Whats Is A Surname?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nikki_
I never used my last name till grade 10. then i had to apply for schooling in canada and i was asked to put my last name.. not that i am proud of it. Amritdhari sikhs have used last names for many reasons.. no need to get too excited about that.

If people want to get excited let them, whats wrong with a little excitement? :wub:

I don't really use my surname , unless i'm required to fill in some form.

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ki Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sangat ji as for the issue in canada, we need to stand strong against western influence, they will want to condition sikhs more and more, my stand would be i have no other surname besides singh, i cant just make one up???? if it makes you happy put khalsa at the end of my name. The canadian issue is not about surnames it is about our God given right to keep our spritual names.

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

khu nwnk sB qyrI vifAweI koeI nwau n jwxY myrw ]4]10]49]

kahu naanak sabh thaeree vaddiaaee koee naao n jaanai maeraa ||4||10||49||

Says Nanak, this is all Your greatness; no one even knows my name. ||4||10||49||

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

Can you put the whole bani in rather then picking one line and changing the meaning.

When I read Guru Jis bani which you posted like that, its like i'm reading the ending first before the beginning of the bani.

Ek Onkar Satnam

Rupz Ji, it has been copied and pasted from sikhitothemax.com, i believe it to be the correct translation, please tell me what you think it should mean? Rupz try and use the Khalsa greeting, it will help you recite waheguru twice everytime you post a message.

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

Gurfateh Jio

Bladzzz we gotta calm down with the contradicting evry single point some1 mkes! we need ekta n pyaar nt beef n fightin

paji has gave some good advice which i think will benefit everyone in dfuture n i hope hlps prgress every1 in sikhi but paji jus 1 question wen i tke of da last name do i hav 2 change it on my passports etc?

sorry sangat ji if i sd nefin rong!

Fateh jio

Gurfateh Jio

Bladzzz we gotta calm down with the contradicting evry single point some1 mkes! we need ekta n pyaar nt beef n fightin

paji has gave some good advice which i think will benefit everyone in dfuture n i hope hlps prgress every1 in sikhi but paji jus 1 question wen i tke of da last name do i hav 2 change it on my passports etc?

sorry sangat ji if i sd nefin rong!

Fateh jio

Ek Onkar Satnam

Pakhand Ji, i took my surname off soon after i recieved Amrit and i soon after that i had removed my surname using the deed poll document from my passport and bank accounts. It was very easy to do as every major organisation accepts this deed, there was no hassle involved. Pyare ji it is your personal choice if you do the same as me, as khalsa we need to protray we are one family and we have no difference between eachother, we should truely accept we all have the same father, Guru Gobind Singh, and we are all his sons and daughters, Singhs and Kaurs.

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"