Steel Glasses Of Sahibzade

S1ngh

30 years?? Did they do any sort of research on the material?? What else did the Giani Ji tell you??

I asked him about when they were found, and he just said 30 years ago. Didn't ask him any thing else. The Giani Ji asked us if we wanted to know the history behind the glasses. He told us they were used by Baba Moti Mehra to provide milk for the Sahibzade. He provided it for 4 days. He was eventually caught and as a result he and his family were tortured to death.

I asked him about when they were found, and he just said 30 years ago.

:D

I have some batay at home I can pass with saying they're pratan does it make it true?

i suppose that the possibility could exist, providing you'd been doing seva for a portion of your life at an important historical itihaasic gurughar of the Sikh Panth. We don't even know the giani or the gurdwara and we're questioning if maybe they're makin the whole thing up.... and that too, sarcastically and tongue in cheek

sarcasm aside, chatanga: do you have any information regarding the credibility of the glasses? Singhson, do you have a contact at the gurdwara to find out more? There are really cool artifacts to have if they can be proven to be legit!

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not saying that I believe him. I'm just telling you what he said to me:)

i suppose that the possibility could exist, providing you'd been doing seva for a portion of your life at an important historical itihaasic gurughar of the Sikh Panth. We don't even know the giani or the gurdwara and we're questioning if maybe they're makin the whole thing up.... and that too, sarcastically and tongue in cheek

sarcasm aside, chatanga: do you have any information regarding the credibility of the glasses? Singhson, do you have a contact at the gurdwara to find out more? There are really cool artifacts to have if they can be proven to be legit!

The Gurdwara is 'Gurwara Shaeed Moti Ram Jee'. And the Giani in question: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brind/1535231923/

I don't have any contact with the Gurdwara. Our family and friends were on a Gurdwara day trip and we visited this Gurdwara after Sirhind. I had never seen/heard of this Gurdwara before. :D

hmmm im not convinced

how do you know these are the glasses? are they in perfect condition? where were they found?

that sounded like im interrogating you, sorry =]

Alot can be said about many 'historical objects' though :@ - Guru's shastar (sp), panjha sahib, bhatta sahib (also in my flickr) etc. Its up to us whether we want to believe or not :umm:

They're not in perfect condition: A close up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brind/1536112096/ shows that the one on the right is split from the back. The one on the other side has minor damage too. Overall, I would say they were not in a really bad condition for an 'historical object(s)'

i was blessed to have darshan many times . i have recently came back from vacatrion in punjab and every day this time and two yrs ago when we went we used to wake up and walk to fatehgargh sahib and the baba moti mehr gurudwara was on the way. It was amzing to see them they are all on display in sirhind near bassi pathana .u shud all go if u have a chance its a small gurudwara near sri fatehgargh sahib.