Kaurs In Punj Piarey

Guest Hardeep_S_Khalsa
The Panj Pyare are a reenactment of what occured on Vaisakhi 1699.

Same way when we did an reenactment of the Christmas play at school.. did we have jesus as a girl? did we have the virgin Mary as a bloke? no!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dI1NhqZ975o

Please watch the video - sums everything up, no need to debate.

Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale refers to people who question these principles as 'Nasatk lokh'

With that logic we should have every pyara from the same caste as each of them were, the same names, height, weight, complexion, age, etc, why just stop at what gender they were? And why dont we have someone "acting" (since youve used such an example) as Mata Sahib Kaur ji putting the pataseh in the batta?

Besides, the panth has already made a decision regarding this, so you can bicker all you want.

Fateh.

Well said narinder singh.

Firstly when selecting punj pyare, they have to go through a certain criteria. For example keep amrit vela, rehit, nitnaam in the morning and non bhujjar kurati. If a bibi follows this criteria, then she may be eligible to do seva. A bibi can be a khalsa, can tranfer her kamai into the amrit, can do her nitnaam off by heart and represent guru gobind singh. Then why can't she do seva in the punj?

Also some1 is comparing a school christmas play, to an amrit sanchar, this is totally taken out of context. Guru Gobind Singh Jee says khalsa mero roop hai khaas. Does that mean a bibi cannot be khalsa because she is not male, doesnt have dhari and etc??

With that logic we should have every pyara from the same caste as each of them were, the same names, height, weight, complexion, age, etc
WOW :wub:
Someone once told me that women give "physical" birth and men give "spiritual birth" so both have equal responsibilities.
WOW :D
Mata Sahib Kaur put the patasey into the Amrit, so how come in every Amrit Sanchar you don't have a woman putting the patasey into the Amrit???

If you say that it should be only men because you have to 'replicate' what happened in 1699, then why not get guys of the same caste as those of the original Punj Pyarey?

WOW, and welcome to the forum :nihungsmile:

Finally, this forum is engaging in a genuine debate/discussion on an issue that needs to be thought about. Lets hope ot proceeds smoothly.

To put this subject to rest and to bring all your minds to relax, Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj has said that all Men and Women are EQUAL, did you get that 'EQUAL', they give birth to kings and then the male counterpart just dominates, but its should change as Guru Ji principles clearly state that women have the equal rights to the men.

Guest Narinder Singh
First off:

b. At the place where ambrosial baptism is to be administered, the holy Guru Granth Sahib should be installed and ceremonially opened. Also present should be six committed baptised Sikhs, one of whom should sit in attendance of the Guru Granth Sahib and the other five should be there to administer the ambrosial baptism. These six may even include Sikh women. All of them must have taken bath and washed their hair

- Rehit Maryada

And secondly, although i respect baba jarnail singh ji for the amount of seva he did for the panth, he is not the guru, the guru is the guru-panth and guru-granth, and above is what the guru-panth says regarding bibiyan as panj pyare.

Fateh.

Great! so which rehat maryada is this? Please let me know.

What I want to know, for all those out there who think that only men should be Punj Pyarey, if it really is a male/female thing.. Mata Sahib Kaur put the patasey into the Amrit, so how come in every Amrit Sanchar you don't have a woman putting the patasey into the Amrit???

I think the most beautiful thing to see is a graceful powerful Sikh woman being one of the Punj Pyarey. If you say that it should be only men because you have to 'replicate' what happened in 1699, then why not get guys of the same caste as those of the original Punj Pyarey?

Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not say I want the heads of 5 Sikh men.. he said he wanted the heads of 5 Sikhs.

In Sri Guru Granth Shib Ji, we are portrayed as 'brides'. So who is male or female? In our past reincarnations, God knows what we have been... both male and female. So who is to say who is compatible or not. I don't think you are/not elgible to be in the Punj Pyarey just because you have half a chromosome more or less than the opposite sex. Please, my Guru is more open minded than this... Don't insult them.

Satnam

Harsimrren Kaur

There's only one Rehit Maryada, and thats the Panthic Rehit Maryada from Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

Fateh.

Guest Narinder Singh
first you guys call him a sant, then you question what he says rolleyes.gif read sukhmani sahib people

True, but i think a lot of people call him that out of respect, if anything, its become a part of his name.

A sant can only recognize another sant.

Fateh.