Kaurs In Punj Piarey

Guest Narinder Singh

First off:

b. At the place where ambrosial baptism is to be administered, the holy Guru Granth Sahib should be installed and ceremonially opened. Also present should be six committed baptised Sikhs, one of whom should sit in attendance of the Guru Granth Sahib and the other five should be there to administer the ambrosial baptism. These six may even include Sikh women. All of them must have taken bath and washed their hair

- Rehit Maryada

And secondly, although i respect baba jarnail singh ji for the amount of seva he did for the panth, he is not the guru, the guru is the guru-panth and guru-granth, and above is what the guru-panth says regarding bibiyan as panj pyare.

Fateh.

I'm confused on this issue.....so lets say instead of 5 Men, their are 5 Women...right...so would they be called Panj Piareeaa instead of Panj Piarey? blush21.gif or am I just thinking crazy???? Or is Panj Piarey referring to Five Khalsey (men and women)?

Guest Narinder Singh
I'm confused on this issue.....so lets say instead of 5 Men, their are 5 Women...right...so would they be called Panj Piareeaa instead of Panj Piarey? blush21.gif or am I just thinking crazy???? Or is Panj Piarey referring to Five Khalsey (men and women)?

"pyara" isnt masculine or feminine in any way, it has no gender.

Sikh - female/male

Khalsa - female/male

Pyara - female/male

Fateh.

I believe that seva in Panj Pyare doesn't have to do with equality but simply who is qualified to do the job. Not having women do this seva doesn't mean they don't have equality it just means that there are differences in roles of genders. Any disabled person is not allowed to do this seva; so it has some physical requirements as well. Panth has the right to make the decision until then we can have our opinions and not fight over it. I don't think 3HO people have true understanding of Tat Gurmat and the reasoning behind it. I would stick with the panthik jathebandis.

Guest Narinder Singh
I believe that seva in Panj Pyare doesn't have to do with equality but simply who is qualified to do the job. Not having women do this seva doesn't mean they don't have equality it just means that there are differences in roles of genders. Any disabled person is not allowed to do this seva; so it has some physical requirements as well. Panth has the right to make the decision until then we can have our opinions and not fight over it. I don't think 3HO people have true understanding of Tat Gurmat and the reasoning behind it. I would stick with the panthik jathebandis.

The Panth has made a decision, read the Sikh Rehit Maryada as i've quoted above, it clearly states that women can be in the Panj Pyare.

Fateh.

The Panj Pyare are a reenactment of what occured on Vaisakhi 1699.

Same way when we did an reenactment of the Christmas play at school.. did we have jesus as a girl? did we have the virgin Mary as a bloke? no!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dI1NhqZ975o

Please watch the video - sums everything up, no need to debate.

Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale refers to people who question these principles as 'Nasatk lokh'

Guest Narinder Singh
The Panj Pyare are a reenactment of what occured on Vaisakhi 1699.

Same way when we did an reenactment of the Christmas play at school.. did we have jesus as a girl? did we have the virgin Mary as a bloke? no!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dI1NhqZ975o

Please watch the video - sums everything up, no need to debate.

Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale refers to people who question these principles as 'Nasatk lokh'

With that logic we should have every pyara from the same caste as each of them were, the same names, height, weight, complexion, age, etc, why just stop at what gender they were? And why dont we have someone "acting" (since youve used such an example) as Mata Sahib Kaur ji putting the pataseh in the batta?

Besides, the panth has already made a decision regarding this, so you can bicker all you want.

Fateh.

First off:

b. At the place where ambrosial baptism is to be administered, the holy Guru Granth Sahib should be installed and ceremonially opened. Also present should be six committed baptised Sikhs, one of whom should sit in attendance of the Guru Granth Sahib and the other five should be there to administer the ambrosial baptism. These six may even include Sikh women. All of them must have taken bath and washed their hair

- Rehit Maryada

And secondly, although i respect baba jarnail singh ji for the amount of seva he did for the panth, he is not the guru, the guru is the guru-panth and guru-granth, and above is what the guru-panth says regarding bibiyan as panj pyare.

Fateh.

Great! so which rehat maryada is this? Please let me know.

What I want to know, for all those out there who think that only men should be Punj Pyarey, if it really is a male/female thing.. Mata Sahib Kaur put the patasey into the Amrit, so how come in every Amrit Sanchar you don't have a woman putting the patasey into the Amrit???

I think the most beautiful thing to see is a graceful powerful Sikh woman being one of the Punj Pyarey. If you say that it should be only men because you have to 'replicate' what happened in 1699, then why not get guys of the same caste as those of the original Punj Pyarey?

Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not say I want the heads of 5 Sikh men.. he said he wanted the heads of 5 Sikhs.

In Sri Guru Granth Shib Ji, we are portrayed as 'brides'. So who is male or female? In our past reincarnations, God knows what we have been... both male and female. So who is to say who is compatible or not. I don't think you are/not elgible to be in the Punj Pyarey just because you have half a chromosome more or less than the opposite sex. Please, my Guru is more open minded than this... Don't insult them.

Satnam

Harsimrren Kaur