"panthic Maryada"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sgpc.net/sikhism/sikh-dharma-manual.html

Firstly here's the official Rehat Maryada by the SGPC...

And for Namstang...I am perfectly aware of what I write...you can watch the daily Rehraas Sahib on Aastha Channel on ATV which is broadcasted live from Takhat Hazoor Sahib. You can see the Gianis do Aastha to Guru Granth Sahib first and then go to the big picture of Guru Gobind Singh and then do aastha there...not only was a platter containing the lighted lamps waved in front of Guru Granth Sahib and the photo of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, but after doing that, the 'Poojari' of the Takht takes the platter around for the Sangat to do what Hindus do in these rituals - they take their hands upto the flame, and then wipe their face, eyes, head with the hands.

I have family and friends who have also personally gone to the Takht and seen this with their own eyes....but whatever forget it, I don't understand why we started this conflict. All I want is a mature conversation, instead you chose to reply to some of my points but completely ignored my other posts and my main point.

WJKK WJKF

- First of all, i didnt know they do arti of the picture of sri guru gobind singh ji infront of sri guru granth sahib, if thats a case i acknowledge that is against gurmat, there is no question about it. INeverthless, there are many great things you can learn from hazoor sahib maryada for eg- parkash of sri dasam granth, respect protocol given to maharaj shastars, how to perform sri akhand patt of both sri guru granth sahib ji and sri dasam granth sahib ji, kirtan in raagas, sharda in singhs waking up 2 am every day and go to godavari nadi to wash maharaj shastars.

- I didnt know why you felt to share sgpc maryada with me, since i never spoke against sgpc maryada endorsed by sri akaal takth sahib, as i said in my previous that its my opnion and my view shouldnt be taken as gospel truth..i dont know why you getting soo hostile for again i repeat:

In my opnion, all 5 takths maryada is valid which includes sri akaal takth maryada and should be consider 'Utam Sikh Maryada" in cases of gurmatta, sarbat khalsa meeting or doing seva on panthic level or even personal empowerment. Here is an example of different takth maryada- Maryada from damdama sahib on gaining vidya(knowledge).

The attributes to Gaining Vidiya as Started by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj formed a few rules for the person who wanted to gain knowledge at Guru Ki Kashi, Damdama Sahib. If a student followed these rules then he or she could obtain success in learning vidiya. Those rules were:

a) One should be an Amrit Dhari and shouldn't consider anyone as a Guru except for Guru Granth Sahib. He should wear the kirpan and the gatra and stay within in the limit's of the 5k's in order to be saved from the 5 evils. He should follow the rule of reciting Nitnem each day. He should do the path of panj granthi and apart from the entire nitnem, should also know Panj Granthi orally;

b) One should practice Mool Muntra, Gur Mantra & Amrit Naam in solitude;

c) One should be polite and not quarrelsome. They should be affectionate to everybody;

d) One should respect and regard the entire sangat as the embodiment of the Guru's image. He should not be partial to anyone;

e) One should always consider himself involved in the activities of the Khalsa Panth (Khalsa Community). He should not go against the panth or criticize it and should have strong belief in it. One should remain armed like a brave person ready to offer his head in the cause of the panth if situation arises, and should not be coward;

f) One should be able to recite path of Siri Guru granth Sahib without mispronunciation and should follow whatever is told within it;

g) One should consider Siri Guru Granth Sahib from "ikonkar" to '18 Dasbees' (it's a path within SGGS where bhog is done. Some say Raagmalla is not part of SGGS but it is.) As one;

h) One should read the meanings of Bhai Gurdas Ji's and Bhai Nand Lal Ji's banis and one should read the entire dasam bir;

i) One should have read the books of other religions and have knowledge about them;

j.) One should believe in the One God and have strong faith in him.

k) One should not hate or criticize any other religion by thinking that God is in all. One should be against any cruelty to anyone;

l) One should have whole gian of mind, should recite kirtan and do service of the Sadh Sangat.

m) One should not exhibit his own talents and achievements and should not criticize other weak points. One should not give pain to living beings and should not be cunning;

n) One should be Gursevi and should not keep company of wrong men. One should put Gursikhi above everything else and keep Gurmat the top priority above any gian, and thus recite Naam. The giver of Mukti- naam, should strengthen it, One should remain content during good and bad times.

