Where To Start?

gurfateh sangat ji........

ok i just came back from a summer camp and just realised how much i love sangat and i fell in love with sikhi all over again! but i realised i done a lot of things wrong regarding sikhi, wel not wrong but i should have done things differently and a lot more slowly.

I feel like i ran before i could walk......6 years ago i was canada bound for the big annual toronto smagam and i was sooooooo excited :D . but at that time i didn't know my nitnem and i kind of felt embarassed because other people would find out at the smagam. Which, looking back, seems ridiculous. Anyway knowing this i rapidly learnt my nitnem and before you know it i was reading nitnem in 40 minutes. And i was thinking wow im sorted, but boy oh boy how wrong i was. I didn't take my time to really understand the meaning of each bani, i was more concerned on just knowing it.

Ever since that time, doing nitnem has just become routine even though i do want to do it. And i feel in those years leading up to now, because i knew my nitnem, i felt i had done my duty and became lazy in learning about sikhi.

So now im 19 and i should know a lot more, i skipped all the basics of sikhi and don't have the real strong love for sikhi and guru ji that i should have now.

that might have all seemed like gibberish to everyone but i think you might know wot im tryin to say rolleyes.gif

if anyone has been in the same position or just wants to talk about this i would much appreciate it.

FATEH JI!!!!!!!!

Anyway knowing this i rapidly learnt my nitnem and before you know it i was reading nitnem in 40 minutes. And i was thinking wow im sorted, but boy oh boy how wrong i was. I didn't take my time to really understand the meaning of each bani, i was more concerned on just knowing it.

Ever since that time, doing nitnem has just become routine even though i do want to do it. And i feel in those years leading up to now, because i knew my nitnem, i felt i had done my duty and became lazy in learning about sikhi.

Ouch my cheek hurts. I just got slapped.