I Don't Want To Merge With Waheguru?

B4ND4

see link: akath katha >> http://www.prabhmilnekachao.com/Dvd21part1.html

more simran sessions on the site >> http://www.prabhmilnekachao.com/videoSimran.html

Very inspiring.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

One day Gautama the young Buddha ran away from his kingdom, frustrated with life and the pomp of his court. He ran for hours then he came across a clearing in a dense part of the forest. Sitting on a log was a dishevelled old man he looked pal and thin. Gautama had become tired and hungry so he sat down next to the old man on a log and took out some fruit and bread from his sack. As he broke his bread he felt the hunger of the old mans eyes so he handed him a piece, The old mans face lit up like the morning sun. Fascinated Gautama handed him another piece and again the old mans face reflected his inner glow. Gautama’s heart melted when he saw the old man eat so he gave all the food, the old man in return could see Gautama glow with love as he shared his food with him, he had never felt like this before. Through out the whole experience no one spoke not a whisper. Finally it began to get dark and Gautama got up and ran home, the old man also shuffled up and made his way to his home enchanted by Gautama’s generosity and love.

The young Buddha ran in to the palace and in to his mothers arms, when asked where he had been he replied “ today I truly met God, I felt him, he looked like an old man but I knew it was him I could feel his love, you should have seen his glowing face, I couldn’t even speak it was that wonderful”

The old man subsequently had also reached his small wooden house at the edge of the forest and with a smile opened the door. His wife who had been worried about him asked where he had been he replied

“ Truly today I met the Lord, he came to me as a small boy dressed like a heavenly prince, he knew I was hungry, he fed me and showered me with his love, truly today I have met the Lord, I was lost in the moment”

The Lord God Vaheguru resides in us all, in the mechanics of perfections and definitions we all too often forget that.

Akaal

wot a beautiful story veerjee/pehnjee thank u for sahring that has to be the best start to my day d_oh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
wah wah, you finally started a good thread :lol:

think about the following tuk, the answer is there :umm:

haumY dIrG rogu hY dwrU BI iesu mwih ]

houmai dheeragh rog hai dhaaroo bhee eis maahi ||

Ego is a chronic disease, but it contains its own cure as well.

actually the answer to your question "shouldn't it be done as shukrana for what akal purakh has bestowed upon us, counting our blessing, living in the bhana of waheguru. But instead we do naam jap to merge with waheguru..isn't that an attribute of a selfcentered individual" is both yes and no

can u please elaborate on that quote...4 sum reason i dont get it?? :umm:

how wud we use ego...im confused

Guest Akirtghan

i'm sure you already know how ego is a disease ya?

so lets look at how it is also its own cure. say you are pretty much wasting your life, drinking, drugs, women etc.... and one day you realize HEY i'm wasting my life, i'm not doing anything productive. everytime I, ME, MYSELF come into play ego is involved. but, in this case ego does some good :umm: it is the ego that makes you realize that you are wasting your life and should be doing something productive instead. take say cold medicine for example, too little wont have any effect, too much will be harmful but it takes just the right amount to cure the disease. its the same pill, its just gives different results when taken in different quantities.

in the same way, ego is always the same, too little and you wont have any self pride, you might allow people to walk all over you which is not good. too much, well we all what happens there, but with just the right amount it can do wonders.

get it? :umm:

PS. now i wait for those who'll say no, we must get rid of ego, just like we must get rid of kaam :umm: ummmm u can't get rid of kaam, if you think u can then its going against gurmat philosophy :lol:

i'm sure you already know how ego is a disease ya?

so lets look at how it is also its own cure. say you are pretty much wasting your life, drinking, drugs, women etc.... and one day you realize HEY i'm wasting my life, i'm not doing anything productive. everytime I, ME, MYSELF come into play ego is involved. but, in this case ego does some good :umm: it is the ego that makes you realize that you are wasting your life and should be doing something productive instead. take say cold medicine for example, too little wont have any effect, too much will be harmful but it takes just the right amount to cure the disease. its the same pill, its just gives different results when taken in different quantities.

in the same way, ego is always the same, too little and you wont have any self pride, you might allow people to walk all over you which is not good. too much, well we all what happens there, but with just the right amount it can do wonders.

get it? :umm:

PS. now i wait for those who'll say no, we must get rid of ego, just like we must get rid of kaam :umm: ummmm u can't get rid of kaam, if you think u can then its going against gurmat philosophy :lol:

cool that makes sense.........that remind me of a katha i heard at the gurdwara, the giaani jee sed that Krodh isnt a bad thing cos with anger when used positivly it can be used to get things done like when when u doing work abit of krodh keeps us persistant unitl we get the job done (i think he used a ploughing in the field example) but its when u use anger to hurt someone do summat selfish and purly for personal gain WITHOUT thinking of how ur actions effect others or knowing that ur actions are bad but going ahead with it anyway thats when it becomes bad

er.....hope that mad sense cos i swear it did when the gyaani jee was saying it :D

he also sed that sometime Truth with hurtful intent is the equivelet to a lie and a lie with decent and honest means is the equivilent to telling the truth.................he was amazing man

i think the moral of his katha was it is the INTENT of ur actions that determine wether the action is good or not.................

bhul chuck maafi

i m lazy enough to read all posts ... but i remember one thing some mahapursh told some where that guru nanakdev ji has said jehra banda jeunda mukt hai oh maar ke we mukt ... jehra banda jeunda mukt nahi chahe ho geyani bhagat yaa soorma oh maar ke we mukt nahi ....

Penj, the katha you're hearing most of the time is done in Tamogun,

Try and get sangat of Akath Katha sangat, Guru Granth Sahib ji will be Well understood and we need to do also.

erm..............wots a Tamogun...........

forgive me if i understood the katha wrong im sure the giaani was giving a postive msg............if i sed anything wrong bhul chuck maaf karni

• 10 years later...
On 19/6/2007 at 3:45 PM, B4ND4 said:

Tenets of Sikhi

1. Nam Japna

2. Kirat Karni

3. Vand Shakna

I solely believe in the teachings of SGGS and i do believe WAHEGURU is there but i am unable to get around the "merging with god" part. I mean doesn't that make us self-centered. We are on this earth(in human form) to do the above mentioned things. I totally understand the "kirat karni" and "vand shakna". What confuses me is "nam japna", shoudln't nam japna be living in bhayai of akal purakh, shouldn't it be done as shukrana for what akal purakh has bestowed upon us, counting our blessing, living in the bhana of waheguru. But instead we do naam jap to merge with waheguru..isn't that an attribute of a selfcentered individual and in doing so are we just strengthening the wall between us and humility??

me confused..please express your thoughts

Brother B4ND4,

When we want to pour milk in vessel, what do we usually do?

We wash and clean it, isn´t it?

In a similar way, we clean the filth of haume from our minds  with kirat karni and vand shakna, through practising truth and humility, and at the same time defeat and get liberation from the chains of our minds on us, through Nam japna.

Nam Japna, is the only means, the ladder which takes us to His Lotus Feet, if only we really want to become with Him.

He is the Sun, our soul a ray. He is an Infinte Ocean, our soul a drop from it. There is nothing wrong in merging with our Origin, He Wahiguru; rather it is just natural to become one with Him.

Also Guru Jee clearly tells us: Jin har japeeya, se Har hoeeya.

All the 3 points mentioned by you above are important, but if we want to become one with Him, then brother, there is only one way, your first and topmost point: Nam japna.

Sat Sree Akal.