Sign in to follow this  
Degha Singh

Man Tu Jote Saroop Hai

Ik-Oankaar Satgur Parsaad.

One Universal Creator. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

Aasaa Mahalaa 3 Chhant Ghar 3.

(The Third Nanak- Sri Guru Amar Das Ji)

man tu jote saroop hai, aapnaa mool pachaan.

O my mind, you are the embodiment of the Divine Light - recognize your own origin.

man har jee terre naal hai gurmatee rang maan.

O my mind, WaheGuru is with you; through the Guru`s Teachings, embrace WaheGuru’s Divine Color.

mool pachaaneh taa saho jaaneh maran jeevan kee sojhee ho-ee.

Acknowledge your origin, and then you shall know your Husband Lord, and so understand death and birth.

gur parsaadee aeko jaaneh taa doojaa bhau na ho-ee.

By Guru`s Grace, know the One; then, you shall not love any other.

mann saant aayee vajee vadhaee ta ho-aa parvaan.

Peace comes to the mind, and gladness resounds; then, you shall be acclaimed.

iyo kahai nanak man too jot saroop hai apnaa mool pachaan. ||5||

Thus says Nanak: O my mind, you are the very image of the Luminous Lord, WaheGuru; recognize the true origin of your self. ||5||

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji -Ang 441

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh I'm not sure what to make of this but I felt called to share it.  I just got back to the Dojo, and there was a little injured bird hopping around in the snow, pecking at cracks in the parking lot.  It looked like it had a broken wing and was missing an eye, shivering slightly.  I opened the door and tried soothingly to invite inside. It would let me get pretty close but not too close, and it wouldn't come inside.  So I started playing Sukhmani Sahib Kirtan hoping it would feel drawn inside.  When it didn't come, and it started snowing harder I prayed and asked Vaheguru Ji to help it.  I was struck by how peaceful and happy bird friend was, even in the heavy snow, even injured, it just hopped around taking what little food it could, not a care in the world.  I looked down for a moment and when I looked back up it was gone. I know it couldn't fly. Either Vaheguru Ji healed it or took it.  I felt like I could learn a lot from bird friend. Be happy with whatever is given. 
    • They have to trade with someone. I hope it's equitable though. 
    • Guest Singh101
      Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki feteh,  I am sure most of you have seen the horrific clips of Singhs being beaten and pulled around by thier hair. It is inevitable that in any full on street fight dastars come off. I know some will disagree however having tide a dhammala my entire life and been in a number of fights I know this is the likely outcome. This leaves the Singh very vunreble as it is extremely difficult to protect yourself when pulled around by long hair, let alone see. The aim of this post is to share my method. I use 2 large clips ( can use more depending on the size of your kesh) which having done my juraah I use to clip my kesh in place.  This prevents my long kesh unwrapping and firmly keeps it all together if my dastar comes off in a grapple. I hope you find it useful and have added some photos to illustrate.