Sign in to follow this  
Khalsa04

Sikh Gurus And Their Wives [guru Ke Mehal]

Guest Dancing Warrior   
Guest Dancing Warrior
I love how supersingh is assuming all these reasons for the number of wives, he'd rather believe something that come out of his mind due to sheer frustration and confusion than accept historical fact.

im NOT confused mate you dont know me so dont judge....im just trying to figure out whats right there are so many opinions thats al.

It appears you have already 'figured out' what you want to be 'right' and are doing all you can to support the view which supports your ego, i.e. the nickname theory which most likely originated from the depths of ones vivid imagination and no where else. Its like deciding for yourself (based upon nothing) what the answer is yet still asking the question even although you know you will refuse to accept the answer.

This is not a personal attack and I apologise if it comes accross as such, it simply represents the mentality of a large number of people, particulary many Sikhs that I have come across. You atleast acknowledge the possibility you may be wrong and as such recognise that whatever the Gurus did you cannot question. I respect that, other than using the typical arguement 'But why would the Gurus do this?'. In future please do some research and speak to many people before deciding on such topics.

i understand what you're saying and btw the nickname theory alot of people think like that........i accept my thinking is wrong but people have to accept that if you have been thinking the same way for a long time (i.e. the Guru's only had one wife) it will take time to adjust to a new train of thought. also i didnt take it as personal attack we are all here to learn so its all good.

Supersingh I don’t suggest you conclude on an issue simply based on what’s been discussed here, as with anything especially Sikhi, your faith, culture, history and roots its better you do some in-depth research untarnished, unbiased, impartially and without prefixed prejudices.

You may be surprised to what you unravel and marvel, but ultimately it may not be to your liking.

I love how supersingh is assuming all these reasons for the number of wives, he'd rather believe something that come out of his mind due to sheer frustration and confusion than accept historical fact.

im NOT confused mate you dont know me so dont judge....im just trying to figure out whats right there are so many opinions thats al.

It appears you have already 'figured out' what you want to be 'right' and are doing all you can to support the view which supports your ego, i.e. the nickname theory which most likely originated from the depths of ones vivid imagination and no where else. Its like deciding for yourself (based upon nothing) what the answer is yet still asking the question even although you know you will refuse to accept the answer.

This is not a personal attack and I apologise if it comes accross as such, it simply represents the mentality of a large number of people, particulary many Sikhs that I have come across. You atleast acknowledge the possibility you may be wrong and as such recognise that whatever the Gurus did you cannot question. I respect that, other than using the typical arguement 'But why would the Gurus do this?'. In future please do some research and speak to many people before deciding on such topics.

i understand what you're saying and btw the nickname theory alot of people think like that........i accept my thinking is wrong but people have to accept that if you have been thinking the same way for a long time (i.e. the Guru's only had one wife) it will take time to adjust to a new train of thought. also i didnt take it as personal attack we are all here to learn so its all good.

Supersingh I don’t suggest you conclude on an issue simply based on what’s been discussed here, as with anything especially Sikhi, your faith, culture, history and roots its better you do some in-depth research untarnished, unbiased, impartially and without prefixed prejudices.

You may be surprised to what you unravel and marvel, but ultimately it may not be to your liking.

Im not concluding on this issue based on this discussion alone even I know that BUT i have realised i will have to research into this in more depth.

Bundha    572
i mean we have brother here asking 'why the heck guru ji would need this'. again let me remind you of the relationship we have here ... we are the sikhs... the worms....the idiots... the ones that know NOTHING... the ones who beg at the door of the guru ... the ones who dont even deserve to be called sikhs of the might guru .... and YET we have the nerve to question why the guru needs to do x y and z! well let me ask u .. why does the guru need to give a da*n about any of us? when we have the nerve to think we can question the guru!!

soooo TRUE.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

From my recollection this topic has been debated many times in the past on the forum, please try searching it as this will probably just cause another bout of arguments.

