What Religion Was Jatt Jeona Morh

SardarDholi

holly <admin-profanity filter activated>...he's b'n in punjabi folk lore for centuries before you or I were even conceived, just because you feel he is'nt (or he is'nt punjabi) does not make their story non-punjabi.

its part of Punjabi FOLK LORE.

Bro...heer ranjha is a persian based story....a little history for you guys...jatts, tarkhans and Huddals, all came from persia as one group and settled in punjab where they adopted the hindu/muslim faiths BUT kept a lot of the persian identity...such as the pagh (turban), the stories....and ever noticed how the punjabi talwar looks almost identical in size weight and shape to the persian shamshir...even use similar hilt designs.

fact is bout 80-90% of punjabis have persian background,heer ranjha is a persian story.

i am panjabi , and my parents come from Panjab. I speak Panjabi (badly), but as a culture, (I suppose any of india's culture )wiv its caste EDIT, and bhangara drivel, and the way that Panjabis hate their culture ( by adopting as many westren trends as possible) i think its probably dead.

holly <admin-profanity filter activated>...he's b'n in punjabi folk lore for centuries before you or I were even conceived, just because you feel he is'nt (or he is'nt punjabi) does not make their story non-punjabi.

its part of Punjabi FOLK LORE.

Bro...heer ranjha is a persian based story....a little history for you guys...jatts, tarkhans and Huddals, all came from persia as one group and settled in punjab where they adopted the hindu/muslim faiths BUT kept a lot of the persian identity...such as the pagh (turban), the stories....and ever noticed how the punjabi talwar looks almost identical in size weight and shape to the persian shamshir...even use similar hilt designs.

fact is bout 80-90% of punjabis have persian background,heer ranjha is a persian story.

This isn't true of Sikhs. Look at where the Panj Piray came from. We are a true mixture.

• 6 years later...