o) One should meditate on naam with determination. The determination for naam comes when taking Amrit from the five beloveds.

p) One should not consume alcohol or any type of drugs. One should be vegetarian and not eat meat, eggs, fish, etc;

q.) One should not backbite; be jealous or involved in making separate groups;

r) One should restrain himself/herself from being led by the give evils of lust, snger, attachment, pride and greed;

s) One should sleep less, talk less, and should be painted in the color of Naam. One should have strong belief in Amrit Naam;

t) One should be strong in religious beliefs and should study with heart. One should not have unreasonable arguments and doubts of religious belief, or criticize them unnecessarily. One should be smart and a quick learner, and should not be lazy;

v) One should get up in the mornings, bathe and learn from the sangat and their elders;

w) One should give knowledge away without asking for anything in return. That person should not limit themselves to a country or community. They should preach about Sikh religion through teachings of Gurmat, and what they have gained should be passed onto the sangat with affection;

x) One should respect others more than their regard for themselves. One should not cheat or tell lies, and in every suitation should stick to Sikhi. They should believe in God all their heart should believe all the Guru’s is listening;

y) One should recite naam himself and explain to others to do the same to attain freedom from life.

The above rules are for those Gurmukh students who wish to learn meanings through reading bani, and thus gain awareness of God.

Now just like these there are many mini maryada like these can be learnt or adapted from other takths as well.

We sikhs have soo many maryada of jatha's and samparda's but those should be used in personal life, when you doing any panthic seva that should be done under maryada given by 5 takths. I highly beleive five takths are five pillars in the khalsa panth, and they all equally represent "Guru Khalsa Panth" not just sgpc or dgpc or hazoor sahib. Again i must ask others to do khoj in bhai dya singh rehitnama on maryada, sikhi was never meant to have one maryada so stop feeling stress regarding various maryada, i strongly beleive gurus have never intended to have one maryada as discussed by bhai dya singh ji in its rehitnama- that khalsa can adapt any of three lifestyles according to panth or personal needs- those lifestyles/diet can be divided into rajoguni(gristhi sikh-life of an householder), tamoguni(fearless warriors-nihangs) or satoguni(sadhu leaving as virakat/celibate/nirmal/sevapanthi sant mandali).

By looking at that, there is lot of evidence to suggest that guru's have never intended to have one set maryada instead they create diversity among sikhs ie- different lifestyles/diet coming all under khalsa panth. Thats one the reason, you wont find the puratan samparda bickering among themselves over maryada as compare to say new jatha's because they understand the concept, guru's have never intended to have one set maryada but instead planted many seeds with flowers in their garden(Khalsa Panth).

Bottom line, whatever maryada brings you closer to guru saaheb, and you feel is right you should follow, if you feel that following a certain code of conduct will enhance your sikhi and your jeevan then you should follow it, regardless of what others say. People are always looking to big themselves or maryada they follow, but look beyond that, and look inside yourself and follow what you feel is right according to gurmat.

Akaal Takht Saaheb's maryada needs to change, it should be made in a prestine form, which is different for everyone, but it needs to change regardless.

Currently the two most dominant maryada in the panth are of Damdami Taksaal and the Akhand Keertani Jathaa. One thing Namastang said was we look at these small differences now and argue over them, when in praatan times singhs in different misls had different views and even quarrels among each other, but when it came down to the panth they stood together on one field under one nishaan saaheb and fought like brothers.

Bhul chuk muaf.

Bottom line, whatever maryada brings you closer to guru saaheb, and you feel is right you should follow, if you feel that following a certain code of conduct will enhance your sikhi and your jeevan then you should follow it, regardless of what others say. People are always looking to big themselves or maryada they follow, but look beyond that, and look inside yourself and follow what you feel is right according to gurmat.

Akaal Takht Saaheb's maryada needs to change, it should be made in a prestine form, which is different for everyone, but it needs to change regardless.

Currently the two most dominant maryada in the panth are of Damdami Taksaal and the Akhand Keertani Jathaa. One thing Namastang said was we look at these small differences now and argue over them, when in praatan times singhs in different misls had different views and even quarrels among each other, but when it came down to the panth they stood together on one field under one nishaan saaheb and fought like brothers.

