Theres Is No Heaven Or Hell

jii

I’m short for time, but I wanted to get this point across. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have researched that there is no ‘heaven’ or ‘hell’ in the live of Sikhs.

I have seen a number of Sikhs making statements about going to heaven or hell; but what I’ve heard is that we do not believe in ‘heaven’ or ‘hell’ is a concept created through Christianity and also is referred in islam.

The reason being is that heaven creates an image in one’s mind of a beautiful place, where everything is perfect and glorious, yet this would also create imagery in the minds which leads to lust that intoxicates the mind just like any other intoxicating substances. Sikhs must remain focused on god with a clear mind and no other thoughts.

We Sikhs die, our soul reunites with god, our body is burnt away like an empty shell, whilst our soul reunites with god in the same way how a rain drop reunites back with into the sea. If we were to do wrong, we would not go to ‘hell’, but would be ‘incarnated’ - this differs from ‘re-incarnation from Hinduism’ as we come back in human form to live another life, a cycle of endless lives that go no where but in circles.

I just wanted to get this point across to people. Please correct me if I am wrong but this is how I see the concepts of heaven and hell in accordance to sikhi.

as sikhs we aspire to go to sachkand, this is where we will merge with waheguruji. We dont want to go to what some call "heaven"..this place is described in christianity/islam as being where u get all of the things u want..materialistic things etc. We aim higher than heaven, we aim to be with god.

There is a lot of suggestion in sikhi to suggest that we are punished for our sins in a place like hell. The key difference between this and christianity/islam as that we dont believe that we are sent to such a pplace for eternity. we believe that once all of the sins are paid for, we are reborn into the world.

im sure others will give better answers, forgive me for anything that i have said which is wrong

fateh

I’m short for time, but I wanted to get this point across. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have researched that there is no ‘heaven’ or ‘hell’ in the live of Sikhs.

I have seen a number of Sikhs making statements about going to heaven or hell; but what I’ve heard is that we do not believe in ‘heaven’ or ‘hell’ is a concept created through Christianity and also is referred in islam.

The reason being is that heaven creates an image in one’s mind of a beautiful place, where everything is perfect and glorious, yet this would also create imagery in the minds which leads to lust that intoxicates the mind just like any other intoxicating substances. Sikhs must remain focused on god with a clear mind and no other thoughts.

We Sikhs die, our soul reunites with god, our body is burnt away like an empty shell, whilst our soul reunites with god in the same way how a rain drop reunites back with into the sea. If we were to do wrong, we would not go to ‘hell’, but would be ‘incarnated’ - this differs from ‘re-incarnation from Hinduism’ as we come back in human form to live another life, a cycle of endless lives that go no where but in circles.

I just wanted to get this point across to people. Please correct me if I am wrong but this is how I see the concepts of heaven and hell in accordance to sikhi.

To be with SatGuru is Heaven. To be without SatGuru is hell.

Guest Narinder Singh

Sikhi is about the here and now, how is one going to come to self realization after they die?

When Guru Maharaj talks about heaven and hell he's talking to the individuals who belief in that, when Guru Sahib is talking about reincarnation he again, is talking to the people who believe in it.

Fateh.

From what i have learnt, there is a lot of Heavens (Khands) and there is Hell (Narak). Our ultimate destination is to get back to Sachkhand. This is when our soul re unites with Waheguru and becomes one.

Even in Nitnem there are loads of references of the different Heavens (Khands) and Guru Ji makes loads of references to both a lot aswell.

Heres a few.

pwqwlw pwqwl lK Awgwsw Awgws ]

paathaalaa paathaal lakh aagaasaa aagaas ||

There are nether worlds beneath nether worlds, and hundreds of thousands of heavenly worlds above.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Jap

gur kY bcin nrik n pvY ]

gur kai bachan narak n pavai ||

The Guru's Word saves one from falling into hell

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

mwieAw mgnu nrik lY jweI ]1] rhwau ]

maaeiaa magan narak lai jaaee ||1|| rehaao ||

The intoxication of Maya leads the others to hell. ||1||Pause||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

nrku surgu duie BuMcnw hoie bhuir bhuir Avqwr ]2]

narak surag dhue bhu(n)chanaa hoe bahur bahur avathaar ||2||

You are subject to both heaven and hell, and you are reincarnated over and over again. ||2||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

nwnk jrw mrx BY nrk invwrY punIq krY iqsu jMqY ]1]

naanak jaraa maran bhai narak nivaarai puneeth karai this ja(n)thai ||1||

O Nanak, God dispels the fear of old age, death and hell; He purifies His beings. ||1||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

keI koit nrk surg invwsI ]

kee kott narak surag nivaasee ||

Many millions dwell in heaven and hell.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

nrik Goir muih kwlY KiVAw ijau qskru pwie glwvY ]

narak ghor muhi kaalai kharriaa jio thasakar paae galaavai ||

He shall be taken to the most horrible hell, with his face blackened like a thief, and a noose around his neck.

Guru Raam Daas Ji

Raag Gauree

There are LOADS more aswell. Also if you read Bhai Rama Singh Ji's book he actually had visions of Hell (Narak) and even spoke to Dharam Raj, the book will blow your mind. Its definately a must read.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Rupz - Im not sure if theres a PDF version but i got my copy from the Missionary in Southall for 8 squid. I cant actually find a site where you can order it from, i tried googling it but no luck.

I found a little extract which will give u a insight into what the books like.

http://www.pavandeepkaur.com/2005_01_01_archive.html

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh