have seen for myself

taken from a previous post by sum1

WHEN A DOG MADE BABA JEE HAPPY

Once baba jee and the jatha went to some village they were going to a Sikhs house, the residents had a pet dog, who for some reason was extremely excited to see baba jee, it was jumping around and doing parkarma of baba jee. After a while baba jee walked inside and started to say several times that “thakur singh nu kuteh neh kush kita’’ after saying that, baba jee asked for a pen and paper and then wrote the same thing on the paper and signed “thakur singh’’. He then told the singh who narrated this story to daas, to also sign as a witness to this event. The family till 2day have kept that paper safe, as for them its like treasure

(i may have made mistakes writting this, for that please forgive me)

Amritwela and Baba Ji

Sant_20_9_.jpg

Some of the students at Taksal sometimes got lazy and would miss Amritwela. Sant Gyani Baba Thakur Singh Ji Khalsa knew about this and he would lovingly tell the Singhs about the importance of Amritwela and he would beg them never to miss it.

If the Singhs Baba Ji had spoken to missed Amritwela again, Baba Ji would go to their rooms. Once Baba Ji was there he would start massaging their legs and feet.

When the Singhs who were asleep felt the touch of a Puran Brahmgyani’s hands they felt a bolt of lightning of naam energy pass through them and they immediately jumped out of bed. They saw Baba Ji standing with his hands clasped together begging them to get up and do their nitnem and naam abiyhaas.

Baba Ji would literally stand there and ask the Singhs, "what else could an ‘old man’ do to get you Singhs up for Amritwela?"

post-2170-1112997014.jpg

ikonkaar.blogspot.com

Baba Ji: The embodiment of Truth

One time, when the Dharam Yudh Morcha was just starting the Police were looking for Sant Gyani Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale.

The Police looked everywhere for Sant Ji but they couldn’t find him. Eventually some people told them that there is one person who knows where Sant Ji is. His name is Baba Thakur Singh.

pb.jpg

With this information the police headed to mehta. They found Baba Thakur Singh Ji doing seva. They then asked Baba Ji where Sant Ji was. Baba Ji immediately told them that Sant Ji is at a certain place.

The police went to this place and sure enough there was Sant Ji. The Police began to question Sant Ji.

In the meantime there were a few Singhs who were with Sant Ji and they had found out it was Baba Thakur Singh Ji who had told the police where Sant Ji was. They began to think amongst themselves why did Baba Ji tell the police where Sant Ji was? Sant Ji knew what was passing in the minds of these Singhs.

25jarnail.jpg

The Police did not arrest Sant Ji and they headed off somewhere else after speaking to him. Sant Ji then looked at the Singhs and in a loud voice addressed them as follows, “Baba Ji’s whole life is dedicated to the truth, he is the embodiment of truth, and anything he says and does is for the truth. He can never lie no matter what the consequences, such is his jeevan.”

108sants1.jpg

It is for this reason why it doesn’t matter, the moon can break and the sky can fall down, but the Bachan of Baba Ji is the truth no matter what. Time will show the world.

ikonkaar.blogspot.com