Bhul chuk muaf.

d_oh.gif

Everyone should only follow ONE KHalsa Rehit Maryada....

Everyone should follow the ACTUAL REHIT MARYADA of Sree Akal Takht Sahib.

Which actual rehit maryada ?

The SAME Rehit Maryada Bhai Mani SIngh started and was blessed with by Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib Maharaj, when GUru Sahib gave him the duty of Jatheydar of Sri Akal Takht Sahib and made him the first Jatheydar of the panth.

The current so called maryada of Akal Takht is not the actual rehit maryada.It was enforced by SGPC.

To follow in the actual rehit maryada of Khalsa , we will have to leave our CURRENT rehit maryada which WE BELIEVE IN.

As long as there is EGO in us, we won't be able to leave our current views(manmat).

After many of us know the ACTUAL REHIT MARYADA of Khalsa, neither many of us will be willing to change.Its the sour truth and reality about us.

Bhul chuk muaf.

great post bro,just like to point out- damdami taksal and akhand keeranti jatha are without any question most dominant maryada in the panth abroad but if you go to india thats not the case. I have been to india, there are people who havent even heard of akhand kirtani jatha , they have heard of taksal even then they are not in majority, i think reason being because lot of akjs and taksali came abroad during 1984 time.

Chatrik bhaaji,

If you think maryada given to bhai mani singh ji by sri guru gobind singh ji as supreme maryada - sri akaal takth sahib maryada then do you also beleive in bhai mani singh ji lineage?

Here is bhai mani singh lineage:

sampardai%20started%20by%20siri%20guru%20gobind%20singh%20ji.JPG

Also if you beleive maryada given by sri guru gobind singh ji to bhai mani singh ji i as supreme sri akaal takth sahib maryada, do you also acknowledge sehajdhari maryada given by sri guru gobind singh ji to same bhai mani singh ji?

Here is the maryada for sehajdharis, dont shoot the messenger, i m just posting what this singh have discovered going through puratan rehitnamas, maryada's.

// By freed:

Gurfateh !

The 'rehatnama' you are looking for is the 'Vajib Ul Arz' - or 'reasonable request' - This document is found in Bhai Mani Singh's 'Bhagat ratna wali'

and is in the form of ten questions - said to have been asked of Guru Gobind Singh by Sehaj dhari Sikhs - and Guru Sahib's response.

It is quite controversial - the version I am posting - an entry from Kahn Singh Nabha's Mahan Kosh - is prefaced by Kahn Singh saying that this cannot be the writing of Bhai Mani Singh and Guru Sahib would never have made such 'Hukums'.

The main controversial points are to do with the keeping of kesh (the document allows the trimming of kesh to an 'acceptable' length) and various ceremonies requiring the presence of a 'Brahmin'

It must be remembered that 'Mahan Kosh' was written at the height of the Singh Sabha Movement and it could be argued Kahn Singh was its chief apologist.

Like always it's for you to make your own decision.

hope this helps in someway !

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'

Here is the entry (in my copy of Mahan Kosh - 2000 edition, its on page 901) this version is from srigranth.org

