Older Generation Have Created Confusion, Leaving Us Looking Like Hindus Pretending To Be Sikhs

one love kaur

We put food in front of Guru Granth Sahib? Like Hindus do infront of idols

I don't think I've ever seen that.

I know when ppl in west do matha teek then they donate some Atta or milk etc.. It's nor for gurusahib but its for sangat langar. There is no rule that says one has to donate these stuff in front of guru granth sahib. If i do donate such, i would go straight from car to Langar hall's food store-room. So it's individual choice and mostly it happens in west (very few ppl do it).

"one love kaur" I really urge you to not write any papers or anything else on Sikhism until you grasp some basic concepts... ( don't feel I'm trying to run you down).

I have to agree with Jai Tegang here... These are very basic intro knowledge about sikhism.. so please read few intro books and when you feel that you have enough knowledge on basic sikhi then maybe u should write a paper.. otherwise don't do it..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mostly agree of what was said by One love kaur ....as it quite clearly depicts todays sikhi...

As for the concept of janeu goes someone please explain it to me...that dont we judge the person as amritdhari if he wears a Kirpan and then we go onto become judgemental about that persons way of thinking ....so do the Hindus differentiate between each other using the Janeu.

Also why is it bad to realize god through some sort of form....ie Stone....Scripture...Picture.

Also why is it bad to realize god through some sort of form....ie Stone....Scripture...Picture.

Sat sri Akal,

You cannot realize that way see there is difference in knowledge.

You cannot get knowledge by seeing the books or having faith in books. Untill and unless you read it and thinks about it, you will not get knowledge.

Same way God can only be realized if you read Bani and do Vichaar on it.

Regards.

i have to agree with you that I need to learn much more, i am still going to write the paper but i will take my time and try and learn of more of you guys. It is clear that you do know a lot about Sikhism. I am so gratefull to have this sangat, thanks.

It is clear that there is great need for Sikh schools which teach Sikhism and Sikh History . Also children and adults need to be made aware of the recent suffering of Sikhs in India and issues they face in this country.

The Sikh School in Slough is a good start , instead of building more Gurdwaras where there several already build schools or add them to existing Gurdwars.

This is what we have forgotten,you don't not have to be an Amritdhari to wear a Kirpan, all the 5k's have equal importance,and stand side by side,if a non Amritdhari can wear a Kara they can slo wear a Kirpan.

U realy think that do u?

Yup so why shakk amrit then innit.........lets just all go around waering the 5 k's and we'll all skip into sachkhand......... rolleyes.gif

Repeating words like a parrot wont give us enlightenment. This whole 'Waheguru Waheguru' repition, None of the Gurus even used the word in the Guru Granth Sahib I dont think. Guru Nanak just sang about love, nature, merging with the Ultimate.

I am sure once you know the importance of that parrot ............. along with nectar and satisfaction that parrot attains ..................... you will wish to become one yourself. :)

khu kbIr gUMgY guVu KwieAw pUCy qy ikAw khIAY ]4]7]51]

kahu kabeer goongai gurr khaaeiaa pooshhae thae kiaa keheeai ||4||7||51||

Says Kabeer, the mute has tasted the molasses, but what can he say about it if he is asked? ||4||7||51||

Repeating words like a parrot wont give us enlightenment. This whole 'Waheguru Waheguru' repition, None of the Gurus even used the word in the Guru Granth Sahib I dont think. Guru Nanak just sang about love, nature, merging with the Ultimate.

Have you ever tried to repeat this words, if you have love for God, You will get everything in the life as you will start to live in his wish.

Our Gurus have said to recite his name with evry breath and you are saying that Repeating words like a parrot wont give us enlightenment.

You are almost like Gurbhagat.

The person who can Repeat words like a parrot for praise of God is the greatest and most rich person in entire universe as God has given him such blessing or gift to recite his name.

I really want to become such parrot who can remember his God again and again as it is the only motive to take birth.

When you will have love for God you will understand this.