Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SardarDholi

What Religion Was Jatt Jeona Morh

32 posts in this topic

I grew up with stories like Jagga Jatt, Mirza Saibha, Heer Ranjha etc and i know the background of all of them through my baba repeatedly telling me them. I thought the same about Jatt Jeona Morh.

Basically I always thought Jatt Jeona Morh was from a Sikhi family, but then i put on my second favourite, Surinder Shinda - Jeona Morh (by the way my favourite is Putt Jattan De), anyway i was thinking of the story after Jeona killed Dogar Jatt he goes to some mandir before Jeona gets killed...so im really confused about what religion Jatt Jeona Morh is. Anyone know the answer? cus its really bugging me, i even asked some of the greatest poets and lyricists (Teja Singh Tej, Jandu Lithranwala,Dev Thrikeywala etc) if they knew and they can't 100% confirm.

....HELP!!

1 person likes this

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

These folk stories having nothing to do with sikhi or the khalsa. So i recommend posting this query on a punjabi forum.

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

1 person likes this

he was killed while going for darshans of naina devi anandpur sahib ...

he was on the run from the police and he went to Naina Devi Mandir by Anandpur Sahib. There he was followed by piolce and at the top he heard a vioce telling him to jump, have faith in the Devi and dont look back. So he jumped and coming close to the ground he looked back to see what was carrying him and fell straight to the ground. If you have been to Naina Devi Mandir (as I have) then on the way down you can see the spot where he fell. Its very far away from the Mandir. He was an upashak of the Devi.

he was on the run from the police and he went to Naina Devi Mandir by Anandpur Sahib. There he was followed by piolce and at the top he heard a vioce telling him to jump, have faith in the Devi and dont look back. So he jumped and coming close to the ground he looked back to see what was carrying him and fell straight to the ground. If you have been to Naina Devi Mandir (as I have) then on the way down you can see the spot where he fell. Its very far away from the Mandir. He was an upashak of the Devi.

What a load of bulltutti......

1 person likes this

Hmmm DalSingh101 its NOT bulltutti, look at it with an open mind because it just goes to show dont have faith in the Hindu religion or its demi god/godesses or you fall into the pit of death and ignorance.

"I do not follow the religious ways, preached by various religions, believing in Ram, Mohammad, Puran or Quran." Savaiya, Chaupai Sahib.

Thanks bro, But still, what religion was he...was he 100% sikh? I know that many sikhs pay respects to devi and shiv but was he sikh then?

Not many know this about him but i guess the secret needs to be revealed.

He was a Mormon :lol:

1 person likes this

Hmmm DalSingh101 its NOT bulltutti, look at it with an open mind because it just goes to show dont have faith in the Hindu religion or its demi god/godesses or you fall into the pit of death and ignorance.

"I do not follow the religious ways, preached by various religions, believing in Ram, Mohammad, Puran or Quran." Savaiya, Chaupai Sahib.

I agree. People from Jatt backgrounds who have now become Sikhs need to discard the old mumbo jumbo. It was Sikhism that unified them and gave them freedom and short lived sovereignty. If the other beliefs were any good we (Panjabis) wouldn't have been invaded every other year for centuries.

Another thing is the plain lies being told. Example: Heer Ranjha being Panjabi and Jatt. If you go to the Victoria and Albert Museum you can find an old vase from Baghdad dated sometime in the 1100s (i.e. 3 centuries before the birth of Guru Nanak). It has the Heer Ranjha story written on it in Persian......

Some morons in the Panjab got hold of the story - rewrote it with Jatt characters and claim it is their own. That is sad.

well im glad that cleared up now i can sleep easy at night :lol:

do you think that all jatts are Sikhs? most of the jat tribes became muslims, some hindus and some sikhs. As i said the jeone was a worshipper of the Devi. If you dont beleive what i ahve posted above go to Naina Devi and find out for yourself. They tell the story there. And as for someone saying dont have faith in the devis or sumat, that wasnt the gist of the story. Jeone had faith that the Defvi would save him , but he just never followed her hukam not to look back. Coming down i guess that cuirioisity got the better of him and he look ed bcak . As soon as he looked back, the shakti that was carrying him vanished. He fell to the ground and died.

im really amazed that people on this forum think that all the jatts became sikhs.

do you think that all jatts are Sikhs? most of the jat tribes became muslims, some hindus and some sikhs. As i said the jeone was a worshipper of the Devi. If you dont beleive what i ahve posted above go to Naina Devi and find out for yourself. They tell the story there. And as for someone saying dont have faith in the devis or sumat, that wasnt the gist of the story. Jeone had faith that the Defvi would save him , but he just never followed her hukam not to look back. Coming down i guess that cuirioisity got the better of him and he look ed bcak . As soon as he looked back, the shakti that was carrying him vanished. He fell to the ground and died.

im really amazed that people on this forum think that all the jatts became sikhs.

