State Dept video"Terrorism: A War without Borders"

mschawla

We have started a petition drive to President Bush to withdraw/amend the State Dept. video "Terrorism: A War without Borders", in which Sikhs were called terrorists in the segment of 1984 Golden temple attack. You can go to the petition by clicking on the link in our web page "www.passionfortruthtv.com" Please sign that petition and ask your friends and other contacts to do so and circulate this petition to others through your resources.

Here is an other news item I read in Sikh Sentinel. It is reassuring that Democratic candidate for the Presidency of USA, has clarified his statement. But the amended statement is still not satisfactory. We must send e-mails to his campaign stating that the Sikhs inside the Golden Temple in 1984 were not terrorists and the reasons for our statement has clearly been described in our Petition to President Bush. We all should insist on this Presidency candidate that (1) he should further clarify his recent statement and (2) he should also help us in persuading the State Department to withdraw/amend the video. Thanks.

M. S. Chawla

=================================================

Washington D.C., USA -- The Democrat candidate for President, Senator John Kerry, apologized at length for the comment he made at a campaign rally a week ago, saying that he regretted the imprecision of a statement in which he referred to Sikhs as terrorists which led to a misunderstanding.

The comment sparked off a large number of emails to the Senator such as this one:

In your statement regarding Sikhs as terrorists is short sighted. To blindly label over 20M Sikhs in India and over 500K here in the US, like me, is irresponsible. A

s a candidate for the highest office in the US and the World, it is your responsibility to carefully choose your words so as not to alienate your supporters.

Best Regards, - A Sikh American!

This email received the following response from the Kerry campaign team with a quoted statement from the Senator saying:

Dear Friend,

Thank you for writing to John Kerry about your concerns with the comments he made recently involving people of the Sikh faith. He has released the following statement expressing his regret over the misinterpretation of his words

Statement from John Kerry, February 6, 2004 "It has been brought to my attention that remarks I made on Saturday, January 31 have been misunderstood to imply that adherents of the Sikh faith condone terrorism. Nothing could be farther from the truth and I regret that the imprecision of my statement led to this misunderstanding.

"I am deeply sorry for the offense caused by this comment. I was, of course, referring to specific terrorist groups which have invoked Sikhism and committed past acts of terror in India. I realize that, like me, the vast majority of Sikhs in the United States and worldwide abhor terrorism. I also know that stereotypes, discrimination, and abuse haunt Sikh Americans living and working in this nation. Sikh Americans have made enormous and invaluable contributions to our nation for which I am exceedingly grateful.

"Throughout my legislative career I have worked to protect people of all religious faiths, including Sikhs. I have supported legislation condemning bigotry and acts of violence or discrimination against Sikh Americans, and I have fought to prohibit the practice of racial profiling and for a stronger hate crimes law. I have also led the effort in the Senate to enact the Workplace Religious Freedom Act, which would protect religious observance in the workplace. My legislation has been supported by the Sikh Council on Religion and Education among many other religious groups.

"I will continue my work for and with the Sikh community and other religious groups as President of the United States."

The Kerry Team

=========================================================

M. S. Chawla

Producer

"PASSION FOR TRUTH" TV Program

"PUNJABI COMMUNITY HOUR" TV Program

"PUNJABI COMMUNITY HOUR" Radio Program On the Web

Web Pages:

www.passionfortruthtv.com

www.geocities.com/~mschawla

"I am deeply sorry for the offense caused by this comment. I was, of course, referring to specific terrorist groups which have invoked Sikhism and committed past acts of terror in India..."

His clarification is totally UNSATISFACATORY. He is calling the Sikhs inside Sri Harimandir Sahib terrorists and the ones who sacrificed their lives for human rights. So according to his definition of terrorism, he should also know that US troops in Iraq are also TERRORISTS.

We need to prepare some emails that to send him.

bhul chuk di khima...

yesterday i sent the emails to many yahoogroups (just copy/paste the template http://sikhpride.com/alert/2 )

--

Regarding Kerry.. he is not getting any sikh support cauz most of the sikhs in us are khalistaness :)

My legislation has been supported by the Sikh Council on Religion and Education among many other religious groups.

What making me think is why SAN JOSE PPLS (WHO GAVE HIM MONEY) and SCORE DID NOT TAKE ANY STEP and tell him "HEY Man.. whatever u did is wrong, better said im sorry".. I think these guys and all other guys are just happy by having pix taken with guys like kerry and then they will say YAYYYY our pix came on Punjabi Newspaper next to Ajmeri baba Full page ad rolleyes.gif

Let us keep our focus on actions instead of just letting our hurt and anger out. So I hope that every body, who participate in these discussions, also:

(1) sign the petition to President Bush avilable at our web site "www.passionfortruthtv.com",

(2) write an e-mail or letters to Senator Kerry campaign requesting him to take further action to clarify his stand. We should also include in our e-mails/letters the reasons for our arguments, but no anger.

(3)Since President Bush and Democratic nominee, Senator Kerry, are going to have debates on verious issues, we should, somehow, get our issue of "USA TOTALLY DEPENDING SOLELY ON THE MIS-INFORMATION (SUPPLIED BY FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS, ESPECIALLY THOSE COUNTRIES WHERE THE ELECTRONIC MEDIA IS COMPLETELY CONTROLLED BY GOVERNMENT AND WHERE ALL THE MINORITIES (SIKHS, MUSLIMS AND EVEN CHRISTIANS ARE KILLED SYSTEMATICALLY BY MOBS WITH THE CONNIVANCE THE GOVERNMENT LEADERS)" be introduced.

All the three actions are assential. But for item 3 I would like to have suggetions from you all. We have discussed this issue on our TV programs quite often. Some of those programs can be viewed on our web site.

Done number 1 & 2

Have NO IDEA what to do in nr3, as I'm from europe :)

here my mail to Kerry:

Dearest Sir,

I was very disappointed by Mr Kerry’s statement, whilst giving a speech in Oklaholma.

I received your mail, however, I urge Mr Kerry to make a Public apology, and please clarify what Mr Kerry based his facts on whilst replying.

Looking forward to your reply

Sincerely

Virpal Singh (Sweden)

V.Singh@#