SardarDholi

What Religion Was Jatt Jeona Morh

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

These folk stories having nothing to do with sikhi or the khalsa. So i recommend posting this query on a punjabi forum.

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

one of the most ignorant topics i have read by far.

this is still our culture, and background. It is what we are, like it or not. Ignoring history is ignoring your self. And on top of that in gurbani it does make reference to heer and ranjha (right)? because their relation was of the soul.

But still it our culture, you cannot discard that.

My point is that it isn't "our" culture but someone elses that has been passed off as ours. What possessed Jatts to steal a story from Baghdad and make out it is their own is puzzling in itself.

Ek Onkar Satnam

These folk stories having nothing to do with sikhi or the khalsa. So i recommend posting this query on a punjabi forum.

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

this is still our culture, and background. It is what we are, like it or not. Ignoring history is ignoring your self. And on top of that in gurbani it does make reference to heer and ranjha (right)? because their relation was of the soul.

My point is that it isn't "our" culture but someone elses that has been passed off as ours. What possessed Jatts to steal a story from Baghdad and make out it is their own is puzzling in itself.

its called folk lore brotha...check out the term

i dont know about that, i've always thought of panjabi culture as a kanjar culture.

well then you mus'nt be punjabi.

what r u then? besides Sikh. cause thats the obvious answer.

what diffreence is there between some muslims from punjab..who say they are not punjabi and a sikh who claims the same then??

what language do u speak?? where do ur parents hail from?

Ek Onkar Satnam

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

its called folk lore brotha...check out the term

Well distinguish between what really is Panjabi and what isn't. I love Panjabi culture myself, Heer Ranjha isn't panjabi - simple as......

i dont know about that, i've always thought of panjabi culture as a kanjar culture.

well then you mus'nt be punjabi.

what r u then? besides Sikh. cause thats the obvious answer.

what diffreence is there between some muslims from punjab..who say they are not punjabi and a sikh who claims the same then??

what language do u speak?? where do ur parents hail from?

Straght Talker....lol i was hoping that this wouldnt go off topic, but it has...still no one knows what Jatt Jeona Morh was?

Whats all this about punjabi being a kanjar culture? if you dont understand it and dont have it in your soul, then dont cus it.Ignorant narrow minded people on here.

holly <admin-profanity filter activated>...he's b'n in punjabi folk lore for centuries before you or I were even conceived, just because you feel he is'nt (or he is'nt punjabi) does not make their story non-punjabi.

its part of Punjabi FOLK LORE.

holly <admin-profanity filter activated>...he's b'n in punjabi folk lore for centuries before you or I were even conceived, just because you feel he is'nt (or he is'nt punjabi) does not make their story non-punjabi.

Bro...heer ranjha is a persian based story....a little history for you guys...jatts, tarkhans and Huddals, all came from persia as one group and settled in punjab where they adopted the hindu/muslim faiths BUT kept a lot of the persian identity...such as the pagh (turban), the stories....and ever noticed how the punjabi talwar looks almost identical in size weight and shape to the persian shamshir...even use similar hilt designs.

fact is bout 80-90% of punjabis have persian background,heer ranjha is a persian story.

i am panjabi , and my parents come from Panjab. I speak Panjabi (badly), but as a culture, (I suppose any of india's culture )wiv its caste EDIT, and bhangara drivel, and the way that Panjabis hate their culture ( by adopting as many westren trends as possible) i think its probably dead.

Edited by BiBi G
please do not try to disguise foul language, it's still blatant, just don't use it! thank you!

Bro...heer ranjha is a persian based story....a little history for you guys...jatts, tarkhans and Huddals, all came from persia as one group and settled in punjab where they adopted the hindu/muslim faiths BUT kept a lot of the persian identity...such as the pagh (turban), the stories....and ever noticed how the punjabi talwar looks almost identical in size weight and shape to the persian shamshir...even use similar hilt designs.

fact is bout 80-90% of punjabis have persian background,heer ranjha is a persian story.

This isn't true of Sikhs. Look at where the Panj Piray came from. We are a true mixture.

This is the funniest thing I ever read today. you are so right but you sound so wrong lol

P.S. I am Punjabi. lol

Bhangra Culture has hijacked the authentic old Punjabi culture for the last 40-50 years. Today Bhagra culture has turned Punjabi culture into Kunjar Culture.

Edited by Jonny101