Gurdwara Pardhans Without Turbans

one love kaur

hi

joined this site after hearing jathedhar from india saying you should be a singh or kaur to be pardhan. Heard there are mona pardhans in some gurughars, what is the sangats view on this? is it good for the future or a step back for the panth? i.e somerset road, some ramgarhia and ravidasia gurughars. grin.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that a mona should even be pardhaan since it doesn't set a good example. How are you supposed to get the message of keeping kesh across when the pardhaan doesn't even keep his/her kesh? A pardhaan should be amritdharee. This ain't about who is a "crook" or what ever, its about setting an positive example. Thats my opinion, you guys can have your say.

No monas should not be allowed to become pardans. If they can't follow the simplest rule written by our gurus how do you expect them to follow other rules?

No offence, you can pretty much say that to all Sikhs in general. I doubt there is one Sikh in this world that follows Sikh perfectly. Now, I am not saying it is okay monay can be pardhans. All I am saying is that no one is perfect. Now a mona can be a good sikh "inside", but it still would be wrong for them to be pardans because they're not good sikhs outside. The same can be said about amrtidhari/keshdahri sikhs as well. They follow outer part of sikhi, but not all them follow inter part of Sikhi at all. So can these people be pardans too? IMO, no.

Only sikhs who follow inter and outer part of Sikhi should be pardans. But only problem with that is it is hard to find those kinds of sikhs. Let's face it, we don't have too many of them in the world.

Mona shouldnt be pardhan in the gurdwara, thats just too far.. if we start having mona as pardhan then we defaniately sending a wrong message to the sikh youth masses/sikh sangat.

Now before someone accuse me of being mona hater, just for the record..i m a die hard freind with a mona. my best freind is mona. so dont go that route.

At the end of day, you have to stick to the sikh principles, stay within maryada, this has nothing to do with being mona hater, and crook amritdhari as pardhan is defaniately NO NO as well.

hi

joined this site after hearing jathedhar from india saying you should be a singh or kaur to be pardhan. Heard there are mona pardhans in some gurughars, what is the sangats view on this? is it good for the future or a step back for the panth? i.e somerset road, some ramgarhia and ravidasia gurughars. grin.gif

Our gurdwara has a mona pardan. our youth was against him at the time of election but no one listen to us. Beacause our youth is not allowed to choose anyone we can't say anything about him. one love kaur if u or anyone can post any written order of jathedars from india. i will surely print and post it in our gurdwara. or if anyone knows anylines from gurbani, i will be thankful to u all.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh