I Don't Want To Merge With Waheguru?

B4ND4

Tenets of Sikhi

1. Nam Japna

2. Kirat Karni

3. Vand Shakna

I solely believe in the teachings of SGGS and i do believe WAHEGURU is there but i am unable to get around the "merging with god" part. I mean doesn't that make us self-centered. We are on this earth(in human form) to do the above mentioned things. I totally understand the "kirat karni" and "vand shakna". What confuses me is "nam japna", shoudln't nam japna be living in bhayai of akal purakh, shouldn't it be done as shukrana for what akal purakh has bestowed upon us, counting our blessing, living in the bhana of waheguru. But instead we do naam jap to merge with waheguru..isn't that an attribute of a selfcentered individual and in doing so are we just strengthening the wall between us and humility??

me confused..please express your thoughts

u need to go back to the source from where you came. You kno whats funny about naam simran is that, the reason for it is only realised once we do it. The love and desperation to merge with guroo ji (whcih makes a person do more naam jap) only comes after japping in the first place!

just trust guroo sahib, do what he says and we shud all try to do as much jap as we can, then guroo sahib will be pleased and explain all. Mind you, dont do naam jap to gain sumthing like the reason why, cause then none of us will get newhere, we shud try our bests to do jap just cause guroo ji sed so. Now, if only i could practice this... lol

mmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting, this did make me think a little bit....................bhul chuck maafi if i understood the question wrong but this are my thoughts.................

it depends on our viewpoint.................think of it like this............

what are we? we are the creation of God................

why are we here? because we forsaked God in our previous life and we are here to rectify those mistakes................when we jaap naam................we dont only do to become one with God we do to give us the strengh to "be one with god, and the world yet remain detached from it ("it" being the world)"

an example is getting married, its simply a physical union between two souls, we as humans must provide and care and nurture our family but when we forget waheguru and become consumed by family, work, emotional commitments.......we forget God and He is the one who created us...............we are simply manifestations of His Mster plan....................

when people compliment us and flatter us.................we develop pride which will only cause our downfall.........yet when recieveing a compliment when should thank Waheguru bcos every action that we partake in is the result of our pre-ordained destiny...........

What confuses me is "nam japna", shoudln't nam japna be living in bhayai of akal purakh, shouldn't it be done as shukrana for what akal purakh has bestowed upon us, counting our blessing, living in the bhana of waheguru. But instead we do naam jap to merge with waheguru..isn't that an attribute of a selfcentered individual and in doing so are we just strengthening the wall between us and humility??

the sole purpose of nam japna is not just merge with waheguru..........that will happen automatically as a result of good deads in ur life which is not just reciting bani, but loving all those around u...............encouraging others to find the path of wahguru.....etc etc.........alongside reciting bani................

its when we start having pride and ego in the fact that we recite bani thats makes us question or doubt our humility....................everyone, myself included takes some level of pride within theirselves..................but this pride only lays the foundations of our self-destruction so its the 5 chors, thats takes us away from humility and NOT japing Naam itself.......

i hope that made sense cos i think faster than i type

bhul chuck maafi veerjee

JustME

Raaj na chao mukat na chao man preet charan kamalaareh

we shud naam jap cus we love vaheguru.. right now our avastha is not that high so naturally we see what we can gain. Bt once we do so much bhagtee and live in vaheguroos hukam... the love will come and we wont care about what we will get out of it.---. we will make it as if its a one way thing..we give love bt will not be bothered about what we get out of it.

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh

Guest Akirtghan

wah wah, you finally started a good thread :|

think about the following tuk, the answer is there :lol:

haumY dIrG rogu hY dwrU BI iesu mwih ]

houmai dheeragh rog hai dhaaroo bhee eis maahi ||

Ego is a chronic disease, but it contains its own cure as well.

actually the answer to your question "shouldn't it be done as shukrana for what akal purakh has bestowed upon us, counting our blessing, living in the bhana of waheguru. But instead we do naam jap to merge with waheguru..isn't that an attribute of a selfcentered individual" is both yes and no

Don't we want to meet a person if he/she has some quality or has something just great in him/her ....... yes why not...........I am excited...

However here the case is a bit diff becoz the Waheguru is Oceanfull of Quality still we don't wanna meet him... why? Just becoz we don't really know his qualities ...we havn't seen him around...we havn't met him(or didn't remember the last meet)....so what to do...here where interference of Guru comes in

And that is why Guru Sahibaan has given so much preference to sing the qualities(Kirtan) of waheguru, to meet sadh sangat daily(to feel him around) and chant his name(call him again and again).....so that we cud engrave his qualtites on our heart

And by doing this might be one day we could have a drop of love(Preet) for him....

......merging in him is too faaaaaar thing first let us enjoy that priceless preet of him....

Bhuul Chukk Maaf !!!