Mahan Kosh Encyclopedia

Entry - ਵਾਜਿਬੁਲ ਅਰਜ

ਅ਼. __ ਵਾਜਿਬੁਲ- ਅ਼ਰਜ. ਯੋਗ੍ਯ ਪ੍ਰਾਰਥਨਾ. ਵਿਨਯਪਤ੍ਰ। ੨. ਭਾਈ ਮਨੀਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਸਾਖੀ “ਭਗਤਾਵਲੀ” ਵਿੱਚ ਲਿਖੀ ਸਹਜਧਾਰੀ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੀ ਬੇਨਤੀ, ਜਿਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਦਸ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਨ ਦਸ਼ਮੇਸ਼ ਦੇ ਪੇਸ਼ ਕੀਤੇ ਗਏ ਹਨ. ਵਾਜਬੁਲਅਰਜ ਦੇ ਪਾਠ ਤੋਂ ਮਲੂਮ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਨਾ ਇਹ ਭਾਈ ਮਨੀਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਕਲਮ ਤੋਂ ਲਿਖੀ ਗਈ ਹੈ ਅਰ ਨਾ ਕਲਗੀਧਰ ਦੇ ਅਜੇਹੇ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ, ਪਰ ਪਾਠਕਾਂ ਦੇ ਗ੍ਯਾਨ ਲਈ ਇਸ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਸਲ ਪਾਠ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ. (ੳ) ਸਮੇ ਵਿਆਹ ਦੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਵੇਦਪਾਠੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਬੁਲਾਇਕੈ ਵਿਵਾਹ ਦੀਆਂ ਕਾਂਡੀਆਂ ਪੜ੍ਹਾਇਕੈ ਵਿਵਾਹ ਕਰਦੇ ਸਾਂ. ਤੇ ਹੁਣ ਸਿੱਖ¹ ਕਹਿਂਦੇ ਹਨ- ਤੁਸੀਂ ਆਨੰਦ ਪੜ੍ਹਕੇ ਵਿਵਾਹ ਕਰੋ, ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਨਾ ਬੁਲਾਵੋ. ਸੱਚੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ! ਅਬ ਜਿਵੈ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਵੈ. ਦਸਤਖਤ ਖਾਸ ਹੋਏ- ਪਹਿਲੇ ਆਨੰਦ ਪੜ੍ਹਨਾ, ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਨੀ, ਪਿੱਛੇ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣਾਂ ਥੀਂ ਹਮੇਸ਼ਾਂ ਜਿਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਪੜਾਵਦੇ ਆਏ ਹੋਂ, ਤਿਵੈ ਪੜਾਵਣਾ, ਸੰਸਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਨਾ. (ਅ) ਸਾਹਿਬਾ ਦਾ ਜੋ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਪੰਜਾਂ ਮੇਲਾਂ- ਧੀਰਮਲੀਏ, ਰਾਮਰਈਏ, ਮੀਣੇ, ਮਸੰਦ, ਸਿਰਗੁੰਮ- ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲਣਾ. ਸਿਰਗੁੰਮ ਕੌਣ ਹੈ? ਬਚਨ ਹੋਇਆ ਸਿਰਗੁੰਮ ਸਰੇਵੜੇ ਅਨੀਸੁਰਵਾਦੀ ਹੈਨ. ਨੰਦਚੰਦ ਸੰਘੇ ਦੇ ਭੀ ਸਿਰਗੁੰਮ ਹੈਨ. ਪੱਕਾ ਸਿਰਗੁੰਮ. ਤੁਰਕ ਹੈ. ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕੀਤੀ- ਕੋਈ ਬਪਾਰ ਦੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਆ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ, ਕੋਈ ਮੁਸੱਦੀ ਪੇਸ਼ਾ ਹੈ, ਵਿਹਾਰ ਦਾ ਸਦਕਾ ਸਭ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਆਨ ਮੇਲ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ. ਤਾਂ ਖਾਸ ਦਸਤਖਤ ਹੋਏ- ਪਹਿਲੇ ਪੁੱਛਕੇ ਵਰਤਣ ਕਰਣੀ, ਜੋ ਭੁੱਲ ਭੁਲਾਂਵੇ ਵਰਤੋਂ, ਤਾਂ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰਵਾਇ ਲੈਣੀ. (ੲ) ਸੱਚੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ! ਅਸੀਂ ਸਹਜਧਾਰੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਜੋ ਹੈਸਾਂ, ਸੋ ਮਾਤਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਦੇ ਮਰਣੇ ਉੱਪਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਆ ਕਰਮ ਭਦ੍ਰ ਜੋੜੀ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦੀ ਰੀਤਿ ਸੀ, ਜੋ ਕਰਦੇ ਹੈਸਾਂ. ਤੇ ਹੁਣ ਸਿੱਖ ਆਖਦੇ ਹਨ- ਜੋ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਵਰਤਾਇਆ ਹੈ, ਹੁਣ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਏਹੁ ਰੀਤਾਂ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਦੀਆਂ ਨਾ ਕਰਿਆ ਕਰੋ. ਸੱਚੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਵੈ. ਤਾਂ ਬਚਨ ਹੋਇਆ, ਖਾਸ ਦਸਤਖਤ ਹੋਏ- ਭੱਦਨ (ਭਦ੍ਰ) ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਨਾ, ਹੋਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਆ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਤੂਤ ਜੈਸੀ ਦੇਸਚਾਲ ਹੋਵੈ ਤਿਵੈ ਕਰਕੈ ਬਖਸਾਇ ਲੈਣਾ. (ਸ) ਸੱਚੇ ਪਾਤਸਾਹੁ! ਸਮੇ ਵਿਵਾਹ ਅਤੇ ਖਿਆਹ ਸਰਾਧ ਦੇ ਦਿਨ ਅਸੀਂ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਭੋਜਨ ਕਰਾਂਵਦੇ ਹੈਸਾਂ, ਹੁਣ ਸਿੱਖ ਆਖਦੇ ਹਨ, ਜੋ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਛਕਾਵਣਾ. ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਇਆ- ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਭੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਭੀ ਅਤਿਥਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਭਲੀ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਕਰਕੈ ਸਭਸ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦ ਛਕਾਇਆ ਕਰੋ. (ਹ) ਸੱਚੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ! ਵਖਤ ਜੰਞੂ ਪਾਵਣੇ ਦੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਨੂੰ ਉਸਤਰੇ ਨਾਲ ਭਦ੍ਰ ਕਰਾਂਵਦੇ ਸਾਂ, ਹੁਣ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਵੈ ਤਿਵੈ ਕੀਚੈ. ਹੁਕਮ ਤੇ ਖਾਸ ਦਸਤਖਤ ਹੋਏ- ਜੋ ਸਹਜਧਾਰੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਬੇਟਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਹੁਲ ਦੇਣੀ. (ਕ) ਸੱਚੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ! ਅੱਗੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਅਸਥੀਆਂ ਗੰਗਾ ਭੇਜਦੇ ਸਾਂ ਹੁਣ ਸਿੱਖ ਮਨੇ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਜਿਵੇ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਵੈ. ਬਚਨ ਤੇ ਖਾਸ ਦਸਤਖਤ ਹੋਏ- ਜੇ ਪਹੁਚਾਇ ਸਕੋਂ ਤਾਂ ਅਸਤੀਆਂ ਪਹੁਚਾਇ ਦੇਣੀਆਂ ਅਰ ਜੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਜੁੱਧ ਵਿੱਚ ਜਿੱਥੇ ਹੁਕਮਸਤਿ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਸੋਈ ਕੁਰੁਛੇਤ੍ਰ ਹੈ. ਇਕੇ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਕੀ ਚਰਣਧੂਰਿ ਵਿੱਚ ਪਾਇ ਦੇਣੀਆਂ, ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਚੌਫੇਰੇ, ਏਸੇ ਥਾਂ ਓਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਗਤਿ ਹੋਵੈਗੀ. (ਖ) ਅਸੀਂ ਜੋ ਆਮਿਲ ਪੇਸ਼ਾ ਕਚਹਿਰੀਆਂ ਜਾਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਦਾੜੀਆਂ ਕੇਸ ਇੱਕੋ ਜੇਹੇ ਕੈਂਚੀਆਂ ਨਾਲ ਕਟਵਾਇ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਸਾਂ, ਹੁਣ ਜਿਵੈ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਵੈ ਤਿਵੈਂ ਕਰੀਏ. ਹੁਕਮ ਤੇ ਖਾਸ ਦਸਤਖਤ ਹੋਏ- ਜੇਹੜੇ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਸਹਜਧਾਰੀ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੋਂ, ਜੇ ਕੇਸਧਾਰੀਆਂ ਦੀ ਤਰਾਂ ਸਾਬਤ ਰੱਖੋਂ ਤਾਂ ਭਲਾ ਹੈ, ਨਹੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਜਰੂਰ- ਮਾਤ੍ਰ ਵਧੀਕ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੋ ਬਰਾਬਰ ਕਰਵਾਇ ਛੱਡਣੇ, ਫੇਰ ਬਖਸਾਇ ਲੈਣਾ. ਜੋ ਕੇਸਧਾਰੀ ਇਹ ਕਰਮ ਕਰੈਗਾ, ਓਹ ਸਿੱਖ ਨਹੀਂ. (ਗ) ਸੱਚੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ! ਜੋ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਸਿਰਗੁੰਮਾ ਪੰਜਾਂ ਮੇਲਾਂ ਦੇ ਮੁਹ ਕੋਈ ਲੱਗੈ ਨਹੀਂ. ਜੇ ਕੋਈ ਆਂਵਦਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਮੁਹ ਲਗ ਜਾਵੈ, ਤਾਂ ਕਿਉਂ ਕਰ ਵਚਨ ਹੈ? ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਇਆ- ਰਿਦਾ ਸੁੱਧ ਗੁਰਾਂ ਵੱਲ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ, ਆਂਵਦਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਮੁਹ ਲਗ ਜਾਵੈ, ਤਾਂ ਕੀ ਹੈ? ਵਰਤਣ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਨੀ. (ਘ) ਜੇਹੜੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਗੰਗਾ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਇਸਨਾਨ ਨੂੰ ਗਏ ਹਨ, ਜੋ ਇਸਨਾਨ ਕਰਕੈ ਆਵਨ ਤਾਂ ਕਿਵਕਰ ਵਰਤੀਏ? ਵਚਨ ਹੋਆ- ਹਿਤ ਪਿਆਰ ਨਾਲ ਓਨਾ ਨਾਲ ਵਰਤਣਾ ਬਹੁਤੀ ਦਿੱਕਤ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਰਨੀ ਭਾਈ ਸਿੱਖੋ! ਤੁਸਾਡੇ ਉੱਪਰ ਸਾਡਾ ਏਹ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੈ- ਪੰਜਾਂ ਮੇਲਾਂ ਵਿੱਚੋਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਨਾਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲਣਾ, ਕਿਉਂ ਜੋ ਓਨਾ ਦਾ ਮੇਲ ਕਰਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਸਿਦਕ ਘਟਦਾ ਹੈ. ਕੋਈ ਓਨਾਂ ਵਿੱਚੋਂ ਭੀ ਮੇਲ ਕੀਤਾ ਚਾਹੇ, ਸੋ ਮੇਲ ਲੈਣਾ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦਾ ਉਪਦੇਸ਼ ਦੇਣਾ, ਭਜਨ ਕਰਣਾ, ਧਰਮ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਤ ਕਰਣੀ ਤੇ ਵੰਡ ਖਾਣਾ, ਸਿੱਖ ਦੀ ਰਹਿਰਾਸਿ ਏਹੋ ਹੈ. (ਙ) ਸੱਚੇ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ! ਅੱਗੇ ਜੇ ਕੋਈ ਹੁਕਮਸਤਿ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਸੀ, ਤਾਂ ਅਸੀਂ ਪੰਡਿਤਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਬੁਲਾਇਕੈ ਗਰੁੜਪੁਰਾਣ ਵਚਾਂਵਦੇ ਸਾਂ, ਤੇ ਦਸਗਾਤ੍ਰ ਕਰਾਂਵਦੇ ਸਾਂ, ਤੇ ਹੁਣ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਂਵਦੇ ਕਹਿਁਦੇ ਹੈਨ- ਜੋ ਧਾਗਾ ਤੇ ਲੰਗੋਟ ਰੱਖੋ ਤੇ ਦਸਗਾਤ੍ਰ ਕਰੋ ਤਾਂ ਅਸੀਂ ਆਵਨੇ ਹਾਂ, ਜਿਵੇਂ ਹੁਕਮ ਹੋਵੈ ਤਿਵੈ ਕੀਚੈ. ਵਚਨ ਤੇ ਦਸਤਖਤ ਹੋਏ- ਤੁਸਾਂ ਸਿਦਕ ਤੇ ਤਕੜੇ ਰਹਿਣਾ, ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਭੋਗ ਪਵਾਣਾ ਤੇ ਪੰਜਵੇਂ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਸਹਸਕ੍ਰਿਤੀ ਸਲੋਕਾਂ ਦੀ ਕਥਾ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਥੀਂ ਸੁਣਨੀ. ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਭੀ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਜੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਵਾਸਾ ਹੋਵੈਗਾ, ਤੇ ਤੁਸਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਭੀ ਗਿਆਨ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਹੋਵੈਗਾ. ਸਿਦਕ ਜੇਹਾ ਤੇ ਨਾਮ ਜੇਹਾ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ.

