Dont Judge People Based On External Form

dalsingh101

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what interpretations have you provided other than your personal opinions? Do you not agree with Gurbani? Why not? All I have done is post Gurbani and you are hell bent on rejecting everything just so you can distort Sikhi for selfish reasons. Show me one single line of my posts that cannot be backed with Gurbani or Vaaran? Gurbani shows the right path to everyone and I showed you what Gurbani says. You need to do some soul searching first. On one hand you are telling others not to judge anyone but at the same time calling monay "Sikhs". Why? Is that not judging on your part? Why do you have double standards? Your ridiculous empty claims have no solidarity when it comes to Guru Sahib's teachings. Your language shows how close you are to Sikhi.

Bijla Singh veer ji, Is sikhi the only way to god?

Yes. this topic has been discussed. I was able to find this link http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...21400&st=15

Look through it, read the posts written by Singh132. To summarize, Guru Nanak Sahib (Satguru) has been giving muktee since the beginning, all bhagats were Sikhs and no one has ever obtained naam and muktee from anyone other than Guru Sahib. The link answers all the questions.

dalsingh101, your post's message is fine. your basically saying that RECEIVING amrit does not mean a person is perfect and japmans has supported this claim with sound input that to take full advantage of Amrit, one must do kamayee. Our whole faith is about actions.

One can take amrit in a ritualistic waya nd say ok I took amrit now I'm liberated, or in the spirit of Sikhi, say hey ok I took amrit now my mat is history and the Guru's way of life is my way of life now. And one then acts according to Gurmat. key word gurmat. Amrit is a chance to reach the highest potential of this human life. There are shabads from SGGS ji which say how some peopel have amrit in their hands and let it slip out of their grasp. Thsi may be what dalsingh101 is talking about.

And Bijla veerji si talking about the importance of amrit which means one has said ok, now the Guru's way is my way. Accepting Satguru as your own is fundamental to sikhi, no doubt about that.

In the end, my personal opinion is that dalsingh101 and Bijla singh are saying the same things but refuse to see it.

Veer ji, supporting taking amrit and accepting guru sahib is not Talibanish and is a bit of an insult to any sikh as the Taliban is known to be a cruel and inhumane group of people. anyone who says take Guru's sharan, the same Guru which inspres humility and compassion in our hearts cannot be compared to the Taliban. The Taliban is sending people to death, and people who say flock to the Guru are sending people to Love.

peace.

I said before that Sikhs, in the UK, are defined by law as both a religious community AND a race. It was amritdhari and keshdhari Sikhs who fought the case that made this happen. Sikhs have protection as a race against discrimination as a result.

Are some of you (especially Bilja) saying that this is wrong and we shouldn't be defined thus. If so, why has no one said anything before.

Plus some of you can visibly see how certain amritdharis are going out of their way to tell people they are not Sikh like some Khalsa Gestapo.

Then you wonder why people get sickend and leave or convert. Take a good look at yourselves and see what part you play in this.

Finally people like Bilja need to realise that they will never be anything like the true Khalsa that they are trying to imitate, just by keeping their kesh and acting pompous. Plusthe assertion that SIkhs believe only Sikhi is teh way to God shows you how twisted some peoples thinking has become, given the Gurus actually patronised some sufis (Buddhan Shah etc.).

Enough of this already. I know peoples views wont change, so we are better off agreeing to disagree.

ADMIN CLOSE THE TOPIC! THOSE SIKH MORANS ARE ABOUT TO START ARGUING AMONGST THEMESELVES AGAIN! LOL

Well said bro. I agree with you that not all amritdharis are saints.

I personally can't wait till the day when there is a war between amritdharis and non-amritdharis. Oh man, I will be doing mad sewa for the cause. Blood for Blood :lol:

That is a bit strong. I can't wait for the day that the two resolve their issues.

It will happen when we all encounter seriously harsh times. It has the effect of unifying everyone.

Guest Guest

We should judge people on external form. How else will they come into Sikhi?

To do Gurmat Parchaar we need to address Monay the most.

At least Amritdharis have found the ladder which goes to Sachkhand.

But also to do Parchaar we Amritdharis need Kamaaee as well. If we don't do the required Nitnem, and yet preach on stages, it won't have much effect. We need the Gursikhi Jeewan as well.

Remember great Mahapurakhs like Sant Attar Singh Ji Mastuana who inspired over 17 lakhs people to take Amrit.

Guest __Singh__

i beleive both dalsingh & Bijla Singh are both right.

In Gurbani we see many things said by Guru Ji which at first glance seem like contrdictions ie doin a pilgramage is futile as the true pilgragmage is within and on the other hand how good it is to go on pilgramage by which you will be inspired by sangat etc.

But both inspire people to live a righteous life. To a nes starter doing pilgramage inspires them to keep up with Sikhi. A point come (through Mahraj's kirpa) that you realise that while doing pilgrage are good don't loose site that Vahegurro Ji is everywhere.

In the same way both Dalsingh & Bijla Singh are correct in their own ways.

But this notion of your not Sikhis pushing people away from Sikhi. Instead of saying your not Sikh, show that much pyaar that the other is inspired to keep kesh/rehat etc. Baba Attar singh mastuana wale never once said Amrit Shako but thousands did...thats how much pyaar he showed to all

You don't need to put others down..just show them pyaar, they will come running.

Time are gonna get harder, we need to stick together.