I don't - I meet as many Jatt Muslims as Sikhs. Apparently more Jatts are Muslim than Sikh. Seems like loads of them crapped themselves when Islamic armies came to the Panjab. Maybe many of the the alcohol loving and violent brave ones became Sikhs because they couldn't stomach all the shariah restrictions or something or saw that Sikhs would win in the Sikh-Muslim wars and saw an opportunity to grab land? That would explain so many slack sardars in the late 1700s.

Ek Onkar Satnam

These folk stories having nothing to do with sikhi or the khalsa. So i recommend posting this query on a punjabi forum.

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

one of the most ignorant topics i have read by far.

this is still our culture, and background. It is what we are, like it or not. Ignoring history is ignoring your self. And on top of that in gurbani it does make reference to heer and ranjha (right)? because their relation was of the soul.

But still it our culture, you cannot discard that.

i dont know about that, i've always thought of panjabi culture as a kanjar culture.

1 person likes this

Ek Onkar Satnam

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

this is still our culture, and background. It is what we are, like it or not. Ignoring history is ignoring your self. And on top of that in gurbani it does make reference to heer and ranjha (right)? because their relation was of the soul.

My point is that it isn't "our" culture but someone elses that has been passed off as ours. What possessed Jatts to steal a story from Baghdad and make out it is their own is puzzling in itself.

Ek Onkar Satnam

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

My point is that it isn't "our" culture but someone elses that has been passed off as ours. What possessed Jatts to steal a story from Baghdad and make out it is their own is puzzling in itself.

its called folk lore brotha...check out the term

i dont know about that, i've always thought of panjabi culture as a kanjar culture.

well then you mus'nt be punjabi.

what r u then? besides Sikh. cause thats the obvious answer.

what diffreence is there between some muslims from punjab..who say they are not punjabi and a sikh who claims the same then??

what language do u speak?? where do ur parents hail from?

Ek Onkar Satnam

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

its called folk lore brotha...check out the term

Well distinguish between what really is Panjabi and what isn't. I love Panjabi culture myself, Heer Ranjha isn't panjabi - simple as......

well then you mus'nt be punjabi.

what r u then? besides Sikh. cause thats the obvious answer.

what diffreence is there between some muslims from punjab..who say they are not punjabi and a sikh who claims the same then??

what language do u speak?? where do ur parents hail from?

Straght Talker....lol i was hoping that this wouldnt go off topic, but it has...still no one knows what Jatt Jeona Morh was?

Whats all this about punjabi being a kanjar culture? if you dont understand it and dont have it in your soul, then dont cus it.Ignorant narrow minded people on here.

holly <admin-profanity filter activated>...he's b'n in punjabi folk lore for centuries before you or I were even conceived, just because you feel he is'nt (or he is'nt punjabi) does not make their story non-punjabi.

its part of Punjabi FOLK LORE.

holly <admin-profanity filter activated>...he's b'n in punjabi folk lore for centuries before you or I were even conceived, just because you feel he is'nt (or he is'nt punjabi) does not make their story non-punjabi.

Bro...heer ranjha is a persian based story....a little history for you guys...jatts, tarkhans and Huddals, all came from persia as one group and settled in punjab where they adopted the hindu/muslim faiths BUT kept a lot of the persian identity...such as the pagh (turban), the stories....and ever noticed how the punjabi talwar looks almost identical in size weight and shape to the persian shamshir...even use similar hilt designs.

fact is bout 80-90% of punjabis have persian background,heer ranjha is a persian story.

i am panjabi , and my parents come from Panjab. I speak Panjabi (badly), but as a culture, (I suppose any of india's culture )wiv its caste EDIT, and bhangara drivel, and the way that Panjabis hate their culture ( by adopting as many westren trends as possible) i think its probably dead.

Edited by BiBi G
please do not try to disguise foul language, it's still blatant, just don't use it! thank you!

Bro...heer ranjha is a persian based story....a little history for you guys...jatts, tarkhans and Huddals, all came from persia as one group and settled in punjab where they adopted the hindu/muslim faiths BUT kept a lot of the persian identity...such as the pagh (turban), the stories....and ever noticed how the punjabi talwar looks almost identical in size weight and shape to the persian shamshir...even use similar hilt designs.

fact is bout 80-90% of punjabis have persian background,heer ranjha is a persian story.

This isn't true of Sikhs. Look at where the Panj Piray came from. We are a true mixture.