¹ਖੰਡੇ ਦਾ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਛਕਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਕੇਸਧਾਰੀ ਸਿੰਘ.

///

WJKK WJKF

Bhai Namstang...I agree with every single one of those lines of that Maryada...I don't think you could find any objection to that as that seems to be the basic beliefs of Sikhism (other than the Raag Maala part which has many debates over its validity)

I don't think there was any conflict or "bickering" as everyone was very polite about the issue.

I posted the SGPC website for Heera Singh not you Bhai Namstang...

You did not seem to see the point of my arguments...I believe that with ONE APPLIED Maryada, we would not have issues such as Chairs in Langar halls, or Aarti towards photos, etc. With the numerous maryadas, there are some that have continued to believe in Human Gurus, etc. I am not saying that this would stop with a single Panthic Maryada, but it would most likely of have, if it had been applied many years ago. Better late than never....I am not educated enough to speak of Raag Maala or other issues similar to that, but I know that it should be.

And I don't think different Jathebandys are fighting each other or anything, so I don't understand why TALIKHAAK wrote the story of past Singhs fighting under the one Nishaan Sahib....nothing has changed, the Singhs and Kaurs of today would do so as well.

Although I have all the respect in the world for Takht Hazoor Sahib...and the numerous Singhs there that do much seva (as you pointed out for soem reason), there is also a large proportion of "Singhs" there that after hearing Guru Granth Sahib's hukamnama feel the need to finish their tradition of killing a goat (or some animal) with Charkha and then eating the flesh and drinking the blood. Please don't compare sevadars by the Gurudwara they go to...we cannot characterize a Singh/Kaur by which Gurudwara they go to, Seva is done at all the Gurudwaras' around the world. It is upto Waheguru to judge that seva...

"I highly beleive five takths are five pillars in the khalsa panth, and they all equally represent "Guru Khalsa Panth""

From my knowledge, I have heard that Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not want any monument or Gurudwar at the place where he left this world...so if that is correct than would not the location and presence of Takht Hazoor Sahib be incorrect and against Guru Ji's wishes?? (Please explain this.) I am simply asking a question and would not like to make any point...as I am not educated enough about this to even have an opinion on it.

I agree with Bhai Sahib Chatrik...the TRUE Panthic Maryada is not being followed, and won't be unless we are all willing to change and get rid of our ego's.

Bhul Chuk Di Maafi

WJKK WJKF

Bhai Namstang...I agree with every single one of those lines of that Maryada...I don't think you could find any objection to that as that seems to be the basic beliefs of Sikhism (other than the Raag Maala part which has many debates over its validity)

When did i said i found any objection on sgpc maryada????????????? i never did, stop putting words in my mouths. all i suggested other takhts maryada are valid as well. anyone who follows any of 5 takths maryada is not committing paap or breaking rehit, if you think why dont you consult vedanti to give others who follow other takhts maryada peshi? recent example of supermacy of all five takths- all five jathedars from all five takths got together in gurmatta meeting and came together to fight dera sacha suauda cult.

also you mentioned that you agree with chatrik, just out of curiousity do you also agree bhai mani singh maryada being true maryada of sri akaal takth sahib maryada as chatrik suggested.

When did i said i found any objection on sgpc maryada?????????????

Sry about that, I mispelt that, I meant to say "I don't think that ANYONE could find any objection to that...."

do you also agree bhai mani singh maryada being true

If historians are correct...then it is Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Maryada and not Bhai Mani Singh's, so naturally I do. The chart of "Bhai Mani Singh's Lineage" simply shows the people that were the head Jatheydars of the Jathebandys at the time....the chart seems to make it look like they are Gurus or something...which is incorrect as none of these Gursikhs taught or preached against Guru Ji's wishes.

Anyways this conversation seems to be going out of control and in a totally different direction...I did not mean to start any argument with anyone...you initially started with a very ignorant tone about how "new age sikhs" always fighting with each other, etc., etc. and I gave you a reply.

The initial question was...what is the Panthic Maryada asked by Heera Singh...I tried to answer the question and you can do so aswell....but please don't insult anyone or start saying that we are "bickering" when in reality we are just all trying to learn and have more gian of Sikhi...

Bhul Chuk Di Mafi....Sangat Bakhshanhar hai

WJKK WJKF