However i would just like to post that akalipurkhkifauj, ur id contains the following

"Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death. "

-Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale

sant jarnail singh ji and damdami taksal believe that guru sahib had 3 wives, and that guru hargobind sahib ji, and guru har rai sahib ji etc had more then one wife. if this is wrong, and they were 'arrogant' as per the article u posted then sant ji had already 'died' a death of the conscience. so you are killing sant ji urself ohmy.gif )

we can make up all the excuses we want nowadays to make ourselves comfortable with the gurus actions. i personally am very proud of the gurus and nothing they did emabarasses me. this includes having more then one wife. but if u feel that this is something wrong and indecent then well u need to deal with it in ur own mind i guess. but as bundha has said, the evidence is there. either ur guru as porran, complete and perfect ... or dont. and ps no we are not meant to copy everything guru sahib did. maharajh gave amrit to 5 pyareh HIMSELF, we would not copy that. guru ji cut off their heads and rejoined them, we would not do that, guur nanak sahib ji did various amazing things on his travels with bhai mardana eg, retransforming bhai mardana body, travelling to other worlds, spinning mecca, squeezinf blood and milk from food etc etc. we DO NOT do these things... ie the guru does some things which we do not. this does not make the guru a hypocrite, anyone who says this is hunkari to be able to think that they should be able to do what the guru can!! are we disciples or the teacher??!

Im sorry veer. i didn't know, i apologize. im a moorakh, forgive me. :umm:

Satgur Har Rai Sahib Jee

wives:

Mata Krishan Kaur Jee,

Mata Chand Kaur Jee,

Mata Ram Kaur Jee,

Mata Kaut Kalyani Jee,

Mata Thoki Jee,

Mata Anokhi Jee,

Mata Ladho Jee,

Mata Prem Kaur Jee,

Get over it.

CAN ANY PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY THINK THAT ANY OF OUR GUROO SAHIBS HAD MORE THAN ONE WIFE, POSSIBLY EXPLAIN WHY THE HECK GUROO JI WOULD WANT MORE THAN ONE WIFE?

Thank you for your constructive criticism rolleyes.gif

Below is one of the sites that have been promoting this false history Please contact the administrators for this site and make your views known.

http://www.damdamitaksal.com/his_gurus.htm :nihungsmile:

They clearly have dubious linage and spread misinformation unlike your very good self and others!

Grow up. jamdoot.gif

Jai Tegang!    18

For those who have faith in mahapurakh gurmukh piarey, here's what many have to say about this topic:

1. Guru maharaj ji's sareer is not made from the 5 elements (i'm not speaking of shabad-Guru, but Guruji's human form). To the world they appear flesh and bones, but they are infact not!

2. Guru ji does not have the needs of a normal human body. Like need for food, water, sleep.

3. Guru ji never enters teh womb. The body is nurtured via another soul or just through Vaheguru's shakti. Once the child is born, then Guru ji enters the body. This body is not a normal human body once Guruji's prakash enters it.

4. Guru ji does not perform bhog-bilas (sexual intercourse).

5. Guru ji's body can't be harmed; no disease can afflict it ; flames can't touch it.

It is Guru ji's will if they wish to allow the appearence of blood, disease to the world ( in the case of Guru Arjan Dev ji allowing for the blisters and blood to show, or Guru Harkrishan Sahib ji allowing small-pox to show; or Guru Teg Bahadur ji, etc.)

Also, according to mahapurakhs (from different sampardays), none of the Guru shibaan's sareers touched flames. They always vanished from the funeral pyre.

These are some of the points I can recall right now.

Keeping these points in mind, we will begin to understand our Guru maharaj a bit more.

The sanjog( meeting/intereaction) that anyone had with any Paatshahi was due to great good karms.

No one just becomes a sister, brother, father, mother, wife, son, daughter, uncle, nephew of Guru maharaj. These family members were great great souls and bhagats (except for those like prithi chand who had their own unique karms to put them in such a position).

Each member was a great bhagat from this and previous yugs. Mahapurakhs know about all the past lives of these great bhagats. I have come to learn of Mata Sahib kaur ji and Baba Sri Chand ji so far from hearing mahapurakhs of the past and present.

All the sanagt really needs to know is that Guru maharaj is beyond sexual desires(which is probably hte biggest issue people have with multiple mariages). Guru maharaj does not even perform bhog-bilas,so how can this even cross our minds?

We really don't know what kind of bhagats all the mahals (wives) of Guru maharaj were; what // (boon) they were granted to enable them to become wives of sargun-saroop vaheguru.

Infact, to go into even more depth (this may be beyond many here), we are all hoping to become(or, are ) wives of vaheguru. Akaal Purakh having these many wives!!!!!

In conclusion, my benti....please lets not try and apply our own thinking to Guru ji. Some things take time to understand (if Guru maharaj wills it be undertood at all). AK-47 wrote a wonderful post about how we are not here to question or mimic Guru ji's actions. That's not a Sikh at all!!

• Like 2

Bundha    572

Jai Tegang,

you are absolutely and totally correct.......................but alas it will not sit well with many "Sikhs".

Me thinks you have rare sangat of some very high avastah soul (I shall avoid saying the 'word')

• Like 1

KH4L1$T4N1    15

what HISTORIC source mentions Guru Har Rai Sahib having 8 wives? most that i have read of say 1 or some say 2. Eight is pure absurd. and as far as "quetioning" Guru Sahib goes, no one is doing that its just these absurd multiple wife stories that are being questioned and as far as malech Khalse is concerned, who is malech? the guys who call Guru A polygamist or those who question such claims?

• Like 1

tuhintuhin    621

For those who have faith in mahapurakh gurmukh piarey, here's what many have to say about this topic:

1. Guru maharaj ji's sareer is not made from the 5 elements (i'm not speaking of shabad-Guru, but Guruji's human form). To the world they appear flesh and bones, but they are infact not!

2. Guru ji does not have the needs of a normal human body. Like need for food, water, sleep.

3. Guru ji never enters teh womb. The body is nurtured via another soul or just through Vaheguru's shakti. Once the child is born, then Guru ji enters the body. This body is not a normal human body once Guruji's prakash enters it.

4. Guru ji does not perform bhog-bilas (sexual intercourse).

5. Guru ji's body can't be harmed; no disease can afflict it ; flames can't touch it.

It is Guru ji's will if they wish to allow the appearence of blood, disease to the world ( in the case of Guru Arjan Dev ji allowing for the blisters and blood to show, or Guru Harkrishan Sahib ji allowing small-pox to show; or Guru Teg Bahadur ji, etc.)

Also, according to mahapurakhs (from different sampardays), none of the Guru shibaan's sareers touched flames. They always vanished from the funeral pyre.

These are some of the points I can recall right now.

Keeping these points in mind, we will begin to understand our Guru maharaj a bit more.

The sanjog( meeting/intereaction) that anyone had with any Paatshahi was due to great good karms.

No one just becomes a sister, brother, father, mother, wife, son, daughter, uncle, nephew of Guru maharaj. These family members were great great souls and bhagats (except for those like prithi chand who had their own unique karms to put them in such a position).

Each member was a great bhagat from this and previous yugs. Mahapurakhs know about all the past lives of these great bhagats. I have come to learn of Mata Sahib kaur ji and Baba Sri Chand ji so far from hearing mahapurakhs of the past and present.

All the sanagt really needs to know is that Guru maharaj is beyond sexual desires(which is probably hte biggest issue people have with multiple mariages). Guru maharaj does not even perform bhog-bilas,so how can this even cross our minds?

We really don't know what kind of bhagats all the mahals (wives) of Guru maharaj were; what // (boon) they were granted to enable them to become wives of sargun-saroop vaheguru.

Infact, to go into even more depth (this may be beyond many here), we are all hoping to become(or, are ) wives of vaheguru. Akaal Purakh having these many wives!!!!!

In conclusion, my benti....please lets not try and apply our own thinking to Guru ji. Some things take time to understand (if Guru maharaj wills it be undertood at all). AK-47 wrote a wonderful post about how we are not here to question or mimic Guru ji's actions. That's not a Sikh at all!!

waheguru....true waheguru ji

• Like 1

Is it possible that Guru Ji married first. Didn't have children for nearly a decade and then with Mata Jis permission remarried, and had a child with the second wife. But 'miraculously' the first wife bore 3 children afterwards?

Because the three younger Sahibzadas are said to be of the 1677 marriage while the eldest Sahibzada is of the 1685 marriage.

Just a hypothese